UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Upcoming Movies

Cant seem to find an up coming movie thread for say something that may not have been heard of by other members.

I'm not talking stuff like Thor or Green Lantern but maybe there is a film thats may appeal to the rest of us geeks and nerds that would otherwise slip by.

I'll start with this one. Priest,

aimed at a Mid may release. http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15696

Next year there is a movie called Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters. I don't know much about this as yet but if its like The Brothers Grimm movie from awhile ago it will be passable.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not all that aware of what's in the pipeline, but Thor is one I wanna see for sure (probably on the DVD). And Captain America of course. That Priest trailer doesn't do much for me personally.

so many good movies this year but the only thing im planning on seeing in theaters is the marvel onslaught (thor, captain america, xmen first class, spiderman) and ofcourse green lantern....and i guess i should see cowboys vs aliens since im a jon faverau fan

My wife and I just had the discussion of what movies do we we want to see in the theaters between now and the end of the summer. This was our list.

Thor

Captain America

X-men First Class

Green Lantern

Pirates 4

Super 8

Cowboys and Aliens

and Harry Potter

Of the non super hero movies I am most excited for Super 8

so many good movies this year but the only thing im planning on seeing in theaters is the marvel onslaught (thor, captain america, xmen first class, spiderman) and ofcourse green lantern....and i guess i should see cowboys vs aliens since im a jon faverau fan

Not a Potthead then? I'm personally really excited about Deathly Hallows 2 simply because... well this is gonna be insane.

Not a Potthead then? I'm personally really excited about Deathly Hallows 2 simply because... well this is gonna be insane.

i do love harry potter (films and books) but i never actually finished the 7th book (purposely)so i may try and finish it before i see the film, anyway i also have to add super 8 and pirates 4 to my list

^^ Nah, you don't ;)

Is it that bad? :P

It definitely isn't as good as Scream 1+2. It tries too hard to make fun of Hollywood, and Neve Campbell isn't in it as much.

I am excited for Scream 4, Captain America, Harry Potter, X-Men, Green Lantern, The Hangover II, and Thor (kind of in that order).

ad much as I hate to say it. I think Thor is going to bomb.

I just don't think asgard will relate to outside of comic fans.

and I have seen some Kenneth Braughnah (sp) and he sucks as a director.

I mean I love the avengers comics and cartoons and out of all the superhero movies this summer. this is the one I would if I had to cut one. for comics I hope I am wrong. but I don't think I will be.

moc847

MOC, I think I'm going to disagree with you about Thor. I, personally, can't stand the Asgard/mythological side of Marvel, yet can't wait to see Thor. It looks to me that they've found a good balance between Asgard and real world stuff to make it appealling. Had it been the old-school Thor stories I think it would suck, but with so many movies taking place in otherworldly realms nowadays I think this will be a big start to the summer comic movies. If anything will fail, I think it'll be X-Men. I think it'll be an okay movie, but it doesn't really have the same wowness as Marvel Studios films seem to have now.

And for the record, no one has mentioned the movie that will sure to be the biggest summer blockbuster-The Smurfs. It doesn't come out for a few more months, but I think I'm going to go get in line for it next week just to make sure I see it.

Edited by groundhog7s

^LOL Yes, I expect Smurfs to be Academy Award-quality fare on par with the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies.

Thor is hard to gauge for me. He's such a different kind of superhero, and folks in general aren't very familiar with him, that I just can't speculate too much. The Branagh stuff I'm previously familiar with are Shakespeare stories, and I think he did a decent enough job, though I'm not sure if that's a good measure of how he handles a comic book hero.

• 2 weeks later...

So I literally just got to see a few pics and character designs from the upcoming Transformers movie and all I can say is...I can't really say much at all. I will mention what i liked most is that they all looked pretty trashed and aren't real shiny any more and I get the feeling that the movie is going to get pretty gritty.

So I literally just got to see a few pics and character designs from the upcoming Transformers movie and all I can say is...I can't really say much at all. I will mention what i liked most is that they all looked pretty trashed and aren't real shiny any more and I get the feeling that the movie is going to get pretty gritty.

So Transformers 3 is going to be a trashy flick? That's odd, I thought Megan Fox was no longer attached to this film :whistling:

• 1 year later...

I knew there was a film thread on this board somewhere :)

I just found out about this movie, its called Cloud Atlas and after watching the trailer it has gone on my must see list.

If I'm near a bookshop today I may see if they have a copy of it as well.

Also this straight to DVD movie Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.

Seems to have a hint of Van Helsing and dare I say it 7 Golden Vampires :)