UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, Kang's already had three minimates, but their designs displeased him so he retroactively removed them from history.

Thanks for the information about the announcement that may or may not have anything to do with what we are discussing here.

Speaking of which, Zach, will this be a multi-figure announcement this Wed. or just the silhouetted figure?

If this becomes an "Avengers #23" boxed set, I'm gonna go ape. I doubt it, but still... !

Turning up the brightness doesn't seem to help. It's like there's a black rectangle covering the face and chest details.

Still, I can see an upper arm braclet and what looks to be a compound bow rather than the regular one.

If this becomes an "Avengers #23" boxed set, I'm gonna go ape. I doubt it, but still... !

I would not be surprised to see a green costume Quicksilver and Cap tomorrow as well.

Green costume Quicksilver is an absolute YES... and while I understand the need to include another Cap (*sigh*), I really hope it'd be an updated Scarlet Witch instead.

Ah well... I HAVE KANG COMING. ALL OTHER COMPLAINTS ARE NULL AND VOID. :biggrin:

Guys! Guys! General Pictures Thread!

Zach just said this should be out within a few weeks. Not confirmed it, just he thought it was.

Sorry. Out of breath. Ran here as fast as I could.

(And by "just" i mean almost 20 minutes ago. Lay off, I hate running)

Edited by The Geohound

Yep, looks like this image might have been photoshop sleuthing-proofed... it's a consistent color value across the entire front area of his torso and face, which is extremely unlikely to occur in an unretouched photo.

I wonder if it will be the neo-modern costume or a redo of the classic one? Compound bow would seem to suggest the former, but I know lots of people would like them to take another swing at the classic.

I'd make sure my monkey suit was clean and ready to go there, MM. Just a hunch.

I would not be surprised to see a green costume Quicksilver and Cap tomorrow as well.

If the set is Av v1#23, then green Pietro is a given... a nice given, but still. The test will be in slot #4. Does DST think Hawkeye, and the much anticipated Kang, are strong enough to carry the set even if it's specialty retail, or will they need a "proven A-lister" like Captain America to help move it off the shelves? And does Marvel making the annoucment mean have baring on where it will be sold? Guess we'll all find out tomorrow.

And I need to scrape together about $20 quickly...

I'd make sure my monkey suit was clean and ready to go there, MM. Just a hunch.

I hoped, pleaded, and asked for that exact set in a wish-list somewhere along the way. I know I did. So if it actually happens, I'm gonna feel super stoked that I "called" it... and hope that'll give me enough good karma to mooch (and pay) for one offa somebody else if it's somewhere I can't immediately get one from.

If the set is Av v1#23, then green Pietro is a given... a nice given, but still. The test will be in slot #4. Does DST think Hawkeye, and the much anticipated Kang, are strong enough to carry the set even if it's specialty retail, or will they need a "proven A-lister" like Captain America to help move it off the shelves? And does Marvel making the annoucment mean have baring on where it will be sold? Guess we'll all find out tomorrow.

And I need to scrape together about $20 quickly...

I really hope it's a new Wanda, but even a "Kirby Cap" could be a pleasant "necessary evil" figure. Think 1st Appearance Thor in terms of style and quality.

I really hope it's a new Wanda, but even a "Kirby Cap" could be a pleasant "necessary evil" figure. Think 1st Appearance Thor in terms of style and quality.

That is the question - will the set have characters that are a "safe bet" like Cap, or will they go with story- driven characters? Considering we got a Jean DeWolfe this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Scarlet Witch. And if she doesn't make it this time, she's a shoo-in for the Avengers vs. X-Men waves that Zach hints about.

And a First Appearance / Kirby Cap, done as well as First Appearance Thor, would be pretty cool. And would complete the Avengers box we got from years ago.