UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

Spotting in Northern Cali, Pleasant Hill TRU got these in yesterday.

Be glad I bet you to them, my Cannonball had a miscast jacket (still looks good, almost normal given Liefeld probably would have drawn him without a deformed jacket, but still a bit of bummer)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Brown Wolverine variant is the best there is at what he does! :P

wolvievariant.jpg

Wow, the QC issues continue to ruin potentially great Minimates. :angry:

- Cannonball's blast peg is at a 20 degree angle

- Dark Magneto has a Left Leg that doesn't have the metallic red paint

- Wolvie and Magneto's feet won't stay in the legs.

Agreed.

-After giving someone a hard time here about the same problem, my Spidey had a right arm on his left side.

-3 of Spidey's arms won't stay on

-Wolverines feet won't stay on

-Shatterstar's helmet won't go down all the way

-Magneto's left leg doesn't fit right

And not a total QC problem, but trying to fit Magneto's 'dark' head on the peg was the most difficult time I've had with any Minimate part ever. And that's after having over a thousand Minimates. After about five minutes of trying, I determined I was going to make it fit or break it trying. I finally got it on, but I jammed my thumb in the process.

Edited by groundhog7s

And not a total QC problem, but trying to fit Magneto's 'dark' head on the peg was the most difficult time I've had with any Minimate part ever. And that's after having over a thousand Minimates. After about five minutes of trying, I determined I was going to make it fit or break it trying. I finally got it on, but I jammed my thumb in the process.

I was in the same spot - by far the most frustrating head I've ever had to deal with. I finally shaved it down a little with an exacto knife, which worked wonders

QUOTE (Donny B @ Jan 12 2011, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was in the same spot - by far the most frustrating head I've ever had to deal with. I finally shaved it down a little with an exacto knife, which worked wonders

I remember the mask for Giant Size X-Men Cyclops was terrible to get off of a head-piece.

It's not side by side, but you can go to the character listings on the minimatedatabase and scroll over the variations to see the differences.

i think it's just the one image of Lizard, isn't it?

So it is. I checked the Spiderman and just kind of assumed both Lizards would be in the Database too. That's what I get for assuming. If I were in the X-Men I would have the uncanny ability to turn us all into donkeys.

What's the sku for this wave again?

I think it's the same as the FF Wave, making it kind of useless if you are hoping to call around to check stock. Yep:

Checked my TRU after work, they had nothing new stocked. I asked customer serve to check, she took the code from the warlock set online and found 7 in stock, she went to the back yet returned with sad news. Apparently the code was for all marvle minimates, she said they had nothing new and no idea when new would come and said since the pegs were full off the older product that it did not look good for new minimates.

yeah, wave 9 shares the same code as the Fantastic Four wave. Wave 10 they are finally going to one sku per wave.

I haven't had any luck down here in FL. They are in the warehouse, but not on this weeks truck. Hopefully next week.

Broke down and won an auction on eBay for the Magik and Cannon ball 2 packs. I get the feeling tru.com will not get these back in stock so instead of gambling with my tru I figure pick up the ones I have to have now. I still need magneto and wolvie and want another warlock to make Doug, so I'm still on the look out.

Stil nothing at my TRU as of this morning. I have 25$ in rewards dollars that expire tomorrow! Looks like I will be buying something I don't really want instead!

same here. I used my $21 in rewards dollars on a bed rail for my 2 yr old.

Agreed.

-After giving someone a hard time here about the same problem, my Spidey had a right arm on his left side.

-3 of Spidey's arms won't stay on

-Wolverines feet won't stay on

-Shatterstar's helmet won't go down all the way

-Magneto's left leg doesn't fit right

Their QC issues seem to be getting worse...however will this make any of you stop buying their product? What incentive does DST have to correct this?

Their QC issues seem to be getting worse...however will this make any of you stop buying their product? What incentive does DST have to correct this?

If it gets bad and consistent enough, then it could seriously affect my buying habits. I never picked up the Spidey Friends and Foes set b/c of the QC issues, and am far less interested in paying inflated eBay prices for this series knowing what has been discussed here.

QC has majorly affected my Sideshow statue buying habits. I don't care what you've done for me in the past, and how good your products are from a design perspective. If you are churning out crummy products that don't pass the QC smell test, then I'm not gonna give you my money for them.

I was thinking about these QC issues the other night, and I think the best way to drive home the point about QC would be to do the following.

At the next convention DST and Chuck will be attending, take 10 unopened packs of a certain 2-pack of Minimates that we know are notorious for QC issues, like Wolvie/Mags for example.

Explain to Chuck that the QC issues are really starting to become a problem in the minds of the collectors, and then proceed to open all 10 packs with him and note each defect of each pack as it is encountered.

It would be necessary for him to know that these were untampered with, factory sealed packs.

As long as it were done in a professional manner, with someone representing the opinions of the Multiverse in a respectful way, I can't see how someone representing a product could not have their eyes opened to this being a bigger issue.

If someone wants to plan to do something like this for one of the upcoming spring/summer conventions, I would be willing to either help provide the Minimates or help cover the costs of obtaining them.