UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ironman2 exclusive two pack

Mattallica

Probably worth of it's own thread IMO, since this is a release separate from wave 35 or the single packed figures. If you stick too much in one thread, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

You guys figure these will be easy to come by after the fact? Any estimates on what production size might look like? Anyone think they might become available from AFX, BBTS, or DST's website? The fact that they are charging for these instead of just giving them away suggests to me that they will have packaging beyond a plastic baggie, and that we might see higher production runs than previous con giveaways. Of course, this is all complete speculation.

Edited by karamazov80

I guess I'll pick it up, but I think they're wasting the publicity that a movie release gives them. What will sell better, a comic two pack with an Iron Man armor with one of his very underrepresented villains, or this, a two pack featuring a guy in a shirt and a girl in a dress?

Iron Man/Mandarin > Two civilians who the casual observer has NO IDEA are Iron Man related. Good thing the packaging has IRON MAN in huge letters all over it.

Actually the best thing about this set... is we'll actually get to see ScarJo in that outfit in the movie.

I just posted it in the other thread because I was responding to someone's question about where a Widow mate would show up, and that thread had already become more general with all the talk about the AFX set anyway. I didn't mean to "announce" it in the wrong place. :ermm:

This set does seem a bit boring, but I'm always pro civvymates, since it means we may yet see some of the Spidey supporting cast released down the road :)

Weird thing is.....I knew nothing of this until now. So do I stay in this thread or go somewhere else?

Someone should start a new thread to discuss whether new threads should be started for exclusives related to regular waves and box sets.

I dunno why I haven't seen anyone mention this yet (maybe I missed it?) but there's also an exlusive 4-Pack up at DiamondSelectToys.com...

Movie Nick Fury

"Race Suit" Tony Stark

Battle Damaged War Machine

Battle Damaged Mark V Iron Man

I think the Iron Man is Mark V, if my count is correct... Whatever the super secret one they won't show us is. That, but damaged. It's still blacked out like the one in the regular wave. lol...

It was mentioned...in another thread. Can you guess which one?

Actually the best thing about this set... is we'll actually get to see ScarJo in that outfit in the movie.

I thought the best thing about this set is that the Scarlett body would look great with one of the zombie head decals from Luke's decal set. Definitely not on the same page, are we?

I thought the best thing about this set is that the Scarlett body would look great with one of the zombie head decals from Luke's decal set. Definitely not on the same page, are we?

Apparently not. But then, you've got zombie's far more on the bra... er... cranial cavity than I

I'm with karamazov in keeping this thread... the other day I had to spend an entire evening reacquainting myself with the sixty-page Ghostbusters thread (:blink:) and I'd rather not repeat that experience with Iron Man 2 <_<

That dress... egads. Reminds me of something a jungle woman would wear. Think I can pair this with Ska-ar's parts and make a Pretty Pretty Conan quick custom? :lol:

That dress... egads. Reminds me of something a jungle woman would wear. Think I can pair this with Ska-ar's parts and make a Pretty Pretty Conan quick custom? :lol:

heh. Actually, just grab some bare feet, apparetnly abandant in the last BSG wave, and you've got Jane. Modifiy the Conan receipe a little, and you've got Tarzan.

Alright here's what I'm curious about...

On her torso and skirt blocks, the scale pattern almost seems to be placed in such a way as to simulate an hourglass figure... and on the top it goes all the way to the detail lines at the sides, which seems to indicate on the real dress, it wraps all the way around, making the entire dress textured...

So did they simulate an hourglass look with the pattern just to give the illusion that Scarlet's toy didn't have a big square butt? Or is the texture actually confined to the middle of the dress like that in the movie?

I'm with karamazov in keeping this thread... the other day I had to spend an entire evening reacquainting myself with the sixty-page Ghostbusters thread (:blink:) and I'd rather not repeat that experience with Iron Man 2 <_<

Raider,I actually rely on you to find specific old threads ......I gave up last night looking for a BTTF 1 thread (hint) ;)

On her torso and skirt blocks, the scale pattern almost seems to be placed in such a way as to simulate an hourglass figure... and on the top it goes all the way to the detail lines at the sides, which seems to indicate on the real dress, it wraps all the way around, making the entire dress textured...

So did they simulate an hourglass look with the pattern just to give the illusion that Scarlet's toy didn't have a big square butt? Or is the texture actually confined to the middle of the dress like that in the movie?

I'm inclined to say the latter, but I guess I wouldn't surprised if DST ended up making it the former for cost reasons. This seems to be a common dilemma that crops up whenever we get a female Minimate with a design that's supposed to wrap around the chest block but can't due to the way the decals are administered. It's kinda like TM2 Dinobot's personal crisis over Ultimate Spider-Woman a few months back. :P

I gave up last night looking for a BTTF 1 thread (hint) ;)

You mean this one? ;)