UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

I can't believe how much I actually like the 'Boosh. I'm not a big fan of British comedy (IMO I find the UK Office very dry, and I had to watch Shaun of the Dead twice before I actually liked it), but this show is somehow different! Barratt and Fielding do an awesome job of keeping the show very "fresh".

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DVR's... do not ever get one unless you are prepared no never be without one again. It will even bug you to visit friends or family without them. They are wonderful, horrible, life altering machines.

Ok in no particular order.

Fringe (didn't fancy it it when it was on TV, caught the first season on catch up cable service. Watched all 22 episodes over 2 days.)

Doctor Who

Being Human

Big Bang Theory (Every time they are in the comic store I'm looking in the background.)

Top Gear

Hustle (Another one I've never watched on Terrestrial TV. Always thought i was going to be a "serious" watch but its actually very funny.)

Misfits (now finished. Its like Heroes with ASBO's.)

QI

Mock The Week (Frankie Boyle FTW.)

Heroes (Not a major watch but if not else is about.)

Cant think of anything else at moment. That said I AVOID! anything celeb/reality/big brother/X-factor type of thing. I hate that stuff with a smurfing vengeance.

Desperate Housewives (Yes...yes, i watch it. Believe it or not, it is some of the BEST writing for TV i have ever seen. Great show)

If you think that that is good writing might I suggest SportsNight, The West Wing, Studio 60. Aaron Sorkin may be the best writer that has ever written for TV.

If you think that that is good writing might I suggest SportsNight, The West Wing, Studio 60. Aaron Sorkin may be the best writer that has ever written for TV.

While I would make an argument for the teams of David Simon and Ed Burns (of the Wire--greatest serial drama I've seen) and Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl, and Don Hinkley (Muppet Show--probably the most consistently funny show I've seen), I agree that Sportsnight and West Wing were exceptionally well written shows, particularly for non-HBO/Showtime-type fare.

First thing which you might not know, German television AND movies are allways dubbed! Which on the one hand takes a lot of time therefore we usually have a pretty long delay when it comes to English speaking series. On the other hand: it sucks. (I mean, it does not suck as much the way movies are dubbed in Poland, where usually a single speaker dubbes each and every character throughout the whole thing, but it still sucks.)

So much for an introduction and now I can easily confess that - not only for that reason but still - I don't have a TV since about a decade now, so I don't really catch up with new series. But there is the internet and there are DVDs and I have a laptop.

Therefore: I really do enjoy LOST a lot and I love it's strangeness. I watched the first season of Heroes but stopped afterwards. Someone already mentioned the UK series Spaced which I also really enjoyed. I gave Dead Like Me a chance, but it's nothing more than just a nice thing, nothing I really try to watch. I also started to read the Sookie Stackhouse/TrueBlood novels here in New York and since I enjoyed them I looked for the DVDs on ebay and found the complete first season for about 20$ already waiting for me back home. Oh, and BHM, I also enjoyed the original Wallander series a lot - both in TV and as novels -, but of course it was dubbed. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I do have Netflix, but I just got finished up Battlestar Galactica a week or so ago, and now I'm trying to "catch up" on Homicide: Life on the Streets :lol:

I'm hoping watching Lost on DVD will be more compelling than it was trying to watch weekly last year.

Taking one sketch from any comedy show is dangerous but 'Bellamy's People' is absolutely 'fresh', probably won't travel well but is very very funny,irreverent & f*cking brilliant. Just for the record Paul Whitehouse (the guy on the left of the youtubelink) was described by Johnny Depp ,no less,as 'the finest actor of all time'.

Like I said ..one sketch doesn't make a classic but this is edgy stuff. :D

Who saw LOST on Tuesday? WTF.

I know! It's like they said "Well, we have to finish the whole story arc this season, wrap up the individual storylines of a dozen or so core characters, answer about 100 big questions we've raised, but hey...

let's throw in a whole other universe while we're at it! Plenty of time!"

