UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heroes & Adversaries Box Set

Binaryan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Eddie Brock's face is different from the wave 24 one

When he was first released I was initially convinced that the TRU version was different from the LCS Wave , what I hadn't twigged was that Brock has a reversable head showing 2 different expressions . The sets were showing up on ebay & it is now evident that nobody at the factory decided to standardise which face was showing in the package thus confusing a poor ol' guy like me :(

Could this be what is confusing you ? Does this Brock have 2 faces?

I think Nessex's 'Perviest Eddie' suitably sums up his expression :D

Eddie's not Nessex's :P

I'm pretty sure Eddie Brock's face is different from the wave 24 one

When he was first released I was initially convinced that the TRU version was different from the LCS Wave , what I hadn't twigged was that Brock has a reversable head showing 2 different expressions . The sets were showing up on ebay & it is now evident that nobody at the factory decided to standardise which face was showing in the package thus confusing a poor ol' guy like me :(

Could this be what is confusing you ? Does this Brock have 2 faces?

I think Nessex's 'Perviest Eddie' suitably sums up his expression :D

Eddie's not Nessex's :P

I've had wave 24 Eddie Brock for 3 years and today is the day I find out he has 2 faces.......... I think I'm officially a failure and don't deserve to be called a minimate collector.......................F.M.L.

Wow. I suspected this was going to be a straight reissue set, but I'm still genuinely surprised they decided to bring back wave 28 Deadpool almost as is. Good lineup, just hope DST doesn't do this too often

eg: Mary Janes hair from the SM3 wave may have been used before, but i haven't seen it on another Marvel minimate . . . so it looks like a new sculpt to me, and so i've counted it.

But it could well have appeared in the Rocky or BTTF line.

Just because:

Hasn't been used on a comic 'mate yet, but Pepper Potts from the first Iron Man movie wave has the same hair.

Just because:

Hasn't been used on a comic 'mate yet, but Pepper Potts from the first Iron Man movie wave has the same hair.

Ah - i never bought that wave! It was back when i was 'only buying x-men'. LOL.

Damn - well, 12 then? is the answer 12?

Dear lord, please put me out of my misery and tell me.

Damn - well, 12 then? is the answer 12?

Dear lord, please put me out of my misery and tell me.

Er....I'm not entirely sure but I reckon 12 is about right . The first dozen or so Waves had few new pieces ....maybe Visorless Cyclops or Maskless DD & thenceforward it becomes a job for experts on head/hairpieces ....Transformation Venom & Bearded Thor are pretty safe bets , Tarantula's bandana thingy,Archangels hairpiece .

I can't believe that that stupendous variant Gen.Ross's cap won't appear in the Max line somewhere . It's not many though is it?

Er....I'm not entirely sure but I reckon 12 is about right . The first dozen or so Waves had few new pieces ....maybe Visorless Cyclops or Maskless DD & thenceforward it becomes a job for experts on head/hairpieces ....Transformation Venom & Bearded Thor are pretty safe bets , Tarantula's bandana thingy,Archangels hairpiece .

I can't believe that that stupendous variant Gen.Ross's cap won't appear in the Max line somewhere . It's not many though is it?

Maskless DD was (i think) actually a re-use of the Peter Parker hair/glasses from the PP&MJ exclusive.

Bearded Thor was a tampo - the helmet was the same as regular Thor from that wave. Tarantulars Bandana is a re-use of Iron Fists i think.

If i were to list what i assumed were actual new sculpts in the LCS waves that have been released so far, i would say:

1. Visorless Cyclops - Wave 3

2. J Jonah Jameson - Wave 7

3. Transformation Venom - Wave 17

4. Mary Jane - Wave 18

5. Archangel - Wave 19

6. General Ross - Wave 22

7. Mark II War Machine - Wave 23

8. Special Ops Sabretooth - Wave 26

9. WW2 Captain America - Wave 27

10. First Appearance Sabretooth - wave 28

11. Rachel Summers - Wave 34

12. Happy Hogan - Wave 35

13. Mandarin - Wave 36

someone correct me if i have gotten any of these wrong . . .

so - 13 of 36 waves have had parts sculpted just for the variant. slightly over 1/3.

Edited by Nessex

What about Raft Sentry's hairpiece, was that unique at the time of release? The only other 'mate I can think of that used that piece was Nitro in the Civil War boxset.

That hair piece was first used by Ultimate Sabretooth in wave 3.

I would, too. I have just about every DC 'Mate, multiples of many of them, but would love to have some more Supermen, Hal GLs, DCD Flashes, and blue Batmen. If I could go back in time, I would probably buy 5 or 10 packs of each.

Edited by karamazov80

my disney store had no idea what I was talking about when I was asking about marvel minimates or marvel universe figures. Nowhere to be found in the store and she said they only carry disney products.

Doubt anyone really cares about my trip to Xtreme Toys but here's some light reading.

So I went to Xtreme Toys tonight and it is a pretty cool store. Nice ambient music too (ie Dr Dre, riiing diiing dooong, ahem). Very organized and lots of collectible toys both current and old. One thing I was kind of surprised about (but kind of not when you think of it) was how many minimates they had. They had a lot! I counted about 50 pegs of them covering the majority of two display cases. Mostly Marvel and a good amount of DC. And each peg holds up to 11 sets each but most pegs were about 3/4ths full. Granted most of them were the usual pegwarmers but they had quite a few box sets too (Invaders, IM2 Battle Tactics, Punisher War Zone). Too bad I didn’t have a camera. Heck, I felt their MU 3.75 stuff was non-existent compared to minimates. I didn't notice all the prices but the variants weren't marked up too high (saw Hound Rachel/Sentinel for $10, I think).

They didn’t seem to really advertise that the Heroes/Adversaries set was their exclusive thing. They had pegs of them at random places, kind of like a hide and seek. A couple of pegs of them in with the minimates display case. A peg in another display case. Some near the register. A peg behind the counter near the register. Another peg behind another part of the counter. Don’t see why they didn’t sell a bunch to Luke at some bulk discount as I don’t know if Deadpool alone could sell all of those sets.

I was hoping to have a chat with someone about some of the behind the scenes things of their exclusive set but the boss wasn’t there. Oh well. It seems like that guy really likes minimates and I wouldn’t be surprised if he lurks here. Anyway, worth a visit if you are around but if you‘ve been to Frank and Sons nearby, you might not be too impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got these in hand now & I can confirm that 3000 sets were produced making Deadpool a very common Minimate rather than a common Minimate . Newbies ought to like this box-set but I still can't help feeling that the outfit that commissioned them will struggle to sell them quickly & their ebay site confirms that assumption. I hope I'm wrong .

Anybody in the UK who is after this set please PM me.