UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw him or any of wave 4 at any stores. All the Targets, TRUs, and WalMarts are riddled with the wave 2 renegades and I only once saw part of wave 3 at TRU.

I did however, manage to get him through the Toyark forum for a mere $6 shipped. One of the best action figure purchases i've ever made!

Never got into Joe's I think its a British thing they never really caught on over here, but that Die Hard figure is a cool idea. I like the Crossover stuff like with Sgt Slaughter.

Not Die Hard. :P It's Joe Colton (the original GI Joe) from the new movie who is played by Willis.

I've had to buy both Airtight and Sci-Fi from TRU.com. And they had them in stock at different times, so I had to pay full shipping on both. <_< But yeah, Airtight is awesome. Still waiting for Sci-Fi. I have a feeling that this wave's going to be hard to come by... or it's going to end up at TJ Maxx, Five Below, ect.

There's a guy selling knockoff World's Smallest Soundwaves on eBay. I picked one up for $15 shipped. Might be slightly larger than the one coming with Destro (thicker, for sure), but not by much. And it transforms! So, there's that. Only drawback is that it doesn't come with any tapes, but a cooler option in my opinion if you're considering just getting that set for the Soundwave.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smallest-WST-G1-Soundwave-/220960068490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33723f138a

When in tape mode, he comes up just above the top of Airtight's boot.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a Zombie Viper in the wild at Target. Only one from the wave left, which was weird because it's the most popular. Maybe it was a retun.

But dang, this is an AMAZING figure. I can't stop posing this thing and I have yet to even touch the accessories. THIS is how a 4'' Hasbro figure should be. Not those horrendous excuses for Avengers they have out.

There's a guy selling knockoff World's Smallest Soundwaves on eBay. I picked one up for $15 shipped. Might be slightly larger than the one coming with Destro (thicker, for sure), but not by much. And it transforms! So, there's that. Only drawback is that it doesn't come with any tapes, but a cooler option in my opinion if you're considering just getting that set for the Soundwave.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smallest-WST-G1-Soundwave-/220960068490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33723f138a

When in tape mode, he comes up just above the top of Airtight's boot.

I actually have the world's smallest Soundwave and the one I have has a tape. Soundwave is just one of those things that I buy all the versions of him, in fact just today I bought the recon drone Prime Soundwave.

That Zombie Viper is the reason I flip through the Joes whenever I go to the store. I really got to find that one!

Edited by gambitron

• 4 weeks later...

Is it every Target near you, though? Because I bought two Ren.Cobras at one Target for $10.99 each, then noticed at three other stores that they were still $8.99 (got the difference refunded).

Yeah, every target around me has them for 10.99. I went to three different ones over the last two weeks. Kinda of sad, i wonder if it will kill the line in the long run.