UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New SDCC Set - 90's X-Men!

boyd

That Wolverine is one of the worst ones yet. A translucent one with a metal skeleton embedded in it would be awesome.

See... Thats a Wolvie I wouldn't mind buying. Or they could have done a good Weapon X Wolvie.

I have a custom 90's Morph minimate.

Was Morph a real character? I thought he was just from the Cartoon. I know he showed up in AoA but I didnt think he was from the comic originally.

Morph was based on Changeling, which the writers intended on just killing off in the pilot to show viewers that this new series was serious. However, Morph's personality was more comical than Changeling, and was apparently the only person to make Wolverine laugh.

AoA "Morph" is just Changeling with a different name. I assume the writers chose to call him Morph as a service to the animated series fans.

Edited by Joe Hill

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a custom 90's Morph minimate. It's easy to make just get that wolverine with that stock blue and yellow uniform, grab an extra Peter Parker face, I'm everyone has one of those lying around somewhere. Then just get 90's cyclops alternate hairpiece and there you have it! Morph!

I actually JUST bought the Jim Lee Strike Force Wolverine (or 'Heroes' Wolverine) from a board-member for exactly that prupose! Although i'd like to have a brow leather x-men jacket for him to wear. . . so i might pick up an extra Rogue at some stage to complete the look.

I have a custom 90's Morph minimate. It's easy to make just get that wolverine with that stock blue and yellow uniform, grab an extra Peter Parker face, I'm everyone has one of those lying around somewhere. Then just get 90's cyclops alternate hairpiece and there you have it! Morph!

I did the same exact thing with my extra full body suit Wolverine. It makes an awesome Morph.

Magneto looks kool - but i would really have loved a new villain like Sinister or Omega Red for this set. I'll still try and get it though to finish up my 90's x-men roster.

Omega Red would have sold this set but he might be better off in a 2-pack.

What's still left to do 90s style. (and we get mediocre Maggie and barechested & ripped tights Logan.)

If there needed to be a barechested ripped tights wearing X-Men, it should have been a female member. :yes:

Villains

Mastermold

Juggernaut

Mr. Sinister

Shadow King (Ghostbusters style)

Omega Red

Nimrod

Proteus

Mojovision Boxset

Mojo

Spiral

Longshot

Dazzler

Alpha Flight

Snowbird

Vindicator

Puck

Sasquatch

Shaman

Northstar/Aurora

Dark Phoenix Theme

Black Tom Cassidy

Erik the Red

Lilandra

Gladiator

Deathbird

Starjammers

Shi'ar Imperial Guard

Brotherhood Boxset

Mystique

Avalanche

Pyro

Blob

Morlocks

Callisto

Leech

others

Random Civilians

Dr. Moira McTaggart

Henry Peter Gyrich

Graydon Creed

Senator Robert Kelly

Bolivar Trask

Undone Heroes

Banshee

Nightcrawler

Charles Xavier

Morph

Forge

Savageland Boxset

Shanna the She-Devil

Sauron

Ka-Zar

Mr. Sinister

Edited by skynet

skynet, I agree with your Mr. Sinister and Omega Red. Oddly, it hasn't entered my mind that this villain (Omega Red) has not been made, Weird? How about a 90's Maverick (unless this has already been mentioned) and of course more Iron Man variants (from the 90's).

Edited by rx78jj

Mr. Sinister is the Minimate I think needs to be made most. I dare you to name a dude that deserves to be made in front of Sinister!

Someone from just X-Men or from any Marvel?

X-Men: Comic Blob, Toad, Sugar Man (yeah that's a joke)

Anything else: Kang, Blackheart, and Annihilus.

223063-35093-sauron_super.jpg

SOLD! Sauron would be sweet!

Absolutely he would! I mean, he may not be the best villain as far as, yaknow, effectiveness goes, but he sure as hell LOOKS cool. And DST could repurpose some of his Sauronness for some prehistoric Battle Beasts.

Omega Red, Sauron and Mr Sinister are must haves for me. That and finally getting my hands on an Apocalypse. I'm all for more villians being made. :D

And I remember thinking Morph was a hilariously awesome character back when that show was new. I've still got my toybiz figure with the interchangeable heads around here in storage.

Looking at the bigger picture, is Wolverine so battle damaged that he's cross eyed? Or so battle damaged that he has no eyes? I don't remember a Wolverine minimate with no eyes yet. This is a unique first, I think.

Wolvy's suffering from 'Youngblood's Disease'...and kudos to those whom get that term. ^_^

now that i know we've got a new Bishop coming, i wasted no time using his body for a quick Cannonball custom. popped off the arms, put some plain white arms on there and an extra Angel head, then placed him on top the Sentinel's blast base and boom Cannonball!

i like that bishop idk why but something about it makes me want to buy this set i will probabely only buy this set for him and magneto unless they change that aweful jubliee and wolverine what were they thinking battle damaged my left arse cheek well actually maybe they will relese normal brown wolvie as a TRU exclusive

Looking at the bigger picture, is Wolverine so battle damaged that he's cross eyed? Or so battle damaged that he has no eyes? I don't remember a Wolverine minimate with no eyes yet. This is a unique first, I think.

If they haven't already done it in one of the eleventy billion Wolverine one-shots, they should totally write a story where Wolvie periodically "kills" himself in order to donate his organs (this is where my mind goes when I see cornea-free minimates). I find it hard to keep up with who has pupils and who doesn't, Bishop's missing 'em too.

If they haven't already done it in one of the eleventy billion Wolverine one-shots, they should totally write a story where Wolvie periodically "kills" himself in order to donate his organs (this is where my mind goes when I see cornea-free minimates). I find it hard to keep up with who has pupils and who doesn't, Bishop's missing 'em too.

Wolvie's missing pupils *might* indicate that the set comes with a new Wolvie mask with eyeholes. Would be cool to have a properly-colored mask to pair with the Daken Wolverine so we could cobble together an updated brown costume Logan.

Hmmmm . . . upon looking at the larger image. I really don't mind Bishop. Despite being a kit-bash/parts-re-use figure, he really does look the part. I even don't mind the Archangel hair piece. I just wish he had the sculpted scarf. . . but that could be an easy custom i guess.

It's be nice if he had a more sculpural belt. I'd like to have seen him released with something like wave 3 Cyclops:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=19

Or the Wave 13 Shadowcat:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=87

Magneto looks pretty decent.

I feel a bit bad about the bashing this set has received. The set is by no means a total loss . . . it's just a shame they didn't go that *little* bit further, because it could have been a terrific B+/A- set.

I'll reserve final judgement till i see it in hand.

I find it hard to keep up with who has pupils and who doesn't, Bishop's missing 'em too.

Bishop was pretty frequently drawn without them, especially in the Romita Jnr days (around Uncanny 304ish).