UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor Movie Minimates

boyd

Still early, but maybe what we've already seen can give us some impression as to the figures we'll get.

Thor (civilian)/Loki (civilian)

Thor (Asgard)/Loki (Asgard)

love interest/Frost Giant

--VARIANT--shield agent with suit/Frost Giant

2 new characters for TRU wave: Odin and civilian Thor with no shirt on

AFX exclusive box set: BD Thor, BD Loki, love interest in different outfit, shield agent with suit wearing sunglasses and different facial expression

Borders exclusive 2-pack: Loki disguised as someone he disguises himself as in film, different shield agent with suit (black guy)

Yeah, I can totally see Frost Giants being the army builder. Don't forget we're getting the Destroyer armor in the movie as well, and if he doesn't get a Minimate I'll be a little upset. But I'll get over it pretty quickly.

The part of "love interest" is played by Dr. Jane Foster.

I'm predicting we'll see the following figures in some form as part of the THOR movie line:

Thor, Jane Foster, Odin, Donald Blake, Loki, Frost Giant, Sif, Destroyer, Warriors Three & Heimdall.

I'm praying we also get comic-based renditions of the Warriors Three and Sif and maybe Balder, Hela, Enchantress and Executioner to boot. And the Wrecking Crew of course. Though I can see them holding off on some of these in case they play a role in the inevitable sequel.

How many Iron Man 2 figures did we see in total?

----> Needed to answer my own question and then some! By my count, we saw a whopping 29 new Minimates from Iron Man 2 including Wave 35, a box set, 10 TRU exclusives over 2 waves, 2 Borders exclusives and the Hammer Drones single packed. Plus we got 7 new comic versions of prominent Iron Man characters in Wave 36.

This is a huge leap compared to other more modest movie lines:

- Wolverine Origins = 13

- Iron Man = 11

- Incredible Hulk = 9

- Spider-Man 3 = 7

- X-Men 3 = 7

- Punisher War Zone = 4

Edited by Binaryan

- Spider-Man 3 = 7

At least 16 for Spidey 3 two waves plus the excluse ( and now elusive) preview two pack.

But yes IM2 was serious overkill and I'm a big IM fan!

T.

im a HUGE ironman fan and i agree. the thing that pissed me off about the ironman 2 minimates is that they spent time making useless variants when they "could" have made whiplash MK 2. also i bought 5 drones just to find out they werent even battle worthy. :P

as for the thor mates the only character im really excited about getting is destroyer. also i hope if they make odin he comes with the infinity gauntlet. onto the captain america mates i hope to see the cosmic cube as an accesory. and finally onto the first class mates, it would be cool if the hellfire club made an apearance(for some reason) that way the army builder could be hellfire gaurds.

I was going to say this bethor I went to the pub tonight but Now I have an excuse...............

We'll get the 'Thor Four' .....Thor & the Warriors Three .

We'll get the vanquished Frost Giants .....'Thors Thaws'.

We'll get a vanquished Asgardian villain & his cohorts .....'Thor Losers'

We'll get 'Before the 'Thor Four' thought Thor fought at the fore for ' ......which confirms that the new ale my pub is selling is far too strong.