UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

Damn, that Marvel poster looks amazing. Wonder how I can get my hands on one.

It'd be nice to see it included with the MiniMate 2_packs. It'd certainly be a refreshing change from the current posters which everyone lust have dozens of by now (not that i'm complaining :) - i do love the updated 'who's who' poster we get with each pack)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, that Marvel poster looks amazing. Wonder how I can get my hands on one.

It'd be nice to see it included with the MiniMate 2_packs.

It would be nice but bearing in mind this thing is 24" x 36" (610 x 914mm) & you can only fold a piece of paper 10 times * then I find it unlikely that it will happen because it will still be bigger than the Minimate box . Posters are one of those paper items that really don't deserve to be folded.

* arguably

It would be nice but bearing in mind this thing is 24" x 36" (610 x 914mm) & you can only fold a piece of paper 10 times * then I find it unlikely that it will happen because it will still be bigger than the Minimate box . Posters are one of those paper items that really don't deserve to be folded.

* arguably

I think it's actually 7 times ;)

I know it'd be nice to have a large unfolded poster of this image, but since DST can't sell them, i thought it'd be cool to see a miniature version included with some of the 2-packs like they do with the current ones.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone, but it was hard enough trying to get to the con on our own :pinch:

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere that the Jubilee had a reversible head?? there wasnt a pic on the database but I was sure that someone said that....anyone?

yeah - i totally remember reading that too, but was surprised that we didn't see anything on the database. . . i figured it must have been a mistake?

All the new mates look incredibly cool. I was superstoked to see em.

Two things

1- not shown here is the uncanny xforce team. A box set with archangel, psylocke deadpool, and fantomex in their black uniforms.

2- that fourth character for the aoa box set is the dark beast, or at least that's who it looks like.

Oh, also, that exclusive jubilee has a reversable head, its great.

Ah ha! Found it!

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere that the Jubilee had a reversible head?? there wasnt a pic on the database but I was sure that someone said that....anyone?

yeah - i totally remember reading that too, but was surprised that we didn't see anything on the database. . . i figured it must have been a mistake?

All the new mates look incredibly cool. I was superstoked to see em.

Two things

1- not shown here is the uncanny xforce team. A box set with archangel, psylocke deadpool, and fantomex in their black uniforms.

2- that fourth character for the aoa box set is the dark beast, or at least that's who it looks like.

Oh, also, that exclusive jubilee has a reversable head, its great.

Ah ha! Found it!

Ah!!! right on! I was starting to think that maybe I was dreaming it up, thanks Nessex!....now does anyone who has the set have a pic of that please??

Jeff of the Miniacs

i must see jubilee's other face :)

Edited by eclipse

thank you- WoW she looks Disgruntled - still she is a must have for me hopfully sometime down the line we get smiley jubilee but i aint gonna bit#h itleast we got her

i actually really like Jubilee's look. I'm so sick of female characters looking smiley or sexy. Jubes just looks like she's brimming with sarcasm & is royally PO'd.

It would have been nice if she had 2 different mouth positions . . . (hmmm - that does sound wrong, doesn't it?) but i like the attitude. It suits the character.

It would have been nice if she had 2 different mouth positions . . . (hmmm - that does sound wrong, doesn't it?) but i like the attitude. It suits the character.

your horrible i love it (lol)

didnt look at it that way but your right more often then not the lady minimates are smily or sexy and jubilee does have tude for sure

i actually really like Jubilee's look. I'm so sick of female characters looking smiley or sexy. Jubes just looks like she's brimming with sarcasm & is royally PO'd.

As I recall, she was in her early/mid-teens, and was one of the very few female comic characters in the early 1990s that artists/writers didn't attempt to turn into the male fantasy of the busty, insanely attractive woman (Rogue and Psylocke both come to mind). So, I'm also glad to see this.

Okay, a little late to the game, but I've finally read through this entire thread. Since I had the privalege of attending SDCC this year, I owe to society to add my comments on, well, the comments:

For the record, the reason stores like Toys R Us DEMAND chase figures in low quantities is to keep us going back for more.

I remember this from conversation with DSTChuck, and Storm touches on it in his summary: TRU has a guy, who is a Marvel comics fan, who decrees what mix DST provides. Sometimes it's general, but the exclusives are often more specific.

Can’t do Marvel promo giveaways. Forgot why but I assume some licensing mumbo jumbo.

Yep, Chuck said the contract wouldn't allow them to give away Marvel product.

Chuck doesn’t want a sole minimate section at TRU. He specifically wants Marvel Minimates with the Marvel stuff. If it isn’t there, then it will be harder for it to sell.

He did say Marvel with Marvel, then all other 'Mates together in one section.

MAX line is aimed at the younger audience to get them interested in the Minimate product. Future stuff will include add-ons. Thus, each mission has a specific set of tools that kids can play with and customize themselves. Once hooked, they will hopefully move into the current minimate lines at TRU and then hopefully other DST products.

DST is building a back story for the MAX line. ID cards for the characters, exposistion on the packaging and (future) website. Give them a story to fuel the kids' imagination. Sort like licensing but without a license.

About prototypes getting leaked out and sold online. Chuck is aware of issue.

Chuck did mention that is concern is for DST prototypes. He not only has no control over Art Asylum stuff, but believes their policy was much looser. So if you're buying from an Art Asylum ex-employee, no need for concern or guilt.

What news (if any) on the Universal Monsters?

The only news on Univerisal was no new news. They are proceeding as planned.

Smeg! Sorry guys, I'll get it in the next update.

I remember this from conversation with DSTChuck, and Storm touches on it in his summary: TRU has a guy, who is a Marvel comics fan, who decrees what mix DST provides. Sometimes it's general, but the exclusives are often more specific.

I wonder if we can track this guy down and buy him (no I don't mean collect him, since I doubt he's MIB). We'll know if someone succeeds in this venture when the next few TRU waves completely knock out someone's wish list.

DSTChuck to TRUGuy: "Why do you keep filling the exclusive sets with Kang variants?"

Well, at least he seems to be an actual comics fan, and not a soulless marketing research drone.

Chuck: So who do you want for the next set of exclusives?

Drone: SURVEY SHOWS PARENTS THINK KIDS WANT WOLVERINE...MAKE EXCLUSIVE WOLVERINE AND BATTLE-DAMAGED WOLVERINE TWO-PACK...

Well, at least he seems to be an actual comics fan, and not a soulless marketing research drone.

Chuck: So who do you want for the next set of exclusives?

Drone: SURVEY SHOWS PARENTS THINK KIDS WANT WOLVERINE...MAKE EXCLUSIVE WOLVERINE AND BATTLE-DAMAGED WOLVERINE TWO-PACK...

You mean Spider-Man.

Proof: I was in a Walmart this past weekend and was checking the toy aisle. This old couple comes to me and says they are looking for Spider-Man so I happily pointed the section to them.

Side-note: This happened about a month ago. I was at TRU and a woman came up to me asking to help her find Berenstain Bears DVDs. I offered her help to find them but I told her I didn't work there and she embarrassingly apologized. Then I realized I was wearing a red shirt like the TRU employees and was cleaning up the Minimates section. :P