UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to pass on the regular Diamond wave, and will settle for just the TRU releases. Who needs more indistinguishable civilians and lame-o army builders, anyway? Do we really need 2 movie Pepper Potts figures??

The suitcase would have been nice, though.

One more thanks to fwoosheyman! My order is in now too. I check TRU regularly for the various permutations of 'Minimates' but what good is that if they don't include it? :D Guess I'll have to add 'Diamond Select' to the search routine from now on.

I actually started checking IM2 stuff this morning, but got called away before browsing through all of it.

And I'll second TTF's thoughts on Senate hearing Stark. That scene might be the best part of the movie....unless you count all the high-ammo smackdowns throughout.

Wow, they really want to get rid of that Mighty Beans free gift with purchase thing. I don't want it but I can't place an order even if I remove it...

Edit: Nevermind. I can remove it! But I think I'll just donate it to a toy drive later.

Edited by storm 1:08

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, but a while back someone wanted the SKU numbers for series 1 and series 2 of the TRU Ironman minimates:

Iron Man 2 Minimate S1: Sku- 431293

these are already showing up x-status. When my friend printed out the computer sheet for me it also showed they were in the warehouse down here in the south east, so they should be arriving soon.

Iron Man 2 Minimate S2: Sku-431329

These of course are not on order with their warehouse yet since they haven't been solicited. will probably end up like the Wolverine Origins second wave and come out later in the summer.

thanks for the hook up. i got one of each of the tru excl but am leaving the others for my lcbs' shipment.

I did the same. I'd rather give my LCS good business; he is always great to me, and even knows to hold any Minimates he gets in, including extras, and even things like DCD's Blackest Night figs. Still in the shipping box. He's a great guy and he's earned my money, so that's where those others are coming from.

Besides, none of the others i really "need" anyway. Hell, almost all of my wants oddly come from the exclusive sets. I practically need both "Natalies," Racing Stark is incredible, Justin is my FAVORITE character in this movie (seriously, from what i've read in the Novel so far, Rockwell is going to play this role beautifully. I cannot wait to see Hammer in action), and the Mark IV with sunglasses is adorable. Haha, the blight of collecting i suppose. :P

thanks for the hook up. i got one of each of the tru excl but am leaving the others for my lcbs' shipment.

I did the same. I'd rather give my LCS good business; he is always great to me, and even knows to hold any Minimates he gets in, including extras, and even things like DCD's Blackest Night figs. Still in the shipping box. He's a great guy and he's earned my money, so that's where those others are coming from.

WTF? do we have the same guy? i get the exact same things and the same packaging style. Yeah, I choose to give them business where/when i can.

WTF? do we have the same guy? i get the exact same things and the same packaging style. Yeah, I choose to give them business where/when i can.

Considering i'm Jersey, i'll say probably not. ;) But yea, i've heard cases where people get tons of crap in Comic Shops and treated like filth. I'm very glad to have one who has actually become a good friend more than anything. Hell, my Mom and he are friends now.

The guy deserves business, and i'm happy to give. Besides, i'd rather not buy a "whole wave" from TRU with all that shipping at once anyway. Especially with a Matty sale Monday. Oy vey...

That Captain Iron Man guy is a pretty cool looking Minimate, and you can use the Dokken parts to construct a more updated brown Wolvie. Also, that updated Quicksilver guy isn't half bad. Just a nifty set of Minimates, based on their own merits. But believe it or not, I'm not very familiar with the characters. So, I just don't need an extra set.

But $6. . .hard to pass up.

Ya know I've been thinking, and I think there may be another IM2 wave still to come. We are still missing some important mates in the regular wave. A lot of important mates are exclusives. It would probably be...

Mark VI Iron Man and War Machine

Black Widow and Nick Fury

Justin Hammer and Whiplash?

Ya know I've been thinking, and I think there may be another IM2 wave still to come. We are still missing some important mates in the regular wave. A lot of important mates are exclusives. It would probably be...

Mark VI Iron Man and War Machine

Black Widow and Nick Fury

Justin Hammer and Whiplash?

The only one you have listed that does not have a Minimate slated yet is the Mark VI.

I just got word that our LCS just got in a case of the Hammer drone single packs. I really like the design of these, I just hope I can amass enough for an army. Now I only have Specialty Wave 35 and the AFX set to worry about.

And I am still very curious as to how they'll be releasing the Mark VI.

That Captain Iron Man guy is a pretty cool looking Minimate, and you can use the Dokken parts to construct a more updated brown Wolvie. Also, that updated Quicksilver guy isn't half bad. Just a nifty set of Minimates, based on their own merits. But believe it or not, I'm not very familiar with the characters.

For anyone still looking for a good reason to buy this set:

Iron Patriot ("Captain Iron Man guy") doubles as both a canon Norman Osborn Minimate and a very cool "Elseworlds"-type mashup of two established characters.

Noh-Varr a.k.a. Marvel Boy ("updated Quicksilver guy") was actually a decently-written character with his own comic title once upon a time. Plus he appears to be one of the few people in this whole Dark Reign mess who had enough common sense to quit working for the bad guys. And he slept with Moonstone. :lol:

Daken has a freakin' mohawk!!!

These are a couple of nifty reasons why I would want extras of this set. Spider-Gargan, however, now that was just a useless Minimate all around <_<

Funny Story...

I called my Toys R Us to give them the 6-Digit item number, and check if they're in stock. Girl goes to the computer, looks them up. I know she actually did, because she actually repeated back the product name for me, and I never gave her the product name.

She says no, not in stock, so I say, "Do you know when you might get them."

<few seconds pass>

"It's actually discontinued, we're not going to be getting them in stock any more."

I say, "Okay thanks, bye." <click> immediately after hanging up I just mutter, "Fricken' Liar."

I have no doubt the computer told her they have none, and I believe her, but I find it funny that they put them in they'd go so far as to put them in the computer just so they could be discountinued and pulled before they were even released, lol.

But it's okay, because while I was on the phone with her my shipment from CornerStore for My Iron man single packs, series 27, 33, 34 & the Spidey Set came to the door, so hooray! New minimates for me anyway!

But yeah, still no Iron Man mates at my local (Melrose Park IL) Toys R Us.

Edited by Gillbob316

Funny Story...

I called my Toys R Us to give them the 6-Digit item number, and check if they're in stock. Girl goes to the computer, looks them up. I know she actually did, because she actually repeated back the product name for me, and I never gave her the product name.

She says no, not in stock, so I say, "Do you know when you might get them."

<few seconds pass>

"It's actually discontinued, we're not going to be getting them in stock any more."

I say, "Okay thanks, bye." <click> immediately after hanging up I just mutter, "Fricken' Liar."

I have no doubt the computer told her they have none, and I believe her, but I find it funny that they put them in they'd go so far as to put them in the computer just so they could be discountinued and pulled before they were even released, lol.

But it's okay, because while I was on the phone with her my shipment from CornerStore for My Iron man single packs, series 27, 33, 34 & the Spidey Set came to the door, so hooray! New minimates for me anyway!

But yeah, still no Iron Man mates at my local (Melrose Park IL) Toys R Us.

Actually they are already listed as X status in the TRU computer system. Which means the warehouses will not get anymore of the first wave after their order. My friend showed me the listing on their "SIS" computer program which just shows what's in stock. Then he showed me the "ASGARD" program which showed the warehouse and other stores. In my area the warehouse has 1800 units in the warehouse so they should be arriving within the week.