UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Called my Borders. The guy I talked to was very helpful. He also said 6 were imminent. First week of April is what he told me. He also 'reserved' two 2-packs for me. When they come in I'll get a call to come and get them. :lol:

This is sort of what happened to me yesterday when I went into my Borders. Although, I was able to score a MK IV Iron Man from the Marvel Select line, hot off the truck. I was also placed on the list for one of the MS War Machines too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called my Borders. The guy I talked to was very helpful. He also said 6 were imminent. First week of April is what he told me. He also 'reserved' two 2-packs for me. When they come in I'll get a call to come and get them. :lol:

This is sort of what happened to me yesterday when I went into my Borders. Although, I was able to score a MK IV Iron Man from the Marvel Select line, hot off the truck. I was also placed on the list for one of the MS War Machines too.

Tried mine. Girl sounded like she thought i was on drugs. "Toys...at a bookstore?? Really??" :rolleyes:

She tried looking them up, but said they weren't in the inventory, so most likely not for six weeks. I'll try again tomorrow, or in person over Break.

i called up mine and had a quizzed guy put me on hold and come back with a listing for the MS figs & the minimates. I asked to be pre-ordered for a set of the mates although the others grabbed my attention.

Although, I was able to score a MK IV Iron Man from the Marvel Select line, hot off the truck. I was also placed on the list for one of the MS War Machines too.

Does yours have unpainted eyes? I've yet to hear of someone getting one with the eyes painted, which is really disappointing both because I've really been looking forward to that figure, and because I asked Chuck about this in the recent chat here:

Resurrection_Bob: Earlier today I saw a packaged MS Mark IV Iron Man on eBay and the eyes on his mask were not painted. Is that how the figure is going to be released, and if so, why is it that way?

DSTchuck: Eyes are white with Red border just like on the poster...

Hopefully they'll be able to send people replacement faceplates or something.

Meanwhile, back on topic, the Minimates are looking fantastic. I can't wait to pick up all of the TRU sets. I'm also excited because from the pictures on The Fwoosh, it's looking like the new Iron Men use the same red as the old Mark III, which means I'll be able to give my old mate the new style helmet (so his face will stay on). I'm thinking of doing the same for my old Mark II as well, even though the new helmet doesn't have the little rivet dots. The tuxedo Tony hidden under the Mark I is also genius.

I don't really like the Fwoosh, especially after the Gleek debacle, but i thank them for pictures.

How exactly was the Gleek debacle their fault?

Anything with the words Gleek Debacle just HAS to be an interesting story.

As for Iron Man... I now think I'm going to have to go for that War Machine/MKV pack.

I don't really like the Fwoosh, especially after the Gleek debacle, but i thank them for pictures.

It's not, i just hate how Mattel only offered it to them, and the Fwoosh VERY graciously accepted. Being a toy forum, and knowing what Mattel often pulls, you would figure the head honchos at the Fwoosh would have said to send them to those that had purchased Gleeks. Do i know how Mattel would have gone about that? No, and it's not my job to. But i just find the whole thing sickening. I'd be okay if it were like 3 Gleeks, but it was a WHOLE box. That is just unfair to those that were told "Sold Out."

Back on-topic, anyone here find these yet? When you do, could we get pics of Whiplash?? Those whips just beg to loo better than the proto's.

They renamed the Mark V (Triangle chest) to the Mark VI, right? Because of the new Silver-Centurion-Suitcase-Armor, which came before the Triangle one.

I think they blanked what we thought was the Triangle-armor and revealed it to be the Suitcase-armor because it was shown in the trailer only recently.

Unfortunately it's not working for me either, but what you have to do is type in the tags on either side of the spoiler. The tags are spoiler with [] around it and then another one like that with a / before the s but after the bracket. Then you'll have your spoiler tags, in theory.

It's not, i just hate how Mattel only offered it to them, and the Fwoosh VERY graciously accepted. Being a toy forum, and knowing what Mattel often pulls, you would figure the head honchos at the Fwoosh would have said to send them to those that had purchased Gleeks. Do i know how Mattel would have gone about that? No, and it's not my job to. But i just find the whole thing sickening. I'd be okay if it were like 3 Gleeks, but it was a WHOLE box. That is just unfair to those that were told "Sold Out."

Sounds a bit like Jay C's TNI sour grapes rant. Granted, Mattel botched it, there's no denying that. But how were they going to send them to people who were at SDCC and didn't get one? Its not like they had access to a list of attendees, or buyers, or names and addresses, or a list of who got them and who didn't. Would spreading them across several sites and a more widespread fanbase been a more fair way to do it? Probably. But Fwoosh has cultivated good relationships with the Horsemen and the Mattel guys, much like the peeps here have with the DST/AA guys. While a guy like Jay C has done nothing but burn bridges and piss people off. I just don't see how its Fwoosh's fault here... they were offered a give-away for their members, they accepted and did so. I don't think anyone with a toy site/forum would have handled it any differently. Translation : I think they get a bad rep for Mattel's screw-up and are somehow guilty by association, when in reality all they did was what any other site would have done... accepted, and helped their site through a give-away. If you can honestly tell me you think there's a toy site out there that would refuse the extra Gleeks as a giveaway, or tell them to give them out to other sites too, then I don't think we'll agree on this one.

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack, I just think they get a bad rep for something that wasn't their fault, and a lot of it can be traced to TNI's pouting column.

Bring on Wave 35 / TRU's / Borders sets !!!!

I was going to PM Luke about this but figured other people might be interested in the response, so...

Luke, will you be getting the C2E2 2-pack in? Or is BBTS putting up pre-orders in the hopes that they can grab some from the convention itself to resell?

Monday....... I asked BBTS to 'Ship my loot' after some months of waiting to do so. Today I got the apologies....the refunds & the excuses. Am I fed up with them? Will I be ordering from them again?

Yes to both.....strangely enough .

I have dealt with 'them all' by now & nothing surprises me anymore. 'Them all' is everybody you can possibly think of selling Minimates on-line & it will be a cold day in hell when I ever put all my eggs in one basket.

However despite the fact that I can't afford to be sycophantic ,a guy called Luke is getting more of my eggs than most lately & there is also one other retailer who's doing just fine but who shall remain nameless because I'm keeping him for myself at the moment.

BBTS are a good company doing their best ,I'm sure ,but I tell it how it is & they often disappoint ...in my opinion.

Edited by buttheadsmate