UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 4 anncounced and 1-3 release dates!

AdyCarter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Age Flash will be very nice. Now, if only they can get around to doing a Prof. Zoom, then I'll be in Heaven....

Hurray for new offical release dates! Hurray for Wave Four!

Barbara Gordon Batgirl - big-ass hurray!

Bane - hurray! (wonder if he's going to be 2.5" size?)

Steel - hurray!

Cyborg Superman - big-ass hurray!

Golden Age Flash, Wildcat, Deadman & Spectre - hurray! They can go right by my customs!

Really, while I'm happy to have those four as offical Minimates, I would have bet Wave Four would have more Batman villians in it. They're really mixing it up with their character choices.

Did anyone else chuckle at the line:

"Due to unforeseen delays (and our unwavering attention to details and quality)"

:P

Theories abound... I havent done all my homework, so I could be way off base with this, but:

I wonder if maybe DCD saw what was happening with quality control with other minis, and began to see that happening with the new DC mates. And, being a more quality-conscious company, took steps to ensure that their products would maintain a high QC, which, of course, set the production back.

That would be nice. I wonder if that's what actually happened... :huh:

I've never been a big DC fan (too over the top for me *ignores existence of clones and cults that resurrect the dead, etc*), but I am excited to see the DC line getting back on track and in a good way. I can agree that the latest trend of "quality" minimates could have created some reservations in the DCD camp that caused the delay.

Hopefully we can see some good numbers on the first waves which will make Marvel rethink their stance on Spidey/Wolvie only and 2" limitations.

I've never been a big DC fan (too over the top for me *ignores existence of clones and cults that resurrect the dead, etc*),

drgnbrn316 - I felt the same way but I recently started reading DC. I have to say that I like it better than Marvel for a number of reasons. First off, the big three - Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman - are more like flawed gods than superheroes. Everyone recognizes their power, villians and heroes, but it doesn't make things any easier for them. In fact, some heroes feel forced to hide information from the Big Three because they wouldn't understand what it is like to be a "normal" superhero.

While the Marvel world remains fairly unchanged with the day-to-day happenings of the superheroes, not so in DC. The big three are often in the middle of complex international problems. They may have god-like powers, but they can't do everything.

If you want to sample DC, my reading list would include the following trade paperbacks:

Hush - A buffet of Batman villians. Plus Batman fights Superman (and I mean they really throw down). This is probably my favorite DC paperback series.

Identity Crisis - The Justice League literally falls apart when the secret identities of the heroes are comprimised and loved ones start dying.

Villians United - I just enjoyed this look into the twisted lives of the DC Villians. Catman? Yep, you like this villian after reading this one.

Wonderfully incredible! I wonder which Spectre we're getting, classic Corrigan (I hope!) or the modern version.

I would assume "classic" since he's paired with his old comrade Deadman. Man, this is great news! While I would love to "knock-out" all of Batman's rogue gallery and allies in 1-2 waves (I'm really impatient to fill an Arkham Asylum!), I kind of like how balanced this seems to be; there's a little for everyone(well, maybe not EVERYONE...but a good start!). It may take a little longer before we all have our favorites, but at least they're making an effort to reach everyone unlike the X-tremely unbalanced and X-centric Marvel Mini's(sheesh,what a mess!). If only Marvel's were released in this fashion we might already have a Thor, Dr. Strange, Namor, etc., etc. instead of multiple variations of the same f#@%ing X-Men over, and over, and....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

Fantastic News ;D, really looking forward to a classic Batgirl and the Cyborg Superman. Such a shame that they're all still months away from me :(