UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Other Paramount Moviemates planned

I would prefer to see something other than Ferris Bueller and Cheech and Chong, but I know that both of those franchises have their hardcore fans, so they might not be a bad idea from a business perspective.

Here is a list of some movies that Paramount has made:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Param..._Pictures_films

Right off the bat I notice:

-Indiana Jones

-Star Trek franchise

-Friday the 13th franchise :buttrock:

-Beverly Hills Cop

-Silver Bullet

-Pretty in Pink

-Top Gun

-Chinatown :buttrock: :buttrock:

-Once Upon a Time in the West :buttrock: :buttrock:

OK. Doesn't Indiana Jones belong to Paramount? And McGuyver?

I don't think that Indy belongs to McGuyver, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by karamazov80

If I was in charge of DST, I would see if I could get the following into Urban Outfitters:

Forrest Gump - Forrest w/box of chocolates & Hippy Jenny

Fatal Attraction - Glen Close w/butcher knife & Michael Douglas

Ferris Bueller - Ferris w/thermometer & Cameron w/ steering wheel

Planes, Trains, Automobiles - Steve Martin & John Candy w/pillow, trunk, and oversized coat

If I was in charge of DST, I would see if I could get the following into Urban Outfitters:

Forrest Gump - Forrest w/box of chocolates & Hippy Jenny

Fatal Attraction - Glen Close w/butcher knife & Michael Douglas

Ferris Bueller - Ferris w/thermometer & Cameron w/ steering wheel

Planes, Trains, Automobiles - Steve Martin & John Candy w/pillow, trunk, and oversized coat

For Ferris they could make a porsche.

And for fatal attraction they could make a pot with a bunny inside :)

Forrest could have a young forrest variant with leg braces.

Planes,Trains & Automobiles :lol: The very thought of that movie just makes me smile & although I'm not sure whether anybody but you & I would buy the Minimates .....I personally would buy "fucking cases". I am only cursing via quotation in context with this clip from the film which although contains ...er..um...bad language, similar to my 'quote' .... which is by far the closest you will ever get to portraying myself or perhaps TBT ...& I'm f**king serious. :yes:

I chose the English/German version from Youtube purely for Bob to enjoy as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3a7ATwS6-A

I also apologise for not strictly adhering to the posting policy of the MMMV & not putting this in the youtube thread. Sorry!

Edited by buttheadsmate

Woohoo, thank you very much, BHM! That's very obliging. :)

I remember that movie, but the German dubbed version isn't by far as, well, offensive as the original version. And therefore not as funny. I mean the funny thing about it is, that Martin uses the word "f*cking" like 30 times. In German he uses many different swear words, which kind of kills the gag and none of these is slightly as tough as "f*ck". It's more like words you could use with your grandparents sitting in the same room. :P

Well, still I don't know if I buy a Martin or Candy mate. But I shoud go and get that movie and (try to) watch it in English.

Edited by Bob Harris

Cheech & Chong would be a cool 2 pack---how else are we gonna get our minimates a bong??? B)---(if they come with "accessories")

I agree! Cheech and Chong mates would rule! Couldn't you just see them getting the rest of your minimate collection high? Hilarious. Hope it happens.

post-85-1234997969_thumb.jpg

Cheech and Chong would rock. If they did a Nice Dreams box set aside from C&C we could get Stacy Keach, Paul (Pee Wee Herman) Rubins, and Timothy Leary How cool would that be?

Forest Gump would be cool too and would go more waves than Cheech and Chong. Lotsa Gumps they could do too. College Forest, Football Forest, Military (Field) Forest, Military (Dress) Forest, Running Forest, Ping Pong Forest and naturally Bus Stop Forest... (Feel like I'm making a list of shrimp dishes)

Friday the 13th would be on my list too. Hockey Mask Jason, Sack Head Jason, Unmasked Bumpy Headed Jason, Momma Voorhees. Chopped up Camper's, Chopped up Cop's...

Looks like a nice haul.

Ferrari no?

