Buttheadsmate's......

buttheadsmate

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice indeed sir the Lake looks great :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

I definitely want to be first in & the first across it but I'll wait till Summer comes first.

So as far as I know I was the first person ever to swim in the lake today . We've had a bloody dreadful summer this year & we're finally getting a few lovely days so in I went . It was a bigger deal than I imagined because it hadn't occured to me that I was swimming where I once walked ....odd very odd . I was determined to make sure that I didn't ingest the water so it was a pretty sedate swim & then a pretty intensive shower when I got back home. It was marvellous .

I've never swum in anything other than a pool or the sea & I have to say that it never felt lonely with all the stuff floating around in the lake today :biggrin: I was with the GF & her daughter this afternoon & I just got in the lake with my jeans & T-shirt on & thoroughly enjoyed it ........the secret is don't imagine what could be floating around with you :unsure:

Had to be done !

Glad we got an update and glad you're enjoying your lake!

Brought to mind an old memory of mine from when I was a Scout. We used to go camping near a lake and we'd swim in it all weekend....what were we thinking?! In my adult years all I can picture is the stuff that must have been in there. Yuk.

Dib Dib Dib, Dob Dob Dob.

Edit: don't let my story put you off of swimming in there!

Edited by UK Collector

Sounds great, BHM. Especially the jeans and shirt thing. What you called a summer being "dreadful" so far - I really enjoyed it, I can't stand heat, meaning more than 25°C and the usual high humidity around here, I know, I know - should helped your lake expanding, right?

More pics?

I want to stress that these ...er....floaters....are just algae & stuff . We've had sheep around the lake which has been a necessary evil but they haven't really ....er...contributed to the lake in any obvious manner . I hope.

My buddy is arriving soon to test the water (4 pm here) .....he's a big guy & there maybe a tsunami,I'll keep you posted & get some pics :)

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 1 year later...

Nearly two years since I posted in this thread & apart from some trout , many many frogs & toads moving in, very little 'obvious' has changed with the lake .

The bird life has also increased ,unfortunately that includes 3 pterodactyls [herons] .....nice looking birds but I don't want them .

So nothing has much changed with the lake but yesterday brought some more good news in the shape of planning permission to put 2 log cabins alongside the lake . In the UK it's a nightmare job to get planning permissions on farmland ,the area council vetoed the idea but I appealed /contested their decision & the national planning inspectorate overturned their decision . banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

That Lake Minimate Convention just came a little bit closer .thumbsup.gif Book early.

I am definitely down for a Lake Beavis cabin. I'll take the spa package. :D

We have herons all over the place here, although I suppose yours have an accent...