UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What in the blue hell...

Haha, yeah I thought it was hard to believe as well. The idea is... interesting. I like that it's not entirely 2D animated like the old cartoon and movies. It's more along the lines of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Anyway, I do want to watch it!

At my school, my house's mascot are Smurfs because our colour is light-blue. :)

I'm in for it because I have kids (although I'm not sure how kid friendly 'smurfhappens.com' is), but I hate how this movie will take my favorite fake cuss word and drive it into the ground. I'm sure they'll just smurf it up anyway (I figured I'd get that one out of the way now).

I have to say, I like the look of the CG Smurfs mixed with live action.

And Hank Azaria as Gargamel is amazing!!! :lol:

Now, is he looking for Smurfs to turn them into Gold, or to bake them in a pie???

Aparantly he wants them to suppliment his really weak magic. Don't remember where I read that. But I remember reading it. IGN maybe?

I'm betting it was in a Smurfs comic. We all know you read them, so you might as well admit it.

They have a comic? Nifty. I'd love to get more of the adventures of totalitarian Papa Smurf and the town whore Smurfette. Ah childhood, gotta love it.

And yeah it was IGN. http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1098802p1.html

Hank looks great as Gargamel!

I don't know how today's kids will like it though. Other than super heroes, my kids don't really dig a lot of the old cartoons I watched like Smurfs, Snorks, Hong Kong Fooey, Grape Ape, Jabberjaw, Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Droopy, Woody Woodpecker, The Hair Bear Bunch, etc.

Edited by handsomedevil

laLALALAla

Right you prob have to be old and British but the best Smurf song is the Barron Knights version. Where are you all coming from...we're from dartmoor on the run.

Classic :D

and just so you you can join in. Barron Knights There is a play bit on the right hand side. Smurfs bit is about 1:25 in.

Edited by MiniFiend UK