UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The GOOD cosplay thread.

NorthRaider

Not to be confused with the, um, other thread. (It's titled "Argghh My Eyes!" for a reason!!!)

Just felt like sharing some cool pics I took from last year's Philippine Toy Convention, which I never got to share with anybody else. And with some other good conventions (both here and elsewhere) constantly popping up, I figured we might need our own place to post some cool costume sightings for real.

Here's a couple to start things off:

This one's kinda adorable.

June14Kodak014.jpg

Minimateespo's pic in the Show Your Face thread reminded me of this (sorry it's not rotated properly):

June14Kodak016.jpg

Masked Rider Dude!

June14Kodak021.jpg

Will post some more if I finish finding and uploading them. Man, I wish I had a working camera again. :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raider, seriously, mine is better tho, right?

It's certainly more faithful to the overall fun spirit of Mario ;) Of course, that doesn't beat you showing up as The Joker for Halloween AT THAT PLACE WHERE YOU WORK. :lol:

Might as well wrap up my Mario quota for today:

June14Kodak019.jpg

Here are some random anime ones:

June14Kodak030.jpg

June14Kodak038.jpg

June14Kodak048.jpg

Spread the love! :)

June14Kodak072.jpg

Movie Mark I Iron Man (I think)

June14Kodak037.jpg

Lady Predator!

June14Kodak060.jpg

(I remember there was a kid version of Predator too. Shame I never got a picture of that one.)

Some stragglers from the local 501st Legion:

June14Kodak065.jpg

June14Kodak066.jpg

Galactus

June14Kodak044.jpg

Aww... the kids love him!

June14Kodak068.jpg

Now this is seriously cool...

June14Kodak074.jpg

That's not cosplay. That's a MODOK-shaped house with a guy inside.

STORY TIME! Gather around, children. You'll love this one.

So I am at WW-Dallas with some "friends" of mine (who would much later stab me in the back). This was several years ago, 2004 or something like that. I was on the look out for anything and everything Black Cat related (as usual) and I told my friends to find me a Black Cat, especially a Marvel Select one. They laughed it off, and I knew I was on my own. Then a few hours later, my friend taps me on the shoulder and says "Here, there's your Black Cat" I whirl around and look desperately for Black Cat. Left, nothing. Right, nothing. Then it occurs to me to look down. And there she was. A little girl dressed as my beloved. She smiled at me, waved and said "hi" before returning to her family. I have no idea how my friend convinced her to come over, but it was great. Jeeze, thanks a lot guys. They were all laughing at me. I laughed it up as well. It was funny. :P

wwtblackkitten.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Man I love those 501st guys. They are serious badasses. If I could make a stormtrooper costume that awesome, I swear I'd join up.

And somewhere I have this pic of a girl dressed as Dark Phoenix (Or was it Phoenix... Been a while) and she looked positively AMAZING! Freaking hot too. If I find the pic I'll show you. She looked good.

So I am at WW-Dallas with some "friends" of mine (who would much later stab me in the back). This was several years ago, 2004 or something like that. I was on the look out for anything and everything Black Cat related (as usual) and I told my friends to find me a Black Cat, especially a Marvel Select one. They laughed it off, and I knew I was on my own. Then a few hours later, my friend taps me on the shoulder and says "Here, there's your Black Cat" I whirl around and look desperately for Black Cat. Left, nothing. Right, nothing. Then it occurs to me to look down. And there she was. A little girl dressed as my beloved. She smiled at me, waved and said "hi" before returning to her family. I have no idea how my friend convinced her to come over, but it was great. Jeeze, thanks a lot guys. They were all laughing at me. I laughed it up as well. It was funny. :P

wwtblackkitten.jpg

Cute story, and that Li'l Black Cat is so adorable! And yeah, I'm laughing like hell too. Shame about your "backstabbing" friends though.

wwtblackkitten.jpg

Cute story, and that Li'l Black Cat is so adorable! And yeah, I'm laughing like hell too. Shame about your "backstabbing" friends though.

Well, I didn't realize it til I got a few years on me, but he was never that interested in being friends with me. He was one of those high school jocks who surrounded himself with a posse, and not he was 30+ and still hung out with teenagers. I think he resented me a bit. Either way, a friendship requires active participation, not lip service. I got neither. Ironically, he hooked up with some other internet aquatints of mine and probably convinced them (passively or aggressively, I'll never know) to not show up to a con I was modding even thought they were guests there.

But yeah, I love that story. :) About the Black Kitten. Not the other stuff. :P

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Man I love those 501st guys.

Yeah, lately a patrol stopped over at a local DVD store around.

stormtrooper.jpg

While those troopers looking for the latest Jim carrey movie, they don't realize more and more star systems slip through their fingers.

AND: Dino, that little Black Cat is damn cute!

:D

A few years ago, I was in Indianapolis when they had Star Wars Celebration going on. I parked at a mall near the event and me and one of my boys went and got tickets for the next day and then ate at the food court. It was just plain amazing to see so many jedis and Stormtroopers walking around the mall. My favorite part was walking down the sidewalk in downtown and passing by a couple guys with an R2 unit. You just don't see that kind of stuff everyday. Well, maybe some of you do, but not around here.

I haven't been to a comic convention before, so I haven't seen people dress up much like that before (apart from the odd Halloween or Mardi Gras outfit, of course). But I did go to opening night of Star Trek VI years and years ago, and there were a number of Vulcans, Klingons, etc. in the audience. It kind of freaked me out, actually.

I posted this on the old boards, so I figured I might as well here too for everyone's enjoyment. Check this link out and enjoy. It has some great costumes, and some not so great ones. http://zcultfm.com/~comic/viewtopic.php?t=12386

Here is the best Clone/Storm Trooper I have seen:

DC2003-Sat414.JPG

Here is a cool looking Predator

12.JPG

Witchblade

girogiawitchblade2ln.jpg

Finally, a hot Black Cat Ejoy TM2 Dinobot :D

mimg45391as.jpg

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

last year at WW chicago I saw some disturbing cosplay in the form of a seven foot 300 lbs supergirl (tank top style)

upon walking past this epic sight it was hard not to notice his 5 o'clock shadow. I thank god I didn't have a camera as the mental image alone still haunts me :sick:

as for black cat.... meWOW!