UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Slythe's "Gallery"

Now here's a blast from the past, welcome back slythe!

Hope life has been treating you well?

Some awesome detailing going on with these new mates... I have to agree thundercats do look pretty cool as minimates :)

T.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very cool... Thundercats look awesome as minimates

any chance you can re-host your old stuff... for those of us that missed it first time around!

Yeah, I'll get around to getting the images updated in a week or so, it's been kind of fun looking at custom images from years ago.

Now here's a blast from the past, welcome back slythe!

Hope life has been treating you well?

Some awesome detailing going on with these new mates... I have to agree thundercats do look pretty cool as minimates :)

T.

Yeah, life has been good. I moved around the coast a little bit, got engaged, just had a beautiful baby girl two months ago, so pretty good. When I was putting some Disney dvds on a bookshelf she won't be using for years, I found the Thundercats minis wrapped up in the box, so I decided to dust 'em off and finish the two villains.

Also, as a sidenote, I can't get enough minimates from the 80s, and I'm bummed the BHC ones never panned out. Ghostbusters is one of my top (if not favorite) franchises of all time. I've gotten all the GB ones so far, and I'm hoping they'll keep pumping them out. I'll buy anyone they make - Reginal Vel Johson cop from 5 second cameo in the first movie? Yes please!

Here's a slightly modified proton pack, obviously I'm working on a REAL big project right now......

protonpack.jpg

Meh....I've been waiting around for some miniMates I've ordered online to come in (they have crucial parts needed to make ghosts and Janine) and it feels like it's taking fooooorever. So, here's a quick-pic of the Real Ghostbusters in the meantime, they basically repaints with very little modding. I've had them done for about a month, and wanted to wait to show them until I had the ghosts completed, but .......I'm not?

rgbfirst.jpg

Also, any ghosts anyone remembers as iconic from the show? I've got Samhain done, Egon's worst fear, most of a child-tempter, and parts of some bizarro-villains, and I was just wondering if I was not thinking of anyone obvious/"necessary".

There was the Boogeyman but I don't think he would be do-able in minimate form.

He is feasible, but he just looks insane without a nose (plus the fact that he's cobbled together like no other miniMate before doesn't help).

Thanks for the links jcastick, but I meant more so of the top of anyone's head. I have the all the episodes on DVD, and I'm familiar with a lot of the ghosts, I was just curious if there were any from the perspective of a casual fan/ non-fan that really stuck out. Like if someone was like "Hey, the bird of Kildarby would make a great miniMate!" I could say ok, that wouldn't work, but great idea! Also, I would really like to make the random ghosts from the end of the cartoon intro/that were used on random products (the ones from the first link you sent jcastick), but I really can't envision them in miniMate form, they are too crazy. Anyway, enough of my jabber; here's Samhain and the Grundel.

samhaingrundel.jpg

More ghosts "soon"........

Also, also, updated a few more links at the start of this thread in my first post!

Edited by Slythe

No love for Samhain or Grundel, eh? Maybe the Boogeyman? (Or Boogieman if you prefer)

boogiemate.jpg

So this monster has an original size miniMate head (Bark at the Moon Ozzy) with the hole filled in so it fits properly. The feet are sliced to be hooves, and the legs are made from two sets, so they are double jointed and satyr like. Crazy mini-technology at it's finest.

wow, really nice work... these are all so vibrant and unique, a few more and a group shot will look incredible!

oh, you still taking ideas/requests? when you first mentioned any monsters that others remember, etc.... well, i've had Drool the dog-faced goblin stuck in my head since i were a kid. that and Calarami, from the Cabinet of... but he's not particularly interesting looking.

your mates have prompted me to try and get hold of the cartoons and re-watch from the beginning

wow, really nice work... these are all so vibrant and unique, a few more and a group shot will look incredible!

oh, you still taking ideas/requests? when you first mentioned any monsters that others remember, etc.... well, i've had Drool the dog-faced goblin stuck in my head since i were a kid. that and Calarami, from the Cabinet of... but he's not particularly interesting looking.

your mates have prompted me to try and get hold of the cartoons and re-watch from the beginning

If Terror Dogs weren't so hard to get on the cheap, Drool would be a possibility. Calamari is on the list right next to guy from Ragnarok+Roll, easy to do but kind of plain. I'm working on Ghash/Mr. Ugly, and I'm trying to find super small water bottle-like objects that could be used as miniMate backpacks, because if I can't find anything like that, then I'm going to scrap three that I'm working on. I'm hoping to pick up some custom fodder for cheap at Wizard World this weekend.

That Boogieman is awesome! One suggestion though, you might want to fill in the holes in the first set of legs where feet should go.

BS

Yeah, I really should've done that before finishing the legs, I'm kind of scared that I'll mess up the joints if I apply anymore heat. It's no noticeable in person, I just took a bunch of pics from a lower angle since that's the only way I can get acceptable lighting in my house.

Also, random bonus pic, here's a painting I did of the Boogeyman yesterday. I didn't look at anything for reference, which is probably why he doesn't have a tie or pointed nose.

boogiemanpaint.jpg

Very impressive Boogeyman - that's some serious engineering work on his legs. Very nice. How do he compare height-wise to another Minimate?

And nice job with the Grundel & Samhain as well. Really like how Samhain's pumpkin head turned out - well-sculped and the right amount of details for his face.

• 5 months later...

So, another update way after the last post in this thread....and it's not even necessarily a good one...unless you like things that are awesome. So here's Janine Melnitz and Slimer, to go with the rest of the completed Real Ghostbusters.

janineslimermates.jpg

Blurry group shot in front of custom RGB 6 inch figures:

rgbmateswide.jpg

And a miniMate based on the coolest Michael J. Fox film that wasn't about time travel; I give you the Boy From The Future...er, Teen Wolf:

teenwolfminimatemontage.jpg

As usual, my picture taking isn't the greatest. Teen Wolf has darker tan detailing on his face that's barely showing up. The basketball is detachable, I made it basically like a bowling ball. A miniature, orange, sculpted bowling ball.

Edited by Slythe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...