UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

nice looking collection there. That Toad looks great did you paint that up or is it a QC?

don't think I did any painting on him, its...

Nova hairpiece

Viggo head

a T2 Arnie torso and crotch

... I think the arms and legs are from the orange BSG guys, just with the details painted over. The pixie boots just painted the same colour as the torso and crotch

so, a little painting, but not any serious!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my new display stands arrived, and it turns out taking everything down, before putting it all back up... takes a little longer than I'd have liked.

here is the DC side I've sorted so far...

2011-12-14125933.jpg

Lanterns and JSA

2011-12-14130116.jpg

Batman & Superman supporting cast

2011-12-14130157.jpg

Batman villains

2011-12-14130232.jpg

Edited by dj87

• 3 weeks later...

nice looking collection there. That Toad looks great did you paint that up or is it a QC?

don't think I did any painting on him, its...

Nova hairpiece

Viggo head

a T2 Arnie torso and crotch

... I think the arms and legs are from the orange BSG guys, just with the details painted over. The pixie boots just painted the same colour as the torso and crotch

so, a little painting, but not any serious!

Wowzers :lol:

That is a really nice display you have, on those clear display stands have you blu-takked the feet down for the Minimates? When i get a bit more numbers up in my collection i intend to do something similar, but instead i'm lego building a display case instead of standalone plastic.

I've not designed it fully yet, or decided on colours and themes or even how i'm going to organise them, but i do like your display, those figures are awesome. I've been trying to focus on DC related villains and marvel heroes that i always wanted.

:)

Regarding my idea on a Minimate Lego Display shelf, i'm sat around waiting for my bricklink orders to be completed (mostly waiting on the mailman really) :lol: and i got thinking about a design that i think would be really cool and fairly easy process to do.

6668828131_a1bcc85856_o.jpg

As with all my models it starts on LDD. The bricks used here are glass and just standard bricks, theres no complicatory hinges or anything so the cost i don't think would run so high. The housing unit seen here would hold 1 minimate figure, its details:

Width: 8studs

Depth: 3studs

Height: 9studs

So what you could do would build these in sections, for DC, Marvels and Customs, either onto an existing longer brick or baseplate or as part of an inner room or something. I think they would look amazing like this. :biggrin:

I've got many other projects to come before this of course, my priority right now is completing my second order with buttheadsmate through here and obviously the batcave i want to get past the preliminary stages :whistling:

I just thought i'd post up again and show you what i was referring to earlier.

Rich

Ok so rather than clog this with all the pictures of my new setup of all my toys in my new house just click here and go to my blog and check it out! Getting all this set up in the last two weeks after moving in was like having a zillion Christmases as I unpacked all of my great stuff. Setting up the minimates was not as bad as I thought it would be as I didn't have any domino fall overs which was awesome! ENJOY!

Don't worry too much about clogging up a collection pictures thread with pictures of your collection!

:lol: what dj87 said, when i get mine up and running properly on display i'll be contributing :biggrin:

IMG_1777.jpg

Has anyone here put black lego plates on these tiered shelves? If so, I'm just curious how they look. I really like these display cases!

Awesome display, they look nice like that. I could probably do a picture as I have plenty of Black lego bricks & plates to make a stand display.

Something like this?

6714686663_35fcb40e52_z.jpg

:)

Edited by Urban Saboteur

IMG_1777.jpg

Has anyone here put black lego plates on these tiered shelves? If so, I'm just curious how they look. I really like these display cases!

Yes, I had a few displays setup with the black plate, it looked really nice. Don't have any pix to share at the moment, maybe I can get some tonight.

Any pics you could show would be appreciated. I'm thinking that these display cases along with the black lego baseplates might be the way to go for my small but growing display.

wow garrison, wish I have those cyclops, jean grey, storm, iceman and Captain america. There just as I need. hehehe! nice display anyway. :blush:

here are my x-men:

x.jpg

x-men-2-1.jpg

Thanks intot, but I can't take credit for the minimates in this display. This picture is from Lukes Toy Store for the display cases. The mates inside the case, I'm assuming, are Luke's.

Awesome shelf display!

I really like it, plenty of those mates that i don't have yet, but given enough time :whistling:

Who is that next to Ms.Marvel?

Who is that next to Thor?

Thanks guys. Those shelves came from Ikea. There is a glass panel that slides in from the top which is great because it prevents shelf diving. I didnt put it in because there would be too much reflection from the flash. Sadly, theyve been discontinued for a few years now. I wish I would have gotten more while they were available. I had to pack up all my DC Minimates to make more roome for the Marvel stuff. I have five of those Container Store displays for individual characters. Ill try to up them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have a short video up soon showing these figures in my collection, for the time being here is a picture, I took it this morning.

6852455615_46223746e3_b.jpg

And Video here: Minimate collection so far

Edited by Urban Saboteur

very cool pic Rich, love the way I had to expand my window to see the whole thing :tongue:

impressive that you've managed to track down the likes of Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Hal already. Who are the obvious holes in your collection, as far as you're concerned?

very cool pic Rich, love the way I had to expand my window to see the whole thing :tongue:

impressive that you've managed to track down the likes of Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Hal already. Who are the obvious holes in your collection, as far as you're concerned?

I just added a link above to a 50 or so second video i shot this morning, it is really dark in the living room but lighter than my bedroom, that was actually taken in the morning so it's as bright as i can get it for now. :lol:

Erm.. good question, obvious ones are Nightcrawler & Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Apocalypse, Doctor Octopus, Blade, Punisher & Bullseye, Classic Green Goblin, Juggernaut, Kingpin, Moon Knight & Taskmater. :unsure:

Then I guess from DC I'd want Killer Croc, Clayface, Aquaman, Nightwing, Powergirl & Shazam.

I've got now pretty much what i wanted in the Darkstalkers/Street Fighter releases,(Pink chunners is on the way) the rest is from MvC and those arent released until end of this month and i have them on Pre-Order :)

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got my Vallvik from IKEA up and took some quick pictures of it, but first I wanted to show you how I changed up my entertainment center.

Every figure from the 616 Marvel Universe that has been produced is represented one time on my entertainment center (with army builders in the rear).

The rest of the Marvel minimates that have ever been produced including the Marvel Movie mates are on my Vallvik (except for the Gold & Silver Spider-Man Exclusives).

post-2109-0-88828700-1330141553_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-09651200-1330141641_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-41121200-1330141681_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-36405200-1330141793_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-67913700-1330141819_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-67391100-1330142116_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-87769000-1330142140_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-55098800-1330142169_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-04653000-1330142198_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-14290900-1330142224_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-98171400-1330142248_thumb.jp

Edited by mtd20_2000