:lol:

here is my list:

Chuck{just stated to watch}

Smallville{from the begining}

LOST{from the begining of course if not i would not know what the hell is going on}

Review's On The Run{started watching about 2 years ago}

X-PLAY{watch it every now and then}

Glee{from the beggining}

Family Guy{ALLOT}

Futurama{Allot}

The clevleand show{ALLOT}

Iron Man Armored Adventures{every now and then}

Vampire Diaries{from the beggining,i watch it because i am in the male gender}

The office{every now and then}

30 Rock{every now and then}

24{since the second season}

Ace Of Cakes{every now and then}

House Hunters{i watch it almost every day}

House Hunters International{i watch it almost every day}

Love It Or List It{watch it 2 or 3 times a month}

What scares me about me liking those last 3 shows,is that im 11yrs old and turning 12yrs old in may

• 4 weeks later...
Desperate Housewives (Yes...yes, i watch it. Believe it or not, it is some of the BEST writing for TV i have ever seen. Great show)

I was watching the Oscars tonight and left my TV on ABC once it ended. I watched 2 episode of Desperate Houswives and it kind of sucks. I honestly can not find one good thing to say about it.

Thanks for using spoiler tags on Lost, haven't seen anything of the new season, but I will.

Anyway, I just started watching the "IT Crowd" last week and I really like it! Sometimes it's a little too excessive, but sometimes I really crack up laughing. It's one of these old-school silly recorded-in-front-of-a-live-audience-shows and usually I'm pretty quick annoyed when I hear other people lauging in a TV-show, but this one's an exceptionally little show.

This seems the best spot for this question...

I've watched Deadliest Catch for all 5 seasons. But now... according to producers they were filming right up until Capt. Phil's death, which occurred at an offload mid oppie season. (if you've watched the show, you know what I'm saying) Phil was my favorite Captain, and according to his oldest son Josh Phil wanted filming to go on, even in his hospital. Apparently money considerations aside, Phil was considering the film crew a part of his crew, and was worried about causing them and the show problems if they couldn't finish their season. For their part the producers haven't decided what they are going to do with the hospital footage, and with the show in general. Phil was apparently very clear about wanting it to go on.

But I'm not sure I can. My wife said it well when Phil suffered a serious health scare on camera two years ago. "This isn't Stark Trek where Pickard takes a phaser to the chest but you know he's really okay." She said, "That's a real person, who's really in serious trouble, and I'm not sure I can watch that." It's not a matter of feeling like his death is being exploited, in a sense it is, but at the decedent's request. But it'll be a lot like watching home movies of a friend's last days not long after their death, and I'm not sure I'm up for that.

Any other Catch fans on list? What are you going to do about season 6?

Not exactly a Deadliest Catch fan, but I'm guessing a lot of Richard Hammond fans must've felt the same way a couple years back.

It's always tricky to see a popular show's run getting marred in a big way by real-life events. I used to watch a lot of WWE for a while, and I still remember like it was yesterday the big vacuum Eddie Guerrero left behind when he died :( Sure, his death was tragic because of how unexpected he was, but the fact that he was a consummate performer who really cared about the sport(?) really drove home the level of devotion there. And while the industry did move on eventually, personally I'm invested in the theory that since then things have never quite been the same again, you know?

(I'm spoilering this out of fear of bad taste, but for a while I also held a theory that Eddie Guerrero's death

was partially instrumental in what eventually happened to Chris Benoit

.)

• 1 month later...

Just watched the Season premiers of V and Human Target. which are showing on SyFy or whatever its called in UK.

V I liked I really liked the old series which I have on DVD and its good to see them reference old characters with a new twist. My problem with it is a bit double edged its a like and dislike at the same time. For it to go anywhere it will have to deviate alot from the old series otherwise viewers will know exactly what is going to happen. An that is the other side if it goes to far off what it is remebered for I could see ppl going, Huh!

Then again its early doors on this and Battlestar did alright from its reboot.

Human Target I just dont know. I just cant see this going anywhere its very samey from the 2 episodes I've seen and I could get very bored very quick with this. I do like Jackie Earle Haley in it though. the kinda talk softly but carry a big stick sorta thing.