UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

awesome collections everyone!!!

here's mine. BTW i need to get some riser (clear ones.... ) can anybody help? and also i need something to hold 'em in place while on that risers... any idea guys?

here's my IM Armoury so far (2/8/09)...

IMG_2705.jpg

with tony

Imswithtony.jpg

Mr. stane and his Mongers

Mongerswithstane.jpg

Cast and Versions of Mr. Stark

castandversions.jpg

TFL! B)

other minimate stuff

alltogethernow.jpg

updating 1/25/2009...

another armour...

Iron man 2020

cus-ironman-2020.jpg

and an updated HB IM... new helmet

cus-hb-update.jpg

Additions 1/28/09

post-2828-1233116563_thumb.jpg

post-2828-1233116644_thumb.jpg

view my other collections here...

http://ptk.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=7465#7465

and here

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=658516#p658516

TFL!

Edited by mabait1020

Cool stuff, particularly the custom Iron Men. I also see that you army built some Super Skrulls. I don't know if you are familiar, but a forthcoming wave will have "regular" Skrulls packed with the variant pack. As such, if I were you, I might consider trading some of your super-valuable Super Skrulls while the getting is good!

I finally got all of my stuff up. I built the shelf myself, and it could still use a bot of touching up, but it's good for now.

post-2133-1230095208_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095134_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095144_thumb.jpg

Wow, your display looks great, and I absolutely LOVE the Dr Horrible customs! Very cool customs all around.

I particularly dig the Elongated Man, Sue Dibny, Black Canary, Atom and Plastic Man ones.

• 2 weeks later...

As my wife would say, it looks like a Toys R Us threw up.

Of course, I've heard this because my mates are kept in a plastic tub right now that gets dumped out regularly to find stuff. Here's hoping we move into a bigger place this year so I can finally display my stuff. It's so hard to justify collecting toys when they go straight from a package into storage containers. :(

Of course, I've heard this because my mates are kept in a plastic tub right now that gets dumped out regularly to find stuff. Here's hoping we move into a bigger place this year so I can finally display my stuff. It's so hard to justify collecting toys when they go straight from a package into storage containers. :(

I don't even take them out of the packaging I just put them right into storage. I'll open them someday ;)

Here's my collection:

Stored in a big cloth lined basket. Tried having the seperated and sorted in drawers. Tried having them all together and lined up. meh. Make them easier to play with.

How do you make heads or tails of that? It has the appearance of a box of fodder.

I wish my organization skills were better, so that I didn't have to hunt so much for stuff. I'm sending a board member some stuff later in the week, and I spent 30 minutes looking through boxes upon boxes filled with multiple gallon zip-lock bags with smaller zip-lock bags inside them, and I'm still missing one bastard that has been eluding me for months. I'll have to hunt some more later tonight :(

I don't even take them out of the packaging I just put them right into storage. I'll open them someday ;)

Ok, THAT'S discusting! It's a friggin toy, and toys need to be played with! God, you're worse than the Star Wars nerds...

Personally, I open just about everything I get, but there is a certain element of OCD to collecting. From this, it isn't a huge step to go from picking up a couple figures that you like to collecting all figures in a line, or keeping figures unopened until the end of time. There are a lot of Joe collectors, I know, who don't open any of their figures. To each their own.

Eh, I can relate to both side. Most of my collection is open, because I wan to play with them. Just yesterday I was sitting on my floor making "woosh zing pow" sounds as I played with them. I don't open Star Wars though, for a very simple reason. The figures suck. I get much more pleasure just looking at them then I ever would get playing with those non-articulated pieces of crap. I also keep a full wave of BSG sealed, just because the packaging is so beautiful. XD

Thank you TM2; I thought I was the only crazy person still playing with my toys; now only if we could get some Ultimates mates I would never leave my house; lol completely kidding;

[/quote

see im the kind of person who cant leave my figures in the box. i bought one of those wwe micro agression wrestling rings and stell cages, and the minimates fit so perfect in there so i set my figures up according in my mood... haha and by the way im hoping in the near future to set up comic style wrestling match between my custom green lanters and my pack of spidermen in a tables latters and chairs steel cage match