UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

Jeez. I wonder if it's just the areas (all of yours and the one of mine), and not the store chain/toy company.

And I'm just hoping they keep up (or resume after the movie) with more Renegades figures. These (and the Star Wars Clone Wars figures) have ruined me on the realistic sculpts. I want more toony-stylized. Plus, the way they were doing them (and the way they are doing CW), mixing them in with the "regular" figures, fans of the realistic style don't lose out on their toys, and people like me still get what we want, too. I love win/win situations. :biggrin:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the current prices at retail are making the pre-order prices through places like BBTS look like a steal, even with shipping costs. I'm glad I'm not a completist with this line, and since I only collect 25th/30th style versions of characters I had as a kid (and the occasional unique new character like Zombie Viper), I'm glad to say that my collection is almost complete.

I'll say this. I bought every single RoC figure. They were cheap and readily available. PoC less so. This... whatever this is. I can't find them. They're $11 a pop. They're not worth it. TRU had their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, and Joes disappeared around here. I bought a ton of them. it was a good deal, and I could find them. But this... I don't know what is going on, if it's Hasbro or if it's Target, but this is stupid and something has to snap. This isn't 2000. :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are six exclusive single carded Joe figures (25th style) at Dollar General. They are pretty barebones, and are $6 each.

- Snake Eyes

- Shipwreck

- Duke

- Storm Shadow

- Cobra Soldier

- Cobra Commander

Also, please consider this a request for help tracking them down. :thumbsup:

Yeah, looking for all 6 at the moment. I have some stores the next town over that I plan on hitting on Wednesday, but the one I went to today was out. I'll look for those for you, HP.

I guess they already announced a color variation wave of the same figures...

Also, if anyone needs a Renegades Storm Shadow, I have one MOC I'm looking to trade for a ROC Low-light, MOC or Loose/complete is fine.

What a ridiculous decision.

And it puts Hasbro in a hell of a bind - do you go ahead and put the new toys out there, knowing you'll have no movie to advertise them? Or do you pull them from the stores and store them for a year, and have no product out there for months?

The problem is that stores already have stock with a street dated release.

I know my store has TONS in the back. I don't think hasbro would have the stores shipping the merch back to have it sit in a warehouse until Jan/Feb of next year.

It is not just hasbro that is in this bind, it is all the other companies (trend comes to mind [ie posters]) that have their product ready to go.

I am very curious to see how this will play out from a merchandise standpoint.

Can't be true. I mean, I believe you, TTF, but there must be major problems with the movie. Why not release it now and rerelease it in 3-D? Anyway, it's gonna really f##k things up for Hasbro, since they'll have movie figures sitting there on shelves for a year with no movie.:rolleyes:

Incredible news. 30th Anniv figures got axed for Retaliation figures, Renegades cartoon scrapped, and now the movie is delayed a year. Hasbro stock has plummeted over 1.5% in after hours trading so far. And lets not forget Battleship sunk.

ZACK's report today appears to be before this announcement:

"Hasbro’s strong product line-up slated for the second half of the year, strategic tie-ups, and its growing presence in emerging geographical regions bode well for future growth.

However, the Consensus miss in the first quarter concern us a bit. Management commented that this underperformance was expected as it planned for a back-end loaded year.

Hasbro currently retains a Zacks #3 Rank, which translates into a short-term Hold rating. We are maintaining our long-term Neutral recommendation on the stock. As a point of reference, one of Hasbro’s major peers Mattel Inc. (NasdaqGS:MAT - News) missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate in its first quarter 2012 earnings per share and revenue."

If they were planning to back-load using GI Joe, wow. Wonder what the stock will settle on?

The silver lining is Ted has been bumped up!