UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man

DaveOMac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that costume is even more horrendous than I thought it could be. Spider-stripes? really? Call him Spider-Motocross-Man

That... that...

OK I would be PERFECTLY fine with this outfit...even the stripes, if it wasn't for that f**king mask! THE EYES!!! THE HORRID EYES!!!

God help me, I think I'm gonna be sick. Those eyees RUIN the outfit entirely! If only they were white... Hell someone with photoshop skills hit that thing with nice white eyes and see if it looks any better.

That... that...

OK I would be PERFECTLY fine with this outfit...even the stripes, if it wasn't for that f**king mask! THE EYES!!! THE HORRID EYES!!!

God help me, I think I'm gonna be sick. Those eyees RUIN the outfit entirely! If only they were white... Hell someone with photoshop skills hit that thing with nice white eyes and see if it looks any better.

are you talking about the fact they're red? I think it seems pretty clear its just reflecting light... the mask will almost definitely be the proper colours.

EDIT... I, er... smurfing home, anyway

Edited by bobafett

That... that...

are you talking about the fact they're red? I think it seems pretty clear its just reflecting light... the mask will almost definitely be the proper colours.

EDIT... I, er... smurfing home, anyway

Damn well better be... it may be reflection it may not. The fact that I didn't see a single change in eye color through that scene makes me think the eyes are actually red. And that does not make Trekker happy. Trekker not like red eyes. Trekker like white/silver eyes. Trekker annoyed.

That... that...

post-560-1295652171_thumb.jpg

...nope, still looks like crap.

BS

That... that...

post-560-1295652171_thumb.jpg

...nope, still looks like crap.

BS

Ah now see, I'm actually quite a bit more satisfied with it now. For some reason I'm getting a HUGE Ben Reilley vibe out of this outfit. I kinda like it honestly. I'll live with it. As long as those eyes are actually white. If they are not, I have a feeling I'll still be slightly unnerved no matterr how good everything else in that movie is.

Only kind of. I thought he made three pretty good movies, but, IMO, the backlash against SM3 wasn't so much against SM3 itself as it was against Raimi's overall story. I mean, all three movies have pretty much the same plot, and all three were at their best when no one was in a costume. But his vision was nice. So I'm ready for A change, I just don't know if it's THIS change.

I saw the Social Network last night and now am completely on board with this kid as Peter Parker.

I thought he made three pretty good movies, but, IMO, the backlash against SM3 wasn't so much against SM3 itself as it was against Raimi's overall story.

I don't know, my backlash against SM3 was pretty specifically about SM3. I still really love SM2.

Still think this new movie could be fine, and really we're seeing this costume in the worst possible context -- the stunt man's version being shot on a camcorder. It still might not look great on film, but it'll look better than this.

even though that spidey suit looks awful, it looked good in the official pic and i LOVE the black webbing and the eyes (just hope their more profound) and honestly he could just be wearing a bag over his head ( ;) ) for all i care, i just cant wait to see lizard!! :D

I read this editorial about the Spidey costume seen upto now may only be maybe a first design that Peter uses.

It can be read here http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28581

It actually puts across a good argument that this maybe one of a few suits. I can only hope that this is true as so far I'm Very Unimpressed with the way it is now. (I could be persuaded a little with the adding of a belt and the loss of the obvious soles on the boots)