UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

I really don't like how the Mini-Time Machine looks from a side or 3/4ths angle view BUT I finally figures out how to display it: Dead on!

From the sides the time machine looks squatty but from a straight on view, it's pretty good (a little tall, but it's as wide as it should be about) I butted it up against the back of my display shelf, with Doc, Marty and a custom 10th Doctor (he hitched a ride with them since I'm too lazy to print and build a mini-TARDIS yet) climbing out of it and it looks just as good as any official full-sized time-machine but for half-the-shelf-space! (I'm thinking I might make a back drop for it to make it look as though it crashed through a wall)

I also got the Mini-Jet and I do want to say, the modular-ness of the jets shows some real potential for the unlicensed vehicles, right out the box you can pick up to 4 different wing configurations (If anyone doesn't want their Jet's Jet-pack I'll buy it off you, I'd kind of like to go with the dual-turbine set up on the box but I'm not willing to spend $12 on another jet), I'm not sure how that would translate to more realistic vehicles like the fire truck and helicopter being able to switch parts or set them up upside-down-backwards pieces, but more faux-future vehicles will open some fun options, especially if the pirate ship is Max compatible (space pirates! They're pirates in spaaace!)

I actually really like the deformed style of the DeLorean. It now sits above me in my dorm room :D

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really had no intention of buying these; I don't have room to get into vehicles in my display cases, and I'm just not that into vehicles to begin with.

But I saw the Delorean at TRU today as was charmed. It's pretty irresistible when you see it in person. So, yeah, got a BTTF poster reenactment in my display case now... :)

Beautiful.

I forgot about the Resistance Fighter (who is obviously Kyle), so it looks like they coerced a few bucks out of me after all. Joy...

And ever since i saw the two different Jets my plan as 3 Red Fighters led by the Stealth Jet, so depending on how many my LCS gets i'll pick up 2 or 3. Love the look of the Red Pilot, especially the sunglasses-head.

And DeLorean...well i did miss TRU, and this one doesn't look like there's too much ice on it, on top of the fact that Rad Suit Marty is a better variant...so it looks like i'll pick it up.

Stupid DST and their awesome toys. :P

Odd that the card back photos are from the TRU versions. I'm liking the red MAX jet more than the black, I might snag it if I see it.

Wasn't there another version of the Delorean that's been shown? That one looks identical to the TRU version, aside from Marty being in his rad. suit.

My TRU finallly got these today! I picked up the Delorean and the MAX jet. I am only going to get the PX HK because I don't need another Terminator. I love both the Delorean and the jet. I love how customizable the jet is although having to take off the pilots gloves to get him to go inside is annoying. Getting these makes me want the ST Shuttlecraft they showed sooooooooooooooooo much more!

So the Art Asylum blog put up pictures of the PX wave of vehicles and the Delorean is just like the TRU one! I thought it was supposed to be iced/frosted! If it isn't any different from the TRU version that will be lame, I will still buy it of course because I want to have the radioactive suit Marty but come on the other two vehicles in the wave are different!

went to my local TRU yesterday and I was quite surprised that they they had the vehicles, they had 3 of the "time-machines", 3 of the Terminator tanks and 2 of the jets - I ended up buying 2 of the Deloreans cause they look cool in the package, but once I got home and opened one Im not that impressed. I prefer the welly ones as far as scale goes (even though the figures dont fit inside) so I'll probably take the other one back, and buy the "frosted" one when it comes out, moreso for the radiation suit Marty figure then the car itself.

Despite Dinbot's witticism, clear parts do dye, but getting red out of a yellow piece is going to be pretty tough. Best you might do is a red-orange. Same effect with translucent paint, I expect.

Okay, yes and no. it depends on the type of plastic used. Historically clear plastic used a different polymer base than solid PVC type. It is much harder to dye, to the point it usually only comes out lightly tinted, if all all. i tried for years to dye Transformers, usually with varying degrees of failure. Minimate type plastic may be another beast entirely though. Didn't someone do a Pantone clear set that they dyed?

Does anyone know how many come to a case? 2 each? I'm thinking a PX case would be the bees knees.

Despite Dinbot's witticism, clear parts do dye, but getting red out of a yellow piece is going to be pretty tough. Best you might do is a red-orange. Same effect with translucent paint, I expect.

Okay, yes and no. it depends on the type of plastic used. Historically clear plastic used a different polymer base than solid PVC type. It is much harder to dye, to the point it usually only comes out lightly tinted, if all all. i tried for years to dye Transformers, usually with varying degrees of failure. Minimate type plastic may be another beast entirely though.

I hear you on that. As I said, getting a red is gonna be pretty tough.

Didn't someone do a Pantone clear set that they dyed?

Yes, some one did. And the grueling process perfectly illustrates your point: some clear 'Mates took the dye well (original Ice Man), many did not (GB ghosts, even more recent Ice Men).

Has it been mentioned and I missed it, that the extra hair and hands are most likely for the MAX jet pilot?

Yes, you missed it. It's also been theorized that the extra head and hands are meant for Radiation Suit Marty and just got packed with all DeLoreans instead of just the PX pack.