UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Buttheadsmate's......

buttheadsmate

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that strange white substance on the ground? Was there some kind of chemical spill?

Fake snow. This is my picture entry for the 2011 Guinness calender....."December"......subtle huh?

Do you mean Guinness, the beverage? So you were storing a keg of it outside and it spilled into the lake, huh? :P

post-638-1292618382_thumb.jpg ......the lake begins to fill .....slowly. ;)

it has begun!!! :)

Do you mean Guinness, the beverage? So you were storing a keg of it outside and it spilled into the lake, huh? :P

No I meant Guinness.... the Movie ......to think you call me the old guy! :P

You're about as sharp as a sausage.

You have sausage too? I love it for breakfast, especially on my McMuffins! :)

• 3 weeks later...

So at this rate, we'll get a Kang minimate before the lake is full, huh? And why is the water all brown? :P

Thanks for the update. I actually was wondering about your lake's status over the holidays. And to think that one month ago, it was a grassy area. My how they grow so fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Today my bottom's full .....& er....brown :blush:

post-638-1295293849_thumb.jpgpost-638-1295293622_thumb.jpgpost-638-1295293757_thumb.jpg post-638-1295293731_thumb.jpg

post-638-1295293894_thumb.jpg

The way it's filling has exceeded my expectations but there have been a few complications with land drainage around the outside perimeter of the lake which will have to be addressed when we get a prolonged dry period. Most of this is due to the fact that a lot of surface water can no longer get to where it once flowed because of the raised sides of the lake . Another area I may need to address is the amount of water coming into the lake via the main land-drainage pipe ,this isn't currently a problem but if the lake doesn't settle down to be clear then it will be diverted away from the lake when full.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 1 month later...

Toss them some food and they might dare to move close to you. I have a canal across from my home and the ducks get quite daring if there is bread involved.

Looks great BHM!

I think I saw some of their extended family this weekend. They wanted some bread and weren't afraid to ask for it. (What kind of a moron goes to a park and doesn't take bread for the geese? :blush:) I guess it's a pretty good sign if you're getting guests already.

It was quite exciting to see this pair especially as Canada geese generally just fly over rather than land here but I shan't be encouraging too many of their mates because they can deter other species apparently & become quite invasive........ I'm no expert but I have been reading up on them today . I shan't encourage them either but they're very welcome for the moment & it will be interesting to see how the resident hawks will deal with them .....the geese are bigger but not by much :ermm: