UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants and AOA 4 Packs at NYCC

DaveOMac

The Full list of New York Comic con Exclusives and it appears that not only will we get one of the AOA 4 packs but a New Mutants 4 pack. I haven't' heard anything about this but very excited as none of them have been in Minimate form yet.

Here are the full list of exclusives for those interested.

http://crimsonmonkey.com/news/nycc-2010-ne...ives-announced/

UPDATE: Seeing how the 4 packs are AFX exclusives I'd keep an eye on their blog for images very soon I hope.

Edited by DaveOMac

looks good so far these are a must have for me boath sets

Karma's face looks freaky in that pic. A bigger issue than the gloves, for me, is the boots. They won't stay on LEGO stands for crap.

Yeah - it's squished down a bit low, isn't it? Hopefully this is just a press preview PhotoShopping issue that wont translate to the actual release.

Cannonball looks good - but i hope we see a blast effect of some kind issued with him. I'd love a brand new accessory, but since this looks like a bit of a 'parts re-use' set, i would settle for some translucent orange legs and an ironman blast stand.

I think i'd like a tail for Wolfsbane too - she may have one already but it doesn't look like there's anything there in the pic.

The re-used Villains Magneto hair piece works perfectly on Bobby. . . i'd like to see him mostly black though with only a few yellow 'kirby dots' here & there. . . . Right now he's looking a bit too much like Powered-Up Beyonder.

post-2737-1283840022_thumb.jpg

Edit - Pic of Bobby Beyonder concept art added

Edited by Nessex

Meh. I'll still get them but hopefully Sam will come with a "rocket blast" & they'll fix Karma's face (It's uuuggggiiieee).

I don't really like that Rhane, either...it's kinda boring. There have been lotsa interpretations of her wolf form. They could have made her look more macabre, or at least added a little cross necklace.

I'm being picky, though. I'm happy to get these. Bring on Magik next!

So, is there no second AoA set? Not that I'm complaining, as I have to have a friend grab these for me, and the less he has to get, the better. I just don't want to tell him that these are it, and have him miss the other one...

I think those are just the AFX exclusives.

I've noticed a difference between the Magneto cape pictured here and the one shown at SDCC.

The SDCC one's cape was more animated, like it was flapping in the wind.

That I can live with, but I really hope they still plan to include the black face that was shown at SDCC.

Whilst I'm talking about changes, Cyclops also has a different hair piece than the one we saw earlier, but this new one is far more accurate.

well the news is just getting better about these i was hoping not to have to go super hunting for these when the show up!! thank you luke for the good news!!!

Pat from AFX tells me that we will be seeing larger versions of these pictures soon. Also we will definitely be carrying these in our store after NYCC.

Edit - Pic of Bobby Beyonder concept art added

Well, at least it found a home, and it comes really close to working, but I agree that Bobby ought to be a bit more black and less yellow. Karma's face is, um, hopefully just poor photoshopping. I think Cannonball and Wolfsbane both look good. Over all, I think I'm looking more to this set than any other announced this year. Hopefully, Magik, Dani, Cypher, and Magma will be following along at some point.

The AOA set looks good. Cyclops looks nice with the proper hair. This had been a good year for X-fans.