UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

THIS pisses me off...

MisterPL

I also loved the DC 'Mates line & the C3 Series contain some of my favourite 'Mates despite the fact that I am not a die-hard DC fan & barely knew many of the characters. I collect kubricks but I certainly 'can't get my head around' bearbricks but there is no denying that they sell in their home-market,Japan & unofficially elsewhere. Cosbabies are again primarily a Japanese market item & I quite like them but I'd agree that they wouldn't be everybody's 'cup of tea', in the same way that I personally cannot 'see' Mighty Muggs but each to their own.

It's well-documented in various other threads why DC Minimates were discontinued but at the risk of opening old wounds I'll conclude by saying if they had sold well they would not have been discontinued.

I don't understand completely why DC Minimates ceased, and I further don't understand how something being released by Warner Brothers, but looks horrible (Spirit) is being released in Minimate form in lieu of something released by Warner Brothers, but looks pretty dang cool, and has a much stronger built-in fan base (Dark Knight/Watchmen). BUT. . .whatever. Instead of being angry about this, I'm kind of excited for what it might mean. Medicom has the Watchmen license, so. . .could Kubricks be far behind :woot: ? Even "Real Action Heroes," despite their flaws, are vastly superior to the DCD 13 inch figures, so even if we don't get 1/6 Hot Toys Watchmen (which would be the best thing 12 inch figure fans could hope for), we might get something a little nicer than the DCD figures coming out soon.

Edited by karamazov80

ahh bearbricks kubrick weird cousin. you know the ones that are related but you don't know how. and when ever they show up to play they always had the knock off toy. you would have gi-joe and they had the major CORPS. you had lego and they had mega blocks. never understood the appeal.

If they don't end up making Watchmen minimates this year I will make a full set of Watchmen decals and post them on the Factory. We can't have Bearbricks be the only Watchmen mini-figures. ;)

while having watchmen minimates, would make me very very happy... I think about Allan Moore, looking at all of the promotional items, specifically the bearbricks and getting sick to his stomach...this was exactly what he never wanted watchmen to be...and now it might as well be the spiderman...

Edited by murderofcrows

If it's any consolation, I'm hearing rumors that FOX is going to kill the Watchman movie to spite the face of Warner Brothers. At a minimum it will push the release date.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/movies/n...ate_in_jeopardy

DC Direct and Warner Brothers will be sitting on a pile of un-sellable merchandise. Alternatively, maybe Diamond Select can negotiate Watchman Minimates license with FOX now.

All I really want is someone to come up with some Clockwork Orange kubricks or Minimates....... so check out the latest 'offering' available ............post-638-1230587424_thumb.jpg

.....I doubt that anybody is more pissed off than me about who gets what licence :angry: What the hell.... ??????

Edited by buttheadsmate

All I really want is someone to come up with some Clockwork Orange kubricks or Minimates....... so check out the latest 'offering' available ............post-638-1230587424_thumb.jpg

.....I doubt that anybody is more pissed off than me about who gets what licence :angry: What the hell.... ??????

BHM, i would buy a big orange with arms and a 'Z.' no, i'd buy two. You'd find the other in the mail a few weeks later...;)

Seriously, this has to be the worst thing to do. Why Watch BEARbricks?! At least do actual Kubricks if you wanna ruin the movie; they'll still look like the characters. DST needs to pick up where DCD failed and let off, because Watchment minimates are too good to be passed up at this point. Looks like Watchmen movie merch. is getting desperate...

BHM, i would buy a big orange with arms and a 'Z.' no, i'd buy two. You'd find the other in the mail a few weeks later...;)

That "big" orange is actually an Egg :lol:

And having Watchmen/A Clockwork Orange in other messed-up forms BEFORE Minimates pisses me off too.

Honestly, we're getting a Rorschach face slapped on a cutesified spin-off (Bearbricks) of another product (Kubricks) rather than in a similar scale with better attention to detail (Minimates). Like, WTH?

while having watchmen minimates, would make me very very happy... I think about Allan Moore, looking at all of the promotional items, specifically the bearbricks and getting sick to his stomach...this was exactly what he never wanted watchmen to be...and now it might as well be the spiderman...

I agree. Knowing this though, should we STILL want watchmen minimates?

Edited by NorthRaider

Yes.

He may not like it, but Watchmen is now bigger than Alan Moore.

Honestly, we're getting a Rorschach face slapped on a cutesified spin-off (Bearbricks) of another product (Kubricks) rather than in a similar scale with better attention to detail (Minimates). Like, WTH?

I HATE "cutesified" toys :angry:

Only the gritty realism of Minimates for me, thank you.

Edited by karamazov80

I've never quite understood the "bear brick" appeal either. Quite often, there are great licenses and ideas that IMHO are unrelated/incompatible and yet merged with this ridiculous collectible. I like and can appreciate kitschy-nonsense, but these are just mind-numbingly stupid.

Here's my personal current "this pisses me off" product: http://hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=74&pid=408

While not as intolerable as Bearbricks, these still make me wish they were true action figures ala "snap-kits" or at least Minimates, and therefore...piss-me-off! HotToys, thank-you for teasing me with one of my all-time favorite titles, in the form of a product that I have no intention of buying (you're premium line is quite nice though, but $$$hee$h!!). I just want to scoop those doey-eyes out with a melon-baller after piercing each retina with a soldering-iron. RRRaaaghhh, Cosbabies (and all similar super-cutsy, super-deformed, super-stupid shit) are the bane of existence. Muppet baby generation I point the gun barrel of blame at you!!!

Edited by cdubya

Yes.

He may not like it, but Watchmen is now bigger than Alan Moore.

His ego annoys me...He's a modern day Steve Ditko. You don't have to be an ass just because you've received critical acclaim.

The man's a hack, pure and simple. I'm glad Minimates are clogged up with the over rated hype that is Watchmen. That book was just BORING. (yes, I did finish it)

The man's a hack, pure and simple. I'm glad Minimates are clogged up with the over rated hype that is Watchmen. That book was just BORING. (yes, I did finish it)

Alan Moore is a hack. . .well, I know someone whose opinion I will now never take into account re: comics :)

Alan Moore is a hack. . .well, I know someone whose opinion I will now never take into account re: comics :)

Hey, I've TRIED to like him. I read Watchmen, V, Manthing (or was it swamp thing?), his bout with superman. There is just nothing there. And when everyone RAVES about how much they'd be honored to be screwed up the bunghole by him, and how his is the god of comics... I just have to scratch my head and say "you people are nuts" because honestly, his writing is so... uneventful. 'omg. a black and white crazy dude talking about how he won't save a world asking for help. ooh'. He was like... emo before emo was popular. Alan Moore is like british pre-emo.

Not trying to pick a fight. That's just where i stand. I'll take Kirkman or Bendis any day over Moore.

I'll come clean & say that I read the Watchmen series when it was initially published . I have these stored amongst many ,many other comics & to be honest I am in no hurry to find them lest it to be to put them on ebay where they appear to be making quite astonishing sums of money. It was a 'good read ',no more no less IMO . Back then I read far more comics than I do now & when I look back at some contemporary stuff Watchmen didn't shine for me. Having said all that I'd still like to see some Watchmen Minimates but I reckon I'll see the kubricks first!