UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

I thought Franklin Richards has been breaking that rule in FF? Didn't

his future self in the 616 timeline travel back to the current moment to tell himself how to use his powers to beat the celestials?

Maybe. Or did he create make his native time an alternate timeline by the act of coming into the past? Remember we only "watch" the 616 and what happens on this version of Marvel Earth, anyone one coming back in time to the 616 is coming back from an alternate furture Earth to the 616. 99% of the time this is how it works... until it they decide to ignore their own rules for the sake of the story they are trying to tell. We'll have to see which this proves to be.

Right, but at some point,

the current 616 Franklin is going to become the future Franklin that comes back to tell himself stuff

. I thought it was the timeline that was visited that becomes the alternate timeline – otherwise, logically, how would the future timeline have become "alternate" from the present one AAAHHH MY BRAIN

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is an illusion. Traveling through time is really traveling through space-time. With enough gravity you can bend and warp space-time, and perhaps even rip a hole in it with a black hole to make a wormhole. Kang has likely mastered control of gravity.

Particles at the quantum level exist in multiple places at the exact same time until observed. They also pop in an out of existence, and can become entangled to allow the transmission of information faster than the speed of light. Kang has likely mastered quantum entanglement and particle physics.

You can't understand Kang. Only he can understand you.

Compulsively.

I was bummed because it's Friday today & i figured i'd now have to wait till next week for the reveal. But then i remembered that it's probably still Thursday there, and i might still get to see the reveal this weekend :)

Compulsively.

I was bummed because it's Friday today & i figured i'd now have to wait till next week for the reveal. But then i remembered that it's probably still Thursday there, and i might still get to see the reveal this weekend :)

Just now spotted the blurb under your avatar. You sneaky!

But hey, at least you got your Mr. Sinister already! :)

I like the way they explained time travel in the Kang/Kid Avengers arc of the heroic age Avengers, the idea that time is a living thing so anything happening one place in time is happening everywhere, there for, if someone is messing with time (namely Kang) at one point, it will affect all of time and not just the era he is in, and the way you travel through it is as you would any other plane....i confused myself there but when i read it in the comic it makes perfect sense to me :P

They. Are. Late.

We are not amused.

I'm gonna whiz in the punch bowl now...

(Please know that I'm mostly just kidding around here, so don't rip my head off, lol)

Now that it's coming to an end, I have to say, I never really got behind the whole Kang thing...

Throughout most of the Kang campaign, I was more behind fighting the Jubilee campaign, which started around the same time...

There are videos on youtube from C2E2's minimate panel two years ago, back when they both weren't made, where I ask Chuck about Jubilee, and his answer is, "Are you sure you don't want Kang" and you can't see me in the video... but I swear my face turned into this guy and I was all...

Angry_face_meme.png

"Bitch, I said Jubilee!"

lol...

BUT... though Jubilee started around the same time, she ended earlier (a couple years earlier even) So once Jubilee finally came, I just kinda sat back and let the Kang people roll onward, since I'd gotten my figure, and it was now someone elses turn, lol...

But yeah... I'll never say no to a new character, but *Shrug* He was never one that was on that list in my sig. I'm an X-Men guy.

And what bugs me about these minimate campaigns... is it's always just SOMEONE else... lol... I remember before Kang and Jubilee were the Thor campaign (that's a really old one now, but it existed once), the Hawkeye campaign, the Deadpool campaign... and maybe some smaller movements I'm forgetting now...

The silver lining I'll note for the Kang people, is once the ice gets broken... it seems to lead to more minimates for the character. Thor has tons. Deadpool a decent handful. Hawkeye a few. Even Jubilee has 2 now. So I could easily see more Kangs, if this one isn't your favorite...

Anyway... the buzz in the air seems to be around Falcon for the next big thing, in a post Kang world...

I'll let Falcon slide... since you Avengers people had to wait extra long for Kang... and we got Deadpool and Jubilee before that... but once Falcon is out, it's the X-Men people's turn again. I'm calling it here and now.

I think I'm making Toad my next poster-boy (pun-intended) not because he's my favorite character... but for what he represents... he's that X-Men character that's always been on the backburner, but never QUITE made it...

He's sitting back with Blob, Pyro, Avalanche and others going, "WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN!"

