UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants and AOA 4 Packs at NYCC

DaveOMac

Just got my NYCC ticket! I'm looking forward to these sets. I hope AFX brings some other mates to the show. Wizard World Philly had a pretty good showing of Mates. I hope the NYCC retailers follow suit. I need to fill some holes in my collection.

How about Cypher as a base figure and Warlock as 'add-on' parts to make everyone happy?

Thats all well and good if you want to display Douglock but I want to display both characters. Id have to buy two sets. If I'm buying two sets, who's the army builder?

Edited by Rheul

You wouldn't have to buy two sets if the add-on pieces covered enough, or the parts that were still visible were plain enough.

I didn't buy two sets to have my "burnt" Louis Tully & Terror Dog displayed separately, I just stuck random black Minimate parts inside the Dog. Problem solved.

Edited by TENIME_art

Pat from AFX tells me that we will be seeing larger versions of these pictures soon. Also we will definitely be carrying these in our store after NYCC.

So glad to hear that, Luke! I always feel bad for not getting stuff from you, but this year has been a slow one for me and most of my must-haves were TRU exclusives... but I'd much rather pick up these sets from you than AFX. :)

New Mutants are all right, but I'm disappointed in their choice of characters. I suppose that you can always buy multiple sets to make some of the others; they all wore the same outfit, after all. I'm sure there will be a follow-up, though. Warlock, at least, is a must.

The only AoA 'mate I have any interest in is Sunfire. Those outfits are just so very, very ugly. I'll be at the show, so I'll probably pick this up and trade the rest.

I suppose that you can always buy multiple sets to make some of the others; they all wore the same outfit, after all. I'm sure there will be a follow-up, though. Warlock, at least, is a must.

This is a great opportunity for some (non-shortpacked) TRU exclusives. Warlock and Doug Ramsey would make perfect sense, though Doug would perhaps be the easiest kit-bash in the history of Minimates.