UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity Gauntlet Packaging Pictures

Kamsm8

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crap. I just got a new email from DST, the E-Spectrum newsletter, and it has a picture of these mates and a blurb that says "Check out the full spread of accessories and bonus pieces here!," but there is no damn link to click on to see anything. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG

You've got to be the first person in 30 year to accuse me of saying too little about comics. :blink:

Folks, some good news! Our own Mirymate is in the news! Congrats, fella!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_...eater_knowledge

LOL! Too funny... My only brush with fame was being on Rate My Space. Onion is way cooler. I'm glad I don't have any relatives that look like Diamond Lil... that would be um, awkward...

Edited by Rheul

Folks, some good news! Our own Mirymate is in the news! Congrats, fella!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_...eater_knowledge

Har Dee Har Har. :biggrin:

This is crap. I just got a new email from DST, the E-Spectrum newsletter, and it has a picture of these mates and a blurb that says "Check out the full spread of accessories and bonus pieces here!," but there is no damn link to click on to see anything. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG

Did anyone ever get a working link for this? I'm interested to see the bonus pieces. That Monica Rambeau 'fro from the Secret Wars set would be a good start on a Magus...

That Monica Rambeau 'fro from the Secret Wars set would be a good start on a Magus...

When will that set be released?

Smart money is on Friday.

Officially, DST ackownledged sending them to TRU, but now official word has been given. Online orders (mine and enough others on the board for me to think most) have been listed as "back-ordered" or something similar.

That thread is found here.

Boo! Hiss! :down::down:

I hate TRU. :yucky:

Unfortunately, Chuck and the Gang are very happy with TRU. So we endure.

To be fair, Chuck and the Gang have acknowledged that it has been a bumpy road, but that the bumps are being smoothed over.

It's only gotten bumpier for me...

I found the Iron Man & Union Jack exclusives no problem. I even hooked other board members up with them...

I have never seen a Bullseye/Moonstone except for the one that another board member hooked me up with, and I will never see Warpath/Angel, considering every TRU I've been to in my area has had the rest of the wave shelfwarming.

And, now Hasbro's joining the bullsh*t, by making the final wave of Transformers Animated figures TRU exclusives.

I F*CKING HATE TOYS'R'US NOW. :angry:

Edited by TENIME_art

Secret Wars is a TRU exclusive and reportedly arrives soon (maybe Black Friday), but I'm not holding my breath.

Boo! Hiss! :down::down:

I hate TRU. :yucky:

I don't know why so many people are down on TRU. I usually find what I'm looking for. The few things I cant find I get online or one of my local toy collectors from another board find it and hook me up. I would rather give my money to TRU than Walmart and I dont think Target would handle things any better Minimate wise. We should be happy Minimates are even being carried at TRU. In a few years TRU may not even be in business, the where will we be?

Now to get things back on track... I really hope my LCS gets IG tomorrow. They should also have the last two waves in that's a lot of money I dont really have right now. I may have to be selective, grrrrrr.

I don't know why so many people are down on TRU. I usually find what I'm looking for.

Though I have also had some luck running across the Ghostbusters Minimates, the only new Marvel Minimate I've seen to date past the Bullseye wave is the crappy Ultimates Hulk/Iron Man. Other board members have also helped me a great bit with these (one "crazy" guy in particular), and of course, we can resort to Toys R Us and pay $15-20 plus shipping if we want it bad enough.

However, it is a bit frustrating to be a Minimate fan who wants desperately to buy these things, but can't simply drive to his or her local shop to pick a pack up. The exclusivity (and non-online availability) issue leads to scalping/hoarding by collectors of other things who buy just because they know they can make $10 or so on eBay, which deprives us and makes us have to work harder or spend more money to get them. As various others have pointed out, the 1-per-case issue really was the straw that broke the camel's back.

It's only gotten bumpier for me...

I found the Iron Man & Union Jack exclusives no problem. I even hooked other board members up with them...

I have never seen a Bullseye/Moonstone except for the one that another board member hooked me up with, and I will never see Warpath/Angel, considering every TRU I've been to in my area has had the rest of the wave shelfwarming.

I'm actually in the same boat.

The first wave of Marvel never hit shelves here, but TRU was nice enough to put the exclusives up on their website, along with the rest of the series, so I was covered. Wave 2 did hit shelves, and I scored Wonder Man & Union Jack. I bought multiples of Wolverine & Magneto for custom purposes (that I've yet to even fiddle with), and the rest of the wave moved pretty well. Then they restocked it. I got more WM&UJ and the rest of the wave moved pretty well, though not nearly as quickly as the first time. Then they restocked it AGAIN. Again, I nabbed WM&UJ for trading, gifts, etc. (though it sounds like I'm taking all the exclusives, I am still leaving some on the shelves. This was before they decided to do single pack impossible to find yet supposedly everywhere variants) Most of this wave moved at an agonizingly slow pace, and there are still six Hulk & Doom sets on the shelf today. We never got wave 3 or wave 4.

Everything else, I've been able to find, but Marvel comic-based Minimates have been impossible. We got Ghost Busters series 1 and 2, with series 1 moving like crazy and series 2 being somewhat more subdued but still moving. We got Battlestar Galactica series 1 (which I had to buy to get it off the shelf, since no one here seems to want it) and series 2 which I and no one else has touched. We got Wolverine series 1 and 2, the first moved okay, the second not as much, since its mostly more of the first. We got the mini-flyers, which aren't moving very well. Despite the store computer saying otherwise, we never got the first Terminator 2 series, and no one knows when the second will hit stores.

I wouldn't be frustrated if the things that aren't hitting my local store were showing up on the website, but they aren't. I've had to resort to the ridiculous eBay prices to get the exclusives, and couldn't afford the luxury of having to hunt down the packaging variants for the ones that come out or came out in other releases. Hopefully, after enduring one more go with series 5, we'll see more balanced cases with series 6 and the website will start carrying them again.

I have my doubts. <_<

However, it is a bit frustrating to be a Minimate fan who wants desperately to buy these things, but can't simply drive to his or her local shop to pick a pack up. The exclusivity (and non-online availability) issue leads to scalping/hoarding by collectors of other things who buy just because they know they can make $10 or so on eBay, which deprives us and makes us have to work harder or spend more money to get them. As various others have pointed out, the 1-per-case issue really was the straw that broke the camel's back.

At the risk of beating a dead horse with a stick, I second this COMPLETLY. Add in the fact I'm a UK based fan and you can rule out traveling to my nearest TRU or the site. Instead I have to use eBay, and fell victim to a scalper to get my hands on Moonstone/Bullseye, PLUS having to spend about $10 on shipping. I will admit I've not really used the forum as I've not really been a frequent member until recently, but back when I was looking for Union Jack and Moonstone/Bullseye I wasn't really using this forum for anything bar updates on new waves and boxsets.

I understand and respect I can't expect to get EVERY mate that catches my eye, but I'd like to think I can have just as much of a fighting chance to get one at a DECENT price as US based collectors.

Anyway back on topic, I've yet to place a pre-order for this set on Luke's site, but I am keen to get it. I'm wondering what accessories it'll come with, bar Adam's staff.

Edited by Caracal