UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just speculation, does anyone know what the actual case count was on previous TRU waves?

No but I'd be surprised if the figure was less than 2000 or more than 3000 .

Personally,looking from the outside in I really can't see that there is any different trend with this Wave except that some of the familiar ebay sellers (from previous waves) don't appear to have gotten them either.

Because I was bored, and Google Maps is fun.

Locations of Toys R Us Distribution Centers

The Groveport, OH location (J) is the one that fulfills my TRU.com orders.

Take a look the next time you order from the website and see where your order is shipped from, I'm curious to see if all TRU.com orders are fulfilled from that same distribution center, or if they use other DC's across the country.

Edited by youbastards

I don't think anyone knows how many of any TRU wave are out there, apart from TRU and DST (all we got was the generic--"there are more TRU chases than comic shop chases" line from DST awhile back).

As for over-ordering the FF wave, I can imagine it, but more because it is a wave that would more strongly appeal to casual shoppers than a New Mutants wave would.

However, I don't get the impression that any of these TRU Marvel waves have been any more common or rare than any other recently.

I never believed that line about there being more TRU variants due to the fact if you preorder the entire set, which includes the variants or a case, then they create the quantity to the order.

My only complaint is that TRU.com should have enough stock for every wave to last more than a day.

I never believed that line about there being more TRU variants due to the fact if you preorder the entire set, which includes the variants or a case, then they create the quantity to the order.

My only complaint is that TRU.com should have enough stock for every wave to last more than a day.

I can't agree more with your last comment but I'm not with you on the first? They create the quantity to the order?

This is why I think all of the TRU.com orders are only fulfilled through one DC, the one in Groveport, OH.

This also would explain why other members are seeing these in store before they hit the website.

Just a theory, but it is starting to make sense. Now the question remains, if all TRU.com orders are only fulfilled by one DC, why is that one DC getting such a low quantity of these?

Also, MsMarvel fan was the first to report finding them in-store on the forum: Frederick, Maryland DC

Edited by youbastards

My only complaint is that they don't consistently order the same amount. If they under-ordered every time you could rely on it, but sometimes it's way too much and others barely show up (I can pretty much deduce that they probably had around 10 cases of the Hulkbuster available).

Oh, I guess I have two complaints, the other being Al Gore. But that doesn't have anything to do with TRU...or does it?

Also, MsMarvel fan was the first to report finding them in-store on the forum: Frederick, Maryland DC

That was on January 7,the same day they hit TRU.com ......today is January 11 . The first set (not 100% sure) was listed on ebay December 23rd. & probably no more than a dozen or so of each have sold since .

Early days yet....stay calm. ;)

I want mine NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the awesome snow and ice storm I will not be able to scope out TRU this week...maybe by end of week if I am lucky.

That was on January 7,the same day they hit TRU.com ......today is January 11 . The first set (not 100% sure) was listed on ebay December 23rd. & probably no more than a dozen or so of each have sold since .

I found mine before Christmas. The 17th/18th, I believe. I came home and did not see them on eBay, by the way.

I found mine before Christmas. The 17th/18th, I believe. I came home and did not see them on eBay, by the way.

Twins...

Haven't seen these locally either, the TRU near me here has half bare minimate pegs & sadly those few stragglers are universal/IM movie sets and leftovers from the Ironman Wave.

The only pack I want/need from this wave is the Warlock pack though, so I guess I'll wait it out a little longer before facing the "joys" of ebay.

T.

My house-mate and I have a joke, well I have a joke, she endures. If I go out the door to check the mail, and it is empty, I yell, "guess what just came in the mail?!"

"What?! she yells back, or glares at me from the couch, or both.

"Me! Can I borrow a towel?"

bad-dump bump!

In other news, Brown wolvie/mags, spidey/lizard are peg warming two full rows at the one toys r us. On Friday last week when they restocked, Magik/Warlock were the only ones missing. I figured either someone wanted Warlock and Douglock, or someone saw there was a female toy in the package and it must be worth getting to put on E-bay, or to resell to the over-priced second hand toy shop nearby.

That was on January 7,the same day they hit TRU.com ......

No, December 17th

I'm calm, mine are coming in the mail tomorrow. :P

Which illustrates again that I must pay more attention. :blush:

'Coming in the mail' just sounds so bad :blink:

I'll also be taking a bath in wave 9 Minimates tonight and will be lighting my cigars with them. I'll post pics later.

News from Baton Rouge is that if you show those pictures ....they'll be followed by ones showing you with a Havana

shoved where the sun don't shine.

I just report the news ,I neither support or condemn the source. TRU dat!

You know, the one thing that has actually been bugging me about the brown costume Wolverine...aside from the mask's eyes...they didn't paint his pants/legs right. The Daken Dark Wolverine actually has it painted right, but the colors are off for switching the parts. No surprise though since they screwed up on that with 90s Jean Grey a while back though.

Anyone know anyone whom could paint details on minimates well and maybe fix the mask design?

You know, the one thing that has actually been bugging me about the brown costume Wolverine...aside from the mask's eyes...they didn't paint his pants/legs right. The Daken Dark Wolverine actually has it painted right, but the colors are off for switching the parts. No surprise though since they screwed up on that with 90s Jean Grey a while back though.

Anyone know anyone whom could paint details on minimates well and maybe fix the mask design?

This isn't exactly answering your question the way you're wanting, but this is what I did:

Wolverine_Daken.jpg

The new Brown Wolvie mask kinda bugs me a bit, too. Something about the overall design just seems sub-par to the wave 28/Daken version.

That being said, I know the black mask/brown mask thing doesn't completely balance, but I always preferred brown, so that worked for me.

Here's the breakdown on my rather simple quick custom: Daken body, TRU Wolverine hands & face

I scraped the tattoo off the one arm with an exacto knife - If you like the hairy arm look, you can switch out the entire arm and not just the hand - but personally, I think the hair details makes the overall look bit too cluttered (I realize I may be alone on that). On the plus side, if you keep the hairy arm look, then there's no need to actually change your Daken 'mate

Overall, the orange coloring may not match between the two releases, but the brown does.