UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Labs

Ivan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all.

I thought about creating a Super Pursuit Mode conversion sequence but I wanted to get the thing done before the toys hit stores. KARR seems unlikely at this point, but you never know*. It would give me an opportunity to get better at animating. Maybe I could create a storyline with both SPM and KARR.

Great that's just what I need, more ideas. :D

Next animation is going to be loosely based on a movie that isn't (yet?) a Minimate license.

*Chuck mode activate.

• 2 months later...

My entry for the Custom Cover Recreation Contest isn't complete yet so I didn't want to pollute that thread with this 'in-progress' image. But while I was test fitting some of the new pieces I got some neat reflections. I just had to play...

tease.png

Dang - that looks slick!

Each image that we see from you seems to be more and more detailed. You're really getting a good handle on the design program you're using.

Edited by Nessex

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted this to Minimate Labs yet, but I have a new

over on the youtubes. The Labs post (with stills) should be up this weekend, but I know the video itself is the main draw.

It features the MAX Pilot and Stealth Jet from the first round of specialty market vehicles. Now that it's "finished" I see a lot of little things I'd change, but it's time I move on to the next time sink. :D

GOOSE! NOOOO! :)

I don't think I could have animated that. For me the grief is still too near.

I did consider replicating his helmet(or Maverick's) to put in the erlenmeyer flask on the tag. Unfortunately the thought didn't occur until late in the process and the MAX helmet I designed wouldn't take such a complex texture map.

So instead you get 20 floating Minimate hands... a loss by any measure.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Aww man, double post, I suck.

The '2003 Blanks' series is finished for now. They're all on the front page of Minimate Labs where you can get larger versions. Clicking an embedded image below will take you to the specific post (with the larger image).

Blue:

120212_2003BlanksBlueSm.jpg

Red:

120228_2003BlanksRedSm.jpg

Yellow:

120220_2003BlanksYellowSm.jpg

(Green is in the previous post.)

Any criticism is welcome.

• 11 months later...

Necro-tastic!

I haven't posted this up on Minimate Labs yet, but I'd like to share my entry for the Walking Dead Minimates video contest.

(Ooh, new board turns youtube links into embeds. Neat. 1080p is available.)

It's not all I wanted it to be but I had to make a few sacrifices to meet the deadline. It also appears a sound effect or two got dropped somewhere in the process. Oh well.

Edited by Ivan