UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How do you play your games?

The_Donster

I honestly can't remember if we've discussed this, but my gaming habits got me to thinking about this. How do you play a game? Do you play it start to finish, just the campaign or vice versa and only play the multi-player or play a bunch of games at the same time? I'm kind of a start to finish kind of guy for some reason :unsure:

I honestly can't remember if we've discussed this, but my gaming habits got me to thinking about this. How do you play a game? Do you play it start to finish, just the campaign or vice versa and only play the multi-player or play a bunch of games at the same time? I'm kind of a start to finish kind of guy for some reason :unsure:

I do start to finish (all side missions, exploring all i can, 100% upgrades, etc) with usually two games at a time (Currently Black Ops & Medal of Honor) so i can switch on harder parts. I do very little multiplayer and if i do it is free for all. I also enjoy DLC releases that add to the story, not just 1 new costume and multiplayer maps. Also I am OCD with playing a game to the fullest so i try to get as many achievements as i can without going crazy.

I use a controller Don...

Ok seriously, I play what I feel like playing when I want to, if I get the urge to play multiplayer or swap games mid playthrough then I do. I have little enough time for playing games as it is so prefer to just dip into what I fancy at that moment.

T.

Nowadays I don't have extended periods of time to do much of anything, and my videogame habits reflect that. I play fighting games, DS games here or there like Super Mario Brothers, and Tetris on my cell phone (my most played game at the moment). I can pick it up, play for 10-15 minutes, finish and turn it off, and come back to it again later.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm not easily amused but I could watch this youtube video until the cows came home & it would still make me laugh :lol:

http://www.youtube.cf/watch?v=sfkDxF2kn1I&...feature=related

If I were to get involved with 'games' I'm sure that Hitler would have f*ckall on my temper :D

I apologise if you've seen this...I have hundreds of times in different versions ....I just don't tire of it

Usually I beat the story then play multiplayer and then I will try to get trophies.When I get a new game I usually play it for a month without playing any other games and then play a side game{usual side games are burnout paradise,burn zombie burn,MVC 2 and a couple of ps1 games that I got on the ps3.But curently since I beat all my games that I want to beat,I am switching between black ops and bad company 2

Edited by darkredshdow

Ya gotta love it don't you Karamazov, he always seems to get us with that one :lol: I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything Luke, otherwise my monitor would be covered with water right now. I don't know what it is, but I just can't quit a game or play another one at the same time. I've gotten a bit better on playing multi-player lately, but it was mainly in Reach. I've tried some of the others, but get too irritated by the kids sniping me. Like most of our dad's here, I have very little time. I end up playing once everyone has gone to sleep or when my son is napping.

I play from 15 minutes a day to a few hours a day. On some games I will complete them 100%, and others I don't care so much, it really depends on the game. For example, I was willing to complete Majora's Mask 100% but not Wind Waker. I'll take time shenanigans over exploring a vast ocean of nothing anyday. And the motion controls for Twilight Princess turned me off so much that I stopped playing after a couple hours. One day I will borrow the Gamecube version from a friend. As for multiplayer, I couldn't care less. If someone gives me multiplayer as the sole reason for buying a game, then I'm not buying it. I'm seriously the only one in my group of friends that cares about the story in games like Starcraft I&II.

I usually try to complete as much of the game as I can (i.e., do every sidequest, get every item, etc.), within reason. If it's too annoying, I'll just say fudge it, cut my losses, and skip the ones that are too difficult for me. I avoided getting some of the Sigils and Crests in Final Fantasy X for that reason. IIRC, Wakka and Kimahri were the only two characters whose ultimate weapons I didn't fully upgrade.

i play whenever i can/want to, right now the only game i have worth playing is littlebigplanet 2 so i mainly work on getting trophies and playing with freinds. im planning on getting MVC3 so hopefully that will work as my sub when i dont wanna play lbp2 :D i rent games alot so from time to time ill let my life get enveloped by playing zombies on black ops

I only play certain games and not often. I tend to do the campaign to get the feel of the game and then try my hand at online multi-player play. Must have my Turtle Beach X-11's or I am not interested.

I'm a bit OCD about most things, gaming is no different. I have 4 gaming routines. They are as follows:

1 - Story Driven Game: This would be the number one of my list. Because I like to be fully immursed with a game, I only play 1 story driven experience at a time. For instance, I played Assassin's Creed II, then Mass Effect 2, then Enslaved, then Tron, Now Fable III. I tend to think, while not playing, about the game and what I'd like to do when I play again and what it means on a grander scale and a bunch of other things that go through my mind. I find that I'm much more interested to take them one at a time.

2 - Casual Arcade Games: While I like to be involved in 1 story driven experience, I am also a busy guy and there aren't always enough hours for me to develop a detailed story. So, I am a HUGE fan of the arcade experience. I have dozens of games that I will play when time is not my friend. Games like Plants vs Zombies and Pac Man DX and 'Splosion Man and Comic Jumper and Stacking. These games are all fun and I can play them for 15-20 minutes and fill satisfied just having enjoyed my game time.

3 - Online Competitive Game: Then, there are times I just want to forget about story and play for hours online against some real people. Now, I haven't done this in a while because I was waiting to renew my gold, but I try to have 1 consistent game on a rotation to play together online. While is may be the new CoD or Halo or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Burnout Paradise, there are some games that I (will have beaten the single player but) keep just for those nights I want to chat away!

4 - Family Friendly Games (If Applicable): I am a family man with two kids (4 and 2) so I have to limit what they get to see and hear. So, when they are around I'm not going to play something like Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2. Now, #2 is an option because most of my arcade games are family friendly, but I also try to keep a game I can play with or around my kids. For instance, the LEGO games are some of my favorite and they are fun to play while the kids or around or now even WITH my daughter. Right now we are playing a lot of Kinect Adventures and the kids love that.

On a final note, I spent a long with with a major issue. That issue was not finishing games. I think I developed a fear of finishing. Maybe it was because I spend so much money and was affraid I'd feel ripped off or maybe it was because I loved the experience so much I didn't want it to be over. Or, and probably mostly, I never wanted to be disappointed by a game's finale that I had invested so much time in. I beat The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and then....nothing. I never beat Majora's Mask. I never beat Wind Waker. I never beat Twilight Princess. I never beat either of the Mario Galaxy games. Just nothing....until Halo 3 was about to release. Me and my brother-in-law bought Xbox 360s together. And neither of us had ever played the Halo series. When they started Hyping up Halo 3 we decided that we needed to beat the first two before we could "finish" the fight. So, we bought both games, jumped on the couch and played through not only 1 and 2, but also beat 3 and ODST together. We are also in the process of working on Reach. So, I can honestly say that Halo has changed my gaming life! Since then I've been Red Dead and Mass Effect 2 and Braid and Assassin's Creed and Calls of Dutys and a bunch more and I owe it all to Halo :). neo