UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2

TM2 Dinobot

Go see it. Seriously, best movie in a long time. Way better than Monsters Vs Aliens. It can't be compared to Up, because Up was very... different. Better than Wall-E, let me put it like that. And I SWEAR I am not the only person that say this but David Tenant is in the credits. Several other people saw his name as a main character, but he doesn't show up on IMDB at all. Please tell me I am not imagining things.

GO SEE IT. It is truly an incredible ride appropriate for the whole family.

better than Wall-e?

it cant be, can it? nah,but, yeah it looks better than monster vs aliens(i had high expectations,and it didnt live up to it) hmmm i might go see it next week.

Go see it. Seriously, best movie in a long time. Way better than Monsters Vs Aliens. It can't be compared to Up, because Up was very... different. Better than Wall-E, let me put it like that. And I SWEAR I am not the only person that say this but David Tenant is in the credits. Several other people saw his name as a main character, but he doesn't show up on IMDB at all. Please tell me I am not imagining things.

GO SEE IT. It is truly an incredible ride appropriate for the whole family.

Off-topic, but have you ever considered the possibility that maybe he got an uncredited role in the movie? (You know, like

Brendan Fraser in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

?) Or that it was just some guy with the same name as the *other* David Tennant? :P Off the top of my head I can name two Warren Ellises, two Paul Andersons...

To keep this on topic, I'm glad to hear HTTYD sounds decent. I never watched Monsters Vs Aliens in theaters for some reason, probably because the premise didn't intrigue me that much.

Wife and I took the kids to see this Saturday and it is by far the best movie that Dreamworks Animation has ever produced. This is Pixar good although not better than Wall*e. I don't remember seeing David Tennant's name in the credits.

We are taking our kids on wednesday so thanks for the good words it makes me more excited to see it. My son has been talking non stop about it since last week when we said we would go, he gives us the days left every morning like this morning, "Dad, only two days left until we go see the movie!"

pixar level good, eh? wow, THAT'S high praise indeed! now i really wanna see this movie.

but i have a 6 month old baby boy, so i'll just have to wait for it to come out on dvd. ahhh... going to the movies: i vaguely seem to remember how much fun that used to be. :)

I haven't seen the movie (although I got the book for my kids), but wanted to say my 2 year old calls the movie 'How To Drain Your Dragon' and I think of that everytime I see this thread posted in.

:lol:

• 5 months later...
YAY! This is out on DVD today! Best Buy has the double pack with the bonus movie and a free ticket to Megamind all for $17. Do so. DO SO NOW!

I heartily agree. This is well worth 17 bucks and is one of the best of the year so far. Under Toy Story 3 and Inception but still far and away better than most everything else I've seen so far. Deathly Hallows might change my mind. Plus that little bonus movie is quite fun to watch. Oh Gobber...

I enjoyed "Dragon" it ticked all the boxes. It maybe not the best movie I have seen all year but it does rank as cool. I have heard that whoever did it as also made it into a kids TV series so there will be a series on Disney/Nicoledean etc.

I enjoyed "Dragon" it ticked all the boxes. It maybe not the best movie I have seen all year but it does rank as cool. I have heard that whoever did it as also made it into a kids TV series so there will be a series on Disney/Nicoledean etc.

There WILL be a series, but it's gonna be on Cartoon Network. If only they could get Gerard Butler for it. I loved Stoick.

• 3 years later...

Liked the first movie. Like the series (I watch it with my nephew when he visits. Dragon and Phineas & Ferb are prob the only two I can stomach.) I did see the new trailer awhile ago and my son he's 22 saw it a few days ago An we both decided when it comes out, one of us has an excuse to go watch it by taking the nephew/cousin.

Dino did you know about this http://www.dreamworksdragonslive.com/vikings-dragons.html

Same guys who did Dinosaurs live which I went to see, again using the nephew as an excuse as he was younger then so the whole family kinda went I think there was 7 or 8 in the end an I it was really good. This Dragons Live I would love to see and depending how long it takes to come to the UK I should be able to get away with taking the nephew and my grandson depending on his age.

• 4 months later...

I'm surprised no comments on #2 yet. *cough* TM2 *cough*

Very very good movie. I like that the series has matured as it progressed (I'd compare it to going from first Harry Potter movie to third HP movie). That being said:

perhaps Father's Day weekend was not the best one to release a movie where the dad dies. My kids were in tears during that part.

I went with my wife and daughters and we enjoyed it. I regretted not seeing the first one in theaters and after watchign the first trailer for the sequel I was immediately stoked to see it. The 3D was impressive but not distracting. I still think the trailers gave too much away but there was a lot of character development in this movie.

perhaps Father's Day weekend was not the best one to release a movie where the dad dies. My kids were in tears during that part.

I made the same observation with that and the season finale of Game of Thrones.