UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics NNY! I can't wait to get these sets. The evil Magneto head will be going on my 616 version. :)

Also, pre-orders are up!

No prob! its usually the other way around, me lurking here after a con exclusive or a new waves been released desperately waiting for pix, i was just shocked no one else had posted them yet. :P

oh and that evil head goes great w/ most masks actually, i was just messing around w/ it a few minutes ago :biggrin:

Got both my sets in tonight and I will yield to the Boobgate debacle. Jean has average sized breasts. Not her finest rack in minimate form, but better than the original MJW's. I will now cease talking (blogging) about minimate breast sizes as my wife won't stop laughing and giving me the dreaded stink eye because of this particular topic.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Got both my sets in tonight and I will yield to the Boobgate debacle. Jean has average sized breasts. Not her finest rack in minimate form, but better than the original MJW's. I will now cease talking (blogging) about minimate breast sizes as my wife won't stop laughing and giving me the dreaded stink eye because of this particular topic.

dam thats fast for you to have them already!! and you didnt shower us with the great mini-myte photo shoots!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

4 of my friends drove down to NYC for the big convention. They got home yesterday and I swung by tonight after work to pick up my minimate swag they scored for me. It's late and I'm really tired. I can post detailed pics tomorrow after work... as long as no one beats me to the punch. But feel free to save me the work anybody.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Okay, I got some bad news. I have just discovered a pretty bad flaw with the AoA Apocalypse. If one looks at the prototype pic of ol' Apocalypse, they'll notice that he's got a very distictive pattern painted on his crotch piece. This pattern has now been painted on one of those belt pieces made out of an old crotch cover. The flaw is that the factory applied the pattern upside down on the belt and instead of correcting this mistake, they just put the belts on UPSIDE DOWN! The chest block sits all unevenly on the belt (due to the fact that the piece is a converted crotch cover). I have no idea how to correct this. This flaw is not random, as my set and my friends who attended the NYCC sets are exactly the same. You'd think DST's customer service would be the answear, but we all know how reliable those guys are.

I will post pics tonight when I get home.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Here are the pics of the other AoA minimates. Enjoy!

Weapon X

th_wx1.jpgth_wx2.jpgth_wx3.jpgth_wx4.jpg

Weapon X comes with 2 clawed hands, 2 non clawed hands, 1 gauntlet and 1 clawed gauntlet.

Jean Grey

th_jean1.jpgth_jean2.jpgth_jean3.jpg

Dark Beast

th_db1.jpgth_db2.jpg

Apocalypse

th_apoc1.jpgth_apoc2.jpgth_apoc3.jpg

th_apoc4.jpgth_apoc5.jpgth_box1.jpg

So here is the flawed Apocalypse. Picture #1 depicts how he came out of the box. Note the postion on the detail of the belt and the position of the detail of the prototype in the 5th picture. The center image is of the minimate wearing the belt properly and you can clearly see the design is upside down. You can see how sloppy the upsidedown belt makes the mate look in pics 3 & 4. I personally think this was a blunder at the factory and not some stroke of genius of making Apocalypse taller. If that was the case, DST /AA could have come up with a better looking solution.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Thanks for the pics minimyte. They look great. Sucks about Apocalypse. :(

With the close up pics Jean's boobs make much more sense now. I see the curve of the red on black forming the outline of her boobs.

Here are the pics of the other AoA minimates. Enjoy!

Weapon X

th_wx1.jpgth_wx2.jpgth_wx3.jpgth_wx4.jpg

Weapon X comes with 2 clawed hands, 2 non clawed hands, 1 gauntlet and 1 clawed gauntlet.

