UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invisible & Phantom.

What he said! :thumbsup:

It would be cool if someone with more time than me could post pics of the unreleased UM prototype pics here in this thread. I remember seeing Invisible Man and Phantom. Just sayin.

I don't remember seeing a Phantom of the Opera prototype, but the Invisible Man one was easy enough to track down.

1266570686-8.jpg

4-pack of Lon Chaney, Sr. Phantom, Invisible Man (both the "nose" head and the "goggles" head), Metaluna Mutant and Mole Man.

A "Son of Frankentstein" Monster w/furry vest would be cool, but then that'd get into the "Aw, but why no Ygor?" realm of things. As it is, I'd much rather have the 4 characters I listed as unique, all-new characters to be made.

Now, if DST wanted to pack a furry vest in that set for us completists... well, I sure wouldn't argue. :)

... and yes, both a minimate Blob and Tarantula would kick total ass!

Edited by Mystery Man

Tarantula! Tell me you wouldn't love a Minimate Tarantula! :highfive2:

Tarantula would be part of my "50's Giant Monster" box set, with an ant from "Them!", the dinosaur from "Beast from 20,00 Fathoms", and Glenn Manning from "The Amazing Colossal Man".

I can confirm that the Hunchback of Notre Dame 4-pack came out today, but it looks as if the Mummy 4-pack will not show up next week (according to my comic book shops shipping list). He does have the set ordered, but it looks like we'll see them in November. Not a big deal if you got the TRU sets. But a big deal if you wanted the Helen Grosvenor minimate in time for Halloween. :confused:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wouldn't that be, like, the Jell-o salads we had to eat as kids?

At my school, the Jell-o was pretty scary. Mystery chunks of something they called "fruit" suspended in it - I've seen fruit and that was not what was in that Jell-o.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to use a Jell-o cup in my Monsters display as a stand-in for the Blob now. Thanks for the idea!

I can confirm that the Hunchback of Notre Dame 4-pack came out today, but it looks as if the Mummy 4-pack will not show up next week (according to my comic book shops shipping list). He does have the set ordered, but it looks like we'll see them in November. Not a big deal if you got the TRU sets. But a big deal if you wanted the Helen Grosvenor minimate in time for Halloween. :confused:

Argh. Always a bummer when monsters show up late to the Halloween party...