UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MAX Box Set brings female cop and ethnicity

Diamond has released the solicitation copy and images of the new MAX box set.

http://crimsonmonkey.com/previews/preview-...imates-box-set/

The best news is we get a female cop, an African American special ops and what appears to be an Asian firefighter. Vedry happy we are not getting more generic white guys.

Thanks AA!

Edited by DaveOMac

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad they picked up on our complaints about diversity, but again, I think there is over emphasis on the firefighters.

There should have been 2 police or special forces in this set instead.

This man cannot be satisfied! :lol:

Personally, I'm a fan of uniformity and narrow-mindedness. White men created this nation, and by God, we're the ones who will destroy it!

I might pick up 2 sets again. I love the Max line and combination are just greet, hope this is also packed full of accessories.

However am I the only one that thinks it's a bit racist that only thee all white line was available to retail and the "multicultural figures" are for the direct market?

However am I the only one that thinks it's a bit racist that only thee all white line was available to retail and the "multicultural figures" are for the direct market?

I think the retail sets were very rushed, which is why they all have the exact same face (and some missing chest tampos). Normally, I don't think DST would do that.

Looks like they just slapped a Sarah Connor head onto a SWAT cop's body. Hell I could've done that! And groan for more firefighters. I have more than I need. DST should have just released a box with different heads and hairpieces so we could customized the twins in the existing MAX packs.

Don't forget these are primarily aimed at kids. Not us grumpy old bastards. ;)

You can never have enough fireman toys when you're a kid.

I also think it's great DST are diversifying the race and gender mix too. The first release bothered me in it's all-blokeness, all-whiteness. Good work DST!

I think the retail sets were very rushed, which is why they all have the exact same face (and some missing chest tampos). Normally, I don't think DST would do that.

I think you're mistaken Luke. When I questioned Chuck about the missing tampos he said he didn't think they were missing.

Ah, it must be that new invisible ink the factory is using. ;)

Whilst typing the following I noticed Rad's post ......mine is not a direct reply to his comments ;)

I just thank my lucky stars that I live in the UK that the BBC depicts in virtually every TV show I watch. I am safe in the knowledge that most of our judges are either black or female ,50% of our police & armed forces are black ........ just about everybody in a uniform or authority is . The other 50% are perhaps gay? Who are they kidding ?

If you believe my comments to be racist or bigotted :no: then I have failed to convey my point which is that the BBC makes a mockery of the reality by its farcical political correctness.

Whilst typing the following I noticed Rad's post ......mine is not a direct reply to his comments ;)

I just thank my lucky stars that I live in the UK that the BBC depicts in virtually every TV show I watch. I am safe in the knowledge that most of our judges are either black or female ,50% of our police & armed forces are black ........ just about everybody in a uniform or authority is . The other 50% are perhaps gay? Who are they kidding ?

If you believe my comments to be racist or bigotted :no: then I have failed to convey my point which is that the BBC makes a mockery of the reality by its farcical political correctness.

I noticed this "in ya face" approach with Torchwood and the Tenth Doctor's run of Doctor Who

I noticed this "in ya face" approach with Torchwood and the Tenth Doctor's run of Doctor Who

Yeah, I stopped watching Torchwood midway through season 1 because of this.

I've gotta say, if these are the actual heads that they are going to use, with no extra accessories or new chest tampos, then I'll pass.

I might pick up 2 sets again. I love the Max line and combination are just greet, hope this is also packed full of accessories.

Nah, there's a disparity of percentage of women in the United States(50%) vs percentage of women serving as police officers(25%), likewise with the other two. So if you buy each pack at TRU and one box set, you'll almost have an accurate representation of diversity in the workplace.