UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually doing resets at DGs the past and next few weeks. I've seen several. If you want I know for sure I can get them. I only picked up SE and SS for myself cause that's all the cash I had on me at the time.

Absolutely, TM2! Any help you can offer is appreciated!

"all types of early screening reports about the quality of G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, which have ranged from "nonsensical" to "worse than RISE OF COBRA""

"Paramount now seeing Channing Tatum as more of an asset"

"rumbling of reshoots that would call for more Tatum in the movie. The G.I. JOE RETALIATION we see nine months from now may only vaguely resemble the one we would have gotten one month from now."

Forget were those are from.

I tried to get a con set tonight and was told my card wouldn't work and to call the club during normal hours tomorrow to work it out. Later, I got an e-mail saying to try it again and they were already sold out. I've saved for weeks and sold some stuff to be ready for when the set went on sale and no I'm out of luck because I followed what i was prompted to do and they didn't anticipate how well their own set would sell. I'm definitely swiiching to the camp that can't believe what a joke the club has become.

I actually decided to reply to Brian Savage's e-mail saying to try again and he got back with me and said I'd be on a waiting list. The fact that he replied pretty quickly did smooth it over a little (he's already shown they've got higher standards than Shocker Toys), but I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to wait holding $365.

Managed to score Slice tonight!

I actually decided to reply to Brian Savage's e-mail saying to try again and he got back with me and said I'd be on a waiting list. The fact that he replied pretty quickly did smooth it over a little (he's already shown they've got higher standards than Shocker Toys), but I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to wait holding $365.

I think I'm stuck resorting to eBay. I managed to get the past sets for just under $500 each so I'm hopeful I can get my hands on these too.

Walked into TRU and they had exactly 3 figures left. One was the Ninja show down, which I was there for anyways. They're still having a BOGO sale this week if you can find them, but they're not honoring a lot of Joe and Avengers merch because it wasn't scaned into the system properly.

Does anyone know if these will be at other discount-type places? We have a Family Dollar and Big Lots around here that get the same sort of items. The nearest Dollar General is way out of my way.

Bah. I was just perusing the HISS Tank forums and people are hoping they will show up at Family Dollar, but no confirmed reports as of yet.

According to the thread someone in my state asked a manager at Dollar General about them and they have not (yet) made it here. I won't pay Ebay prices for them, but I'd pick up another Cobra Commander or Snake Eyes for 6 bucks.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just got back from Joe Con. The bottom line is this: What's out is out. There won't be any restocks till March or May (I can't remember which)

That means it will have been almost 3 years without a steady flow of Joes. But hey, they keep telling us GI Joes will benefit because Michael Bay is an asshole rolling in money making another Transformers movie.

I didn't realize you were going Sam. Did you pick up the OG set?

That news is extremely sad. I saw some of the pics of upcoming movie figs and I think most could easily pass for regular Joe figures-why not just keep selling them? Well, it's nice to know that their big plans for the 30th anniversary were extremely pathetic. I appreciate the few 25th style figures they made, but there just weren't enough. Just the fact that the con set pre-sold out (for the first time ever) should be a sign collectors want that style of figure and that Hasbro isn't listening.

That whole concept showcase really pissed me off. "Here's a bunch of stuff you'll never get because....ummm.....well....we don't feel like it"

On the plus side, really looking forward to that "Ultimate Snake Eyes". We already have the perfect commando look, and this is now a perfect ninja version.

Yeah, I went. It was kinda of a last minute thing. I spent 10 hours in the car today. :yucky:

Hasbro guys were very definitely public enemy #1 this year. There's one new line coming out, and that's the Joe version of the SW Slammers/Squinkies they Hasbro has. That. Is. It. Shame too, because the 25th stuff looked amazing. Ninja Force was coming back, there was an entire Zombie outbreak line.

I wish I'd gotten pics of the absolutely MASSIVE mountain side diorama they had. Jinx was fighting 40 red ninjas. It was breathtaking.