Ferrari no?

Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.

Cheech and Chong would rock. If they did a Nice Dreams box set aside from C&C we could get Stacy Keach, Paul (Pee Wee Herman) Rubins, and Timothy Leary How cool would that be?

Forest Gump would be cool too and would go more waves than Cheech and Chong. Lotsa Gumps they could do too. College Forest, Football Forest, Military (Field) Forest, Military (Dress) Forest, Running Forest, Ping Pong Forest and naturally Bus Stop Forest... (Feel like I'm making a list of shrimp dishes)

Friday the 13th would be on my list too. Hockey Mask Jason, Sack Head Jason, Unmasked Bumpy Headed Jason, Momma Voorhees. Chopped up Camper's, Chopped up Cop's...

Looks like a nice haul.

Ferrari no?

DOH!

I stand corrected :(

Looks like a nice haul.

Ferrari no?

DOH!

I stand corrected :(

They could make a variant Battle Damaged Ferrari XD

Of what's been mentioned so far in this thread, I would think the following would be the most successful:

Ferris Bueller

Friday the 13th

Forrest Gump

Cheech & Chong as a 2-pack (not my cup of tea, but whatever)

and maybe Beverly Hills Cop

If anything, this news has made me glad I stopped being a completist. More Minimates is always good, but some of these properties, I just have no interest in. Though I am crossing my fingers for a Ferris box set with Rooney!

Okay, here's some other films I saw from wikipedia that I found interesting for this possibility (*wink wink*)

Ten Commandments

Breakfast At Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Funny Face, Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn Minimate!)

Rosemary's Baby(?!)

Some 60s Tarzan films

Godfather

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory would've been cool, but it's now owned by Warner Brothers :(

Godfather (duh)

70s King Kong

Saturday Night Fever!!! Grease!!! Flashdance!!! Footloose!!!

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (rubbing it in much?!)

Ghost (ooh, pottery wheel accessory! LOL)

Soapdish (okay this is lame, I'm just finding an excuse for another Robert Downey Jr. minimate)

Wayne's World, Coneheads

Lassie

Braveheart (distributor only)

Indecent proposal, Clueless, The Brady Bunch Movie :blink:

Congo

Mission: Impossible

co-producer: Face/Off, the Relic, Escape From L.A., Beavis and Butthead Do America

The Phantom!!!

co-producer: Titanic, Deep Impact, Saving Private Ryan, Private Parts (Howard Stern minimate :sick:)

The Truman Show

Election, that South Park movie, Sleepy Hollow, The Talented Mr. Ripley

Shaft (Hey! Another Samuel L. Jackson mate!)

Edited by NorthRaider

Here's some more (ran out of space in my last post)... THANK GOD we're only thinking in hypothetical terms here!

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (seems unlikely though, in this case the permission rights might defer to the video game company that made her)

Zoolander... HA! HA! HA!

Pootie Tang :wallbash:

Jackass: The Movie

School of Rock

Italian Job (both versions, I think)

The Manchurian Candidate

The Stepford Wives (2004, co-production with DreamWorks)

Team America: World Police.... eep.

Mean Girls

Napoleon Dynamite.

(both original & remake versions as well) War of the Worlds, The Longest Yard

Dreamgirls

Aeon Flux (again, case might be similar to Tomb Raider)

Nacho Libre

Charlotte's Web

Cloverfield

Kung Fu Panda

And... oh wait, we already got Iron Man.

Of what's been mentioned so far in this thread, I would think the following would be the most successful:

Ferris Bueller

Friday the 13th

Forrest Gump

Cheech & Chong as a 2-pack (not my cup of tea, but whatever)

and maybe Beverly Hills Cop

If anything, this news has made me glad I stopped being a completist. More Minimates is always good, but some of these properties, I just have no interest in. Though I am crossing my fingers for a Ferris box set with Rooney!

I'd love those first three, in that order too.

I'd really like a Bueller. Bueller..........Bueller.................Bueller...................

(you knew somebody was gunna say it! :))