Jean Grey

th_jean1.jpgth_jean2.jpgth_jean3.jpg

Dark Beast

th_db1.jpgth_db2.jpg

Apocalypse

th_apoc1.jpgth_apoc2.jpgth_apoc3.jpg

th_apoc4.jpgth_apoc5.jpgth_box1.jpg

So here is the flawed Apocalypse. Picture #1 depicts how he came out of the box. Note the postion on the detail of the belt and the position of the detail of the prototype in the 5th picture. The center image is of the minimate wearing the belt properly and you can clearly see the design is upside down. You can see how sloppy the upsidedown belt makes the mate look in pics 3 & 4. I personally think this was a blunder at the factory and not some stroke of genius of making Apocalypse taller. If that was the case, DST /AA could have come up with a better looking solution.

Edited by Chronotrigger

Thanks for the pics buddy.

Nice work spotting Apocs belt - although i catually don't think it looks too bad as a 'riser'.

I'ma bit bummed out that Beasts pants seem to be a flat coour and not a metallic blue as i orginially thought they would be :(

Still - it's a must have set for me :)

Thanks for the pics buddy.

Nice work spotting Apocs belt - although i catually don't think it looks too bad as a 'riser'.

I'ma bit bummed out that Beasts pants seem to be a flat coour and not a metallic blue as i orginially thought they would be :(

I gotta say, i like Apocalypse's belt in that it gives him a more...proportioned frame?? With the chest/shoulder armor and the bulky gloves and boots, he looks a bit short without it. I just wish they would have continued the blue stripe down to his legs in that case. That, of course, is dependent on IF it was on purpose. ;) I don't have him like that for that reason; the detail is not HORRIBLE upside down, really. Just...annoying.

And Nessex, Beast's pants are a little metallic. Up close, it looks like it was made with some sort of "sparkly" plastic, but it is REALLY hard to notice. It's sort of like a duller Apocalypse's armor blue. There is some metallic shine to it, but hardly any. I'm just happy with the color difference he DOES have; the prototype looked super dark.

As always, thanks for the sweet pics, Mini_Myte. I see what you mean about Apocalypse's belt piece. It does look a bit awkward, but the extra height is also nice. Hopefully when I have this in hand, I can figure out a tweak to make it look a bit better.

Just the opposite, there is a metallic hue to the paint. Not IM style, but there is one present. Paint is cheap though, scrapes off real easy.

the upside-down belt piece does seem to be deliberate... I even think it looks pretty good from the front. Those side shorts do look a little dodgy, but I suppose with his cape and arms n' all, its not often that view will be... on view.

I've had several requests from board members wanting me to post some pics of the AFX AoA set. Now, I know that NNY had posted some pics last week and that was fine by me (less work for me), but my public has harassed asked me nicely for some detailed shots. These are for the fans. Enjoy!

Rogue

th_rogue1.jpgth_rogue2.jpgth_rogue3.jpgth_rogue4.jpg

Magneto

th_mags1.jpgth_mags2.jpgth_mags3.jpgth_mags4.jpg

Sunfire

th_sunfire1.jpgth_sunfire2.jpgth_sunfire3.jpg

Cyclops

th_cyclops1.jpgth_cyclops4.jpg

X-Men Attack!

th_attack.jpg

How are the purple shoulder things on Magneto held in place?

Not very good I'm afraid. They look nice, but staying on when the arms are moved? Not a chance. They fall off quite easily. The shoulder pads are open ended, so collector's beware. IMO, they should have been designed closed ended, like Wolverine or classic IM's shoulder pads. Really DST, what's the benefit of having designed AoA Magneto's shoulder pads like this?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Don't know if I missed it or not but has anyone discussed that on the Weapon X prototype the upper chest block corners are painted flesh since he wears a sleeveless top but on the final product only the front of the block is painted? Looks horrible.

the upside-down belt piece does seem to be deliberate... I even think it looks pretty good from the front. Those side shorts do look a little dodgy, but I suppose with his cape and arms n' all, its not often that view will be... on view.

I did a belt flip with Goliath, and I have to say that I really like it. He towers over normal sized mates now. I don't know if it was deliberate on Apocalypse or if it even works that well on him, but it looks great on Goliath, and I plan on leaving it like that.