UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity Gauntlet Packaging Pictures

Kamsm8

We shop the same TRU, drgnrbrn. You forgot the scalper club that meets on Fridays at opening. (and allegedly every other day, but I can't personally confrim those days.) But aside from that, yep it's all true.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Thanks for the pics, jboogie.

The last Radicals e-newsletter hinted at some extra pieces. Was there anything else aside from what you've photographed?

The only extra pieces that I didn't get a picture of were normal extra hands for Thanos.

I picked these up today. Kinda bummed to see the sculpted boot-feet pieces. Though they have C3 holes in them, they don't fit (or stay) on LEGO stands very well. I switched out the legs and feet of my older Thanos with the new one. Other than that, very cool Minimates with some funky new capes. Mephisto is the real stand out, in my opinion.

Yeah, the holes on Thanos's feet are definitely smaller than normal. I wonder if they were trying to mold the holes within the confines of the lip around the bottom of the boot, maybe? An easy fix with a dremel and a steady hand. This is a great set with some iconic Marvel characters that are a little out of the mainstream, which I love. I'm glad they did this set, they look great!

I'm looking forward to this set, but I have to wonder...

Does the Adam Warlock face color match any existing orange? I'd love to have him in his red/orange caped outfit:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/in...warlockadam.gif

It's a very pale almost yellow orange. It's slightly lighter than the orange they used for Starfire's skin color.

My I.G. set was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. Awesome set. Worth every penny. Like said earlier, Mephisto is the star of the show. Thanos is a worthy upgrade and a vast improvement over the old one. In the pics I thought his helmet looked a little too big but in person this isn't the case at all. My only gripe and it is a small one is Drax's head piece seems to not fit perfectly I think the back of it is touching the collar of the cape. I have this same problem to a lesser extent with Warlock.

These are fast becoming some of my favorite minimates released this year. I am a big softie for cosmic marvel, and even though I had customs of all of these characters, these new releases blow them away. Now if only they would make an Infinity War box set to go with it, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :)

Now if only they would make an Infinity War box set to go with it, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :)

Which characters would you want it to come with?

Magus, Doppelganger... and... Pip and... Drawing a blank. Too many characters. (Moondragon need to go in the Infinity Crusade set)

Magus, Doppelganger... and... Pip and... Drawing a blank. Too many characters. (Moondragon need to go in the Infinity Crusade set)

Doppelganger would be awesome. Personally, I'd love to see him as part of a Maximum Carnage box set (with Carnage, Shriek, Demogoblin, and Carrion).

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

I just got these today (thanks to the greatness that is CSC. NEVER AGAIN!!). Anyway, did anyone else have a problem with the elbow joints? I tried to straighten the hands on Drax and Thanks and both arms popped off at the elbow joint. WTH?

I bought 3 sets and thank God for that, as one of Mephisto's crotch joints snapped off in his leg. This set seems to be made up of cheap plastic

My pimp has just received the Minimates & despite my eagerness to get hold of them I'll be patient for a while yet before they get to Blighty ....but in the meantime I've been scouring the 'Cave to see if 'Infinity Gauntlet' is amongst the archives so that I can read up on this (until now obscure to me) series !

About an hour ago I found them .....in fact I found 2 sets of them (1-6).....don't ask me why :rolleyes:

So ,having never read this series ....are there cross-overs which I need to be finding as well ? I've just wiki'd IG & I realise there are a few related titles but are these necessary to find as well or will I be able to follow it without ? I'm pretty sure I'll have the contemporary Hulk & Silver Surfer issues but I'm not confident about Cloak & Dagger etc.?

What d'ya reckon!

Edited by buttheadsmate

If memory serves me (it has been a very long time) the crossovers are not very important. A lot of the crossover books have next to nothing to do with the story. You should read the Silver Surfer tie in's (actually you should read that whole series it was great) though, and if possible pick up "Thanos Quest" to read first.