UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates in a comic book again!

Some minimates can be found in a new graphic novel called Penance: The Trial of the Century by Arcana Studio:

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

These are all customs that I created for Arcana back in 2009. This graphic novel has 6 pages of bonus material that I put together for them, including some mock ads and posters that feature these customs.

I got my copy in the mail yesterday, and I was really pumped to see my name in the credits. And it's always fun to see minimates in comics. :)

There are a few copies left on Amazon here, but I'm sure other stores carry this as well.

Arcana Studio actually approached DST about making a minimates 4-pack of some of their most popular characters, like Kade, Ezra, and Clockwork Girl, but DST was not interested.

Vey cool Luke. I met Sean Wise a long time ago. He's a lawyer if I'm not mistaken and he and his partner have had this story forever. He tracked me down well over 10 years ago to make custom 6" action figures of some of their characters (well back before the birth of minimates). Don't know what ever became of those prototypes. Wow! Glad to see he stuck to his guns and the story finally got published. And good on you Luke for getting this wicked opportunity. Great work as usual.