UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Weezer Minimates

So, every so often I do a custom for my wife of some pop culture thing she's into at the moment – Angel, Twilight, etc. She's been on a Weezer kick for a few months, and for her birthday she got tickets to a concert where the band would be playing the original blue album. The ticket package she bought had a meet-and-greet component (she's really into Weezer...), so I decided an neat side-gift would be a custom set of Weezer minimates she could get signed.

I created mates of the four band members in their original outfits, and built a cd-case-shaped package for them – a little minimate recreation of the blue album:

post-238-1292116854_thumb.jpg

post-238-1292116879_thumb.jpg

When she came home from the concert, she said the band thought the set was really cool, and, of course, they all signed it and posed for a picture with their mini-selves:

post-238-1292116894_thumb.jpg

post-238-1292116918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman

That is so awesome! Not only the customs and the package, but also that you can give a gift like that to your wife and she is happy, and also that she got a pic with the minimates, the band and herself and got it all signed! What an incredible and unique thing!

Excellent! A truly great album. One of the few awesome things of the 1990s :buttrock:

I actually got the special 2-disc version of the album that was released a couple years ago, and it's got some pretty nifty unreleased tracks and b-sides. The "Susanne" song is very good and could have been a single, IMO.

• 10 months later...