Toad has waited far too long! *Shakes Fist*

Classic Brotherhood for 2016! You heard it here first!

In fact, I'm changing my sig right now... since it worked so well for getting Kang out there, lol...

That's where my backing will be once Falcon is out of the way. And Toad shall be my mascot.

(You guys could even benefit from a Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver update in that scenario. See that's win/win. Just food for thought.)

Edited by Gillbob316

They. Are. Late.

We are not amused.

Oh, the irony. Kang's late. Because he's a time traveller. Late. Time travel. Oh, never mind.

I'm a charter member of the Kang Kadre, but I've always thought that his status as most-wanted 'mate was a little silly. I'm not quite sure how all of us got on the Kang bandwagon... but, then again, I'm not quite sure how it's taken so, so long to get Kang made. He's certainly more then deserving. But we all know that.

Anyway, once he's officially announced, I'll be retiring my Minikang Multiverse skin.

I've been waiting with bated breath for the Marvel.com announcement; oddly enough, the site isn't loading properly right now so I'm going to blame Hot Toys Cap from Avengers for hogging all the attention. At least a hint about the release being a retailer 4-pack or a con one would be a nice way to relieve the pre-Avengers movie 'mate release tension.

Gillbob, Toad got promoted to a semi-recurring character in Wolverine and the X-men recently so he's got a slightly higher profile now that he's the janitor at the Jean Grey institute. Well, as high a profile as a sight gag can get you, I guess. His look hasn't stayed consistent between appearances though

2060347-toad_2232.jpg

2121940-toad_going_with_wolverine_x_men_regenesis.jpg

Personally, I think a pair of boxsets with the classic Brotherhood and Mystique's 2.0 version from DoFP would be great; we got it with the Dark Avengers three years ago and AoA last year so it isn't unheard of.

It's kind of weird to think about Kang finally being made after all these years of asking; the character is the best example of a meme in the minimates community as the campaign's probably been around for at least a third of the line's existence. I've got more memories of reading Kang posts than I do of Deadpool!

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

I'm a charter member of the Kang Kadre, but I've always thought that his status as most-wanted 'mate was a little silly. I'm not quite sure how all of us got on the Kang bandwagon...

I don't know how big that Kangwagon is really. I'm not saying it was a Lee Burns situation or anything, but going back over the posts in this thread and considering the quieter than expected response to Kang's pre-announcement, it seems like there's a handful of hardcore Kangpaigners on the board -- and a lot more people having fun with (or being driven nuts by :tongue:) the meme. Having said that, he's a new character, a villain, and most of at least know his name, so I figure the majority of us less-interested collectors will still be happy to add him to the shelf at the end of the day.

Well I know some of the low key reaction is it hasn't been really officially announced yet. I mean, we know, but we don't officially know, so we play it cool. But yes, I'll agree with the "handful of hardcore Kangpaingers - and a lot more people having fun" assessment.

It's just a thing that took on a life of its own. It's funny, when I first got seriously into Minimates (around the time DC started) I made the obligatory top ten lists, and Kang was at the top of my Marvel villains list, because I like Kang. Kurt Busiek really showed the potential for the character. Anyway, I had no idea that anyone else felt that way... but here we are. For me, I'm not going to rejoice, because, frankly, there's no good reason that it's taken this long.

Well I know some of the low key reaction is it hasn't been really officially announced yet. I mean, we know, but we don't officially know, so we play it cool. But yes, I'll agree with the "handful of hardcore Kangpaingers - and a lot more people having fun" assessment.

Also, some of us have had a busy week and just haven't had the time or energy to process this. But yeah, once the official announcement comes, I'll be more excited. Because Kang rules. And I'm old school. Aside from being an awesome character, Kang was in the Secret War toy line, and nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Did they make an announcement on him finally? Sure hope so, one of my favorite villains in the MU.

Did they make an announcement on him finally? Sure hope so, one of my favorite villains in the MU.

Officially, no. Unofficially our confidential informant Mr. Oat posted this picture in a thread on the board a few days ago

seekrit.jpg

The "Official" reveal is supposed to come from Marvel.com aaaaany day now.

(and yes, I have a deep and abiding love of my keyboard, thanks for asking. :thumbsup: )