UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 4 anncounced and 1-3 release dates!

AdyCarter

Just had a thought.

If they're gonna make a hammer for steel, then maybe Thor will actually appear in Marvel's 15th Wave

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderfully incredible! I wonder which Spectre we're getting, classic Corrigan (I hope!) or the modern version.

I would assume "classic" since he's paired with his old comrade Deadman. Man, this is great news! While I would love to "knock-out" all of Batman's rogue gallery and allies in 1-2 waves (I'm really impatient to fill an Arkham Asylum!), I kind of like how balanced this seems to be; there's a little for everyone(well, maybe not EVERYONE...but a good start!). It may take a little longer before we all have our favorites, but at least they're making an effort to reach everyone unlike the X-tremely unbalanced and X-centric Marvel Mini's(sheesh,what a mess!). If only Marvel's were released in this fashion we might already have a Thor, Dr. Strange, Namor, etc., etc. instead of multiple variations of the same f#@%ing X-Men over, and over, and....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

I agree totally. DC has come out of the starting gate with the right strategy IMO. Kinda funny in a way because alot of their AF lines are based on either a specific artist or storyline while the Minis are more iconic. I know alot of AF collectors don't like Minis (their loss, lol) but this is great news for those of us who have been wanting classic versions of our favorites for a while. Cool thing about Minis is that some easy part swapping gives you even more variant style figs like a Deadman with Boston Brand's head or an unmasked Barbara Gordon (I always like secret ID figs ever since I picked up my first Batman Mego fig w/ removable mask when I was a kid-yes I'm that old!)

Kool beans. Finally something concrete to rely on. The wait is a little long, but it just gives me time to save up the money for all the sets. And a great new wave for DC. Finally a Batgirl. Keep up the good work DC. :P

Looks like Ares and Killer Croc will be standard Minimate size not the larger KISS, LOTR size that they appeared to be in the original illustrations. Same will probably be true for Bane then.

They look the same to me, although the Ares does appear smaller. I hope that it's just an illusion!

Looks like Ares and Killer Croc will be standard Minimate size not the larger KISS, LOTR size that they appeared to be in the original illustrations. Same will probably be true for Bane then.

They look the same to me, although the Ares does appear smaller. I hope that it's just an illusion!

heightcomparison.jpg

Croc is clearly in the larger scale although the height of Batman's ears makes it seem like less of a difference. And Ares does seem to be in the 2" scale in this comparison pic but I think he's not pictured to scale. If you look at his arms they are thicker than Wonder Woman's which makes me think that although he looks like he's only 2", he will be in the 2.5" scale.

It looks to me like they're doing the same thing with her as with Bats and Harley Quinn; mask piece that fits over the entire head with no cutout for the mouth

Why does Star Sapphire's head look weird, does she not have any eyes under her hair piece or is it just raised up too far?

Thanks Fujis, I (happily) stand corrected!

Actually, I'm not even sure if I'm right! You guys posed an interesting question so I thought I'd see for myself. I'm pretty sure that Ares will be 2.5" tall but you never know...

This line is really rocking. i mean DeadMan?! Golden Age Flash?! Steel!? thats great! I love that we are getting a whole lot of different characters, including some not so obvious choices. (can't wait for Booster Gold!!!)

I hope that they are the different scales. Ares looks badass. And the Golden Age Flash will be an interesting addition to the line. I like the helmet.