UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Wonder Woman costume

I dont read Wonder Woman I have never really got my head around with the character. All that modelled from clay confused the hell out of me and I preferred the original or even the silver age look and origin.

Linda Carter Wonder Woman on TV is another story altogether and yes please ;)

So now it seems there has been another reboot and a costume change. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it or is it that there are no WW fans here?

Anyway here is the article with the picture http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/30/books/30wonder.html

Me I don't like it and have a feeling it wont be around long before it is removed, retconed or whatever it is they do nowadays.

It really reminds me of the Amalgam character Bullets and Bracelets

I don't know if anybody watches Attack of the Show, on G4, but they showcased this costume last week and are theorizing that costume change for WW has to do with pleasing (proposing an alternative to) Warner Bros. Suposidly, WB finds WW's normal costume to sexy / revealing / slutty to be put on the big screen and they wanted some kind of alternative, so the gang of at DC came up with this piece of sh!t.

Now this is just speculation, but if the rumors are true, any Wonder Woman movie (with this new costume) is gonna suck balls.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I dont read Wonder Woman

Hardly anyone does, which is why they try stuff like this to get attention for the book. From what I've read it looks like a temporary storyline, and the origin change is actually the ongoing focus of the story (unlike in Spider-Man or something, where it's just used to set up a new status quo), so it will surely change back in a year or two when this story runs its course.

The best part of all this so far has been FOX News reporting it as an intentional move to get rid of her patriotism. I know when I think of American patriotism, I think of a flag leotard! :rolleyes: (Not to mention she's Greek...)

Edited by battlecat

I remember seeing Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for the first time. I was probably in first or second grade. This was literally my first love. After that episode, girls were no longer icky. (...although the girls at school didn't have hooters like that!)

To be honest, i don't mind it. I don't LOVE it - but it doesn't offend me.

I've had the past 20 years of my life to become accustomed to her currect costume, and the world has had about 60 years. This costume might prove to be a classic too, but we wont know for another 60 years ;)

I think (as has been mentioned above) that this has been done with an eye to making a more practical costume for the movie. Trouble is. WWs costume is as iconic as that of Supes, Bats, or even Spidey. Regular punters won't be interested if it's too far a departure from what they're expecting. Oh, and that Jim Lee design is just dreadful. Nothing about it says Wonder Woman to me.

saw this on the source (DC's blog) a few days back, it doesn't bother me... it certainly bothered my dad!

she now wears trousers and a jacket? not really a big deal i'd say... i'm sure she'll certainly appreciate this come winter time. its a 'modern' 're-imagining'... which won't last long, if we each had a dollar/quid for each time that'd happened, y'know...

Similar to Superman or Spiderman, I agree with Rad that WW has a costume that shouldn't be altered much in a film incarnation (though I do think Batman has had a bit of leeway with his costumes that has worked in film). This "new" costume would look cheap and uninspired on the big screen. I would expect something like this out of a WB TV show, but not a film.

The change in backstory offends me more than the costume does. I honestly have no idea why they're trying to make her more like Wonder Girl.

And anyway the costume doesn't look that bad in reality... Anyone catch the episode of bones where Emily Deschanel's character wore a Wonder Woman cossie? Hubba Hubba!!! :D

bones_scene-22_7145_f.jpg

Looks like Catwoman Halle Berry destroying my childhhod love of Catwoman/earning another razzie in the background

(Yeah - i know it's the Michelle Pfeiffer mask. . . . but those bare arms are all Halle-like and such.

Edited by Nessex