UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Iron Man gets the extra helmet with the open face plate, white-dude colored hands and hair while Rhodey gets nada. And since the drone with Tony comes with the shoulder cannon, his pack looks huge. Rhodey's pack is him and the drone with nothing else. It's prett disappointing that he has nothing. I was hoping for a dress uniform shirt under the jacket with some extra arms, but it's not there. The only real benefit to this version of him is there's no hole in his head.

I see no difference in drones. In fact, when comparing I almost mixed up which was which.

Is IM's left leg less red than the right or is it just the lighting? I've been finding a lot of the inconsistencies with the red metallic paint apps for minimates as of late.

I think it's just the lighting, but the paint didn't seem right on any either of the two new figures (a few specks missing here and there and Rhodey's knees are a different color blue).

The more I look at these the more wave two looks like a huge after-thought. I'm happy to have Rhodey like this and undamaged MKVI was necessary, but they could have been worked in elsewhere and/or given better companions than repacked drones. The drones should have at least been damaged or something.

Thank you, TRU.com, for screwing up my order and sending me two of the IM VI packs instead of the two Rhodey packs I ordered. At least they came undamaged, unlike the last time I ordered from you. Poor distribution, screwing up online orders - is there anything that you do well, TRU?

Anyone want to trade an IM VI 2-pack for a Rhodey 2-pack?

Thank you, TRU.com, for screwing up my order and sending me two of the IM VI packs instead of the two Rhodey packs I ordered. At least they came undamaged, unlike the last time I ordered from you. Poor distribution, screwing up online orders - is there anything that you do well, TRU?

Anyone want to trade an IM VI 2-pack for a Rhodey 2-pack?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933194

Is the screw up surprising considering the image in that listing?

I'm laughing crying right now since the same thing that happened to boyd happened to me! I got the Mark VI IM instead of the Afrhodes. And yep, all are damaged in some form. Well, this changes my hunt from Mark VI to Afrhodes now...

This happen to anyone else? Did customer service do anything?

To anyone who finds these in stores, I need one of each exclusive, please.

If at all possible, I'd like a second Rhodey pack (Rhodey for a custom, Drone for troop building). But I'd forgo my second so someone else can have their first.

I had no problem finding the first wave exclusives, even seeing them multiple times!! WWH & Klaw are still flooding stores. But Hulkbuster & Lockjaw are repeating the Warpath/Moonstone fiascos, and now this. Jaysus. :rolleyes:

These things have been sitting in the TRU warehouse for a month. Stopped by and talked to my friend who works there tonight and he showed me on the computer that they arrived to the warehouse for the South East on June 15th. There was a similar holdup when the first wave came out, but not as bad. Hopefully these will start shipping ASAP.

Maybe they're holding onto them until closer to the DVD release?

If so they got over 2 months. Might be a smart idea but that is valuable Warehouse space taken up. It seems just like a really dumb move here.

Seriously I was just wondering the same thing, if these are going to show up in stores or not. (suddenly remembers back to the first TRU nightmare of getting the Stealth Iron Man and shudders)

See, I wouldn't have a problem with that, as I found two at first, kept one for myself, and hooked up a board member with the other. Then, a few weeks later, I found another two at a different TRU, then a fifth at the one I'd gotten mine at.

With the exception of the billion Mohawk Storms & WWHulks I'm still seeing, lol, the first TRU exclusive was the easiest one for me to find.

I'm laughing crying right now since the same thing that happened to boyd happened to me! I got the Mark VI IM instead of the Afrhodes. And yep, all are damaged in some form. Well, this changes my hunt from Mark VI to Afrhodes now...

This happen to anyone else? Did customer service do anything?

Well, customer service gave me copy and past responses saying: sorry, we'll give you return postage, a refund, 10% off online order with free overnight shipping. Even though the figures were mixed up, I still wanted it and didn't want a return in hoping they would do a switch with the figures they have in the warehouse. Either way, I don't feel like arguing anymore with them right now but hope they change their shipping ways. I'm fortunate enough to receive a figure but I still want 1 good box since I honestly am one of those who irrationally care about packaging. Whatever. SDCC here I come!

Wave 35 has FINALLY arrived at my LCS.

I've already got them on order from Lukes, but i couldn't help myself and decided to pick-up some extra Hammer Drones.

All the figures from the line look pretty good - although i feel like Pepper could have used a little more detail & that the paint on the hammer drone could have been a bit brighter (like it is in the proto pics).

I've picked up an extra hammer drone & happy hogan pack if anyone's having trouble finding them :thumbsup: