The NFL Super Bowl Poll  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I am pulling for

• Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
  2. 2. and the winner will be

• Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints

I know the Super Bowl is mostly an American thing, but I was just wondering what the Multiverse membership thought about the game.

Who are you pulling for? Who do you think will actually win?

I am most definitely pulling for the Saints and I feel very strongly that they will win. Indy is a tough team, but the Saints are ravenous for this win. Ever try to take a sandwich away from a starving animal? It's a good way to lose a hand...

Lets keep this friendly. No disrespecting either team or their fans.

I'm with Indy and they'll win. The Saints are definitely one of the best teams this year and deserve to be at the Super Bowl, but this year is an exception to the rule pretty much. The Colts have proven themselves as a great team with a track record to back it. If the Saints win, I think it'll be because Indy makes too many mistakes. Regardless of who wins, it ought to be an awesome game since it's the two top seeds playing.

I'd like to see the Saints win because they haven't yet.They should be able to win because they have a better defense but, it won't be easy because the Colts have more experience in the big game. Any way you cut it, it should be a heck of a game.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

The Saints need to either neutralize the Colts D and turn it into a shoot out or their D is going to have to show up and play a whole lot better than they did against the Vikings. If they can do one of those things then they have a good chance of winning.

Obviously, I'm rooting for the Saints, but the pessimist in me still expects the Colts to win. I know, that is no way for a fan to behave, but blame that on experiencing 25+ years of Saints awfulness. Better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than high expectations and to then have your hopes crushed.

I personally think the Colts D, on balance, is better than the Saints D. The Saints can't stop anybody without causing turnovers, and you can't rely on turnovers by your defense the win the game. I think their offenses are roughly equal. The Dwight Freeney injury could be HUGE, though.

Edited by karamazov80

I think this is going to be an interesting opportunity to see which approach to a game works best. The Colts seem to be approaching this Super Bowl with a sense of almost cold professionalism born of having been there done that. The Saints are riding a huge wave of emotion and seem downright giddy to be there. Will the Saints be able to overrun the Colts on sheer energy, or will they be so pumped to be there they make those jumpy mistakes that can cost a team?

At the end of the day, I'm gonna go with the Colts. Indy's D is better then people think, and while the Saint's D is about as good... it doesn't always show up for some unknown reason. Maybe they use the same formula Julius Peppers does to decided if he's gonna be a factor in a game, I don't know. But there it's that inconsistency in the D that leads me to think that the Colts will win.