UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NFL Thread

karamazov80

The O-line just gave up on him. That one guy who just let the defensive end run around him should be smacked. I feel kind of bad for the Cards. Kind of sick of the Colts, to be honest. They seem to be on prime time every other week (well, they literally were on two weeks in a row now), and Peyton's blatantly artificial humility is almost as annoying as Kobe Bryant's.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try living in Indy. I like the team and I think it really is Manning that makes them what they are, but you get tired of him. I think last week I heard him 2 or 3 different times talking about how humbled he was about breaking Unitas' record of most Colts wins and I couldn't believe him any time I heard him. And if he's not on the local news shows and commercials he's on some other commercial most of the time. Just watching him once a week would be just fine for me but everyday (literally) is overkill.

I like the Colts it is nice to have them actually consistently good, unlike other professional Indiana teams. My true team is the Bengals and can I tell you how happy I was this week watching the Steelers hang their heads. Cinnci might actually do something with themselves for the first time since the icky shuffle.

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that, GH :lol: . And he is a New Orleans boy, and son of former Saints QB Archie, so I was a big fan of his in college an in his early NFL years, but he has probably been the most over-exposed NFL star over the last few years after T.O. As such, I can understand his developing a certain generic style of answering questions without saying the wrong thing that seems less than genuine, but it still gets really tiresome. His Unitas interviews were so bad.

Our QB (Brees) is a lot less annoying in his interviews, IMO.

vbpanizzi, I was also glad to see the Steelers getting beat. I think they are 1-2 now!

Edited by karamazov80

It's a case of damn him if he does damn him if he doesn't. You can't be that good without knowing you are that good. If he bragged constantly about how great he was we would hate him for that, instead he tries to be low key about his in all honesty amazing QB abilities and we think he's a jerk for being fake humble. It is a hard line to walk. But I do agree his love for his own face in commercials is a bit annoying, but at least it isn't Brady.

Brady is possibly worse than Manning, but despite his success in Superbowls, and the ridiculous, sensationalistic coverage of his personal life, somehow he has been far less exposed than Manning. I get angry just thinking of his stupid smile :lol:

LS_Brady_325.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Guess not. Saints had a bye week, so I don't have much to say.

Sad the Cowboys won, glad the Pats lost, pissed that the geniuses running CBS and Fox thought that I wanted to see the Raiders and Chiefs play, then after half-time of the Raiders game, thought I wanted to see the Lions play.

Crappy blow-out game last night. I feel bad for the Titans.

I'm not going to start flinging poop here it's going to be a great game the Saints' may have a slightly better offense but, I think the Giants have a better defense although Darren Sharper did look pretty good last week. My only predictions for this game is it will be won by 4pts or less and Brees will be sacked twice.

Defend your boy then, Madman! Trash talk is part of enjoying sports. :D

You've got to expect that people will hold some ill will toward the "golden boy," with as much as the sportscasters and analysts drool over him, and with the fact that he's accomplished multiple times what only a very select few will do. Easy to hate a guy who looks that good, has that woman, and wins all the time.

As for the Giants game, I expect the Saints will win by at least 20 points. The Giants will be humbled, Iron Sheik style :lol:

Seriously though, I also think it will be a close one. The Giants real strength is in their defense, IMO, and their offense is good, but not great. Good enough to get enough points so that the defense's work wins the game.

Saints are the other way around (with the last game being a fluke). Potentially the best offense in the league, and a defense that, this year at least, is "good enough" to allow the offense to win the game for them.

So, an interesting match-up. The Saints have played good defenses already (Eagles and the Jets) and came out on top, so I'm curious to see how they do against one of the best in the league. Hope the bye week doesn't hurt them by getting them out of their rhythm.

Edited by karamazov80

Defend your boy then, Madman! Trash talk is part of enjoying sports. biggrin.gif

Stats in defense of Tom Brady

QB Rating 92.5

Completions 2428

Attempts 3860

Completion Percentage 62.9

Yards gained 27,790

Yards per game 235.5

Yards per Attempt 7.2

Touchdowns 203

Interceptions 88

Three time Super Bowl Champion

Two time Super Bowl MVP

2007 NFL MVP

2004 and 2007 he was named Sporting News Athlete of the Year

2005 Sportsman of the Year by Sports Illustrated

2007 Male Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press (the first time an NFL player has been honored since Joe Montana in 1990)

NFL Records held by Tom Brady

Most touchdown passes in a regular season (50)

Highest single-game completion percentage, regular season or postseason (26/28, 92.9%)

Most completions in one Super Bowl.

Most completions in Super Bowl history.

The highest winning percentage of any quarterback ever during his first 100 starts (76 wins)

The longest streak of games with 3 or more touchdown passes (10 games).

Brady is the fourth fastest player to reach 200 career passing touchdowns (116 games). He is the first quarterback in NFL history to have reached said mark with under 100 career interceptions (he had 88 interceptions).

Mother of his first child.

bridget_moynahan_screensaver_set_1-58616

Current wife and mother of his forthcoming second child.

Gisele-Bundchen-Screen-Saver.jpg

Hate on haters. Tom Brady is currently the best QB in the NFL.

Hate on haters. Tom Brady is currently the best QB in the NFL.

So far this year, Brady is average at best. His accuracy is in the toilet!

How many of those passes were dropped? I have yet to see Joey Galloway catch a pass but I have seen him drop quite a few. If my team were driving with 2 minutes left in the game there is no one else I would want taking the snaps. Brady is clutch.

*EDIT: After further research Brady's accuracy % for the season so far is 61.4 his career % is 62.9 and let's not forget that he had MAJOR knee surgery last season. Just for comparison in 2007-2008 the season in which Carson Palmer's knee was blown out

in the playoffs his accuracy rating was 64.9. Last season when he came back from knee surgery it was 58.1. So while he is still getting used to playing with the new knee brace Brady is still ahead of the curve.*

Former Patriot Rodney Harrison tells it like it is :P

I can understand Brady being a little apprehensive about a hit to his legs as he releases the ball.

Edited by minimadman

In all seriousness, the Pats are looking damn good right now (that game against the Broncos could have gone either way), and I am really curious to see how the Saints do against them when we play. We've got the Giants, the resurgent Dolphins, the Pats and. . .a bunch of crap teams that we should beat with our eyes closed remaining on our schedule :D

But if past experience means anything, I expect the Saints will end the season 8-8 :(

At this point, I'm wondering just how bad the Raiders and the Bills can get. And how can you win a game with only two completed passes, Cleveland? To me the bottom of the league is as perversly ammusing this year as the top.

In all seriousness, the Pats are looking damn good right now (that game against the Broncos could have gone either way), and I am really curious to see how the Saints do against them when we play. We've got the Giants, the resurgent Dolphins, the Pats and. . .a bunch of crap teams that we should beat with our eyes closed remaining on our schedule :D

But if past experience means anything, I expect the Saints will end the season 8-8 :(

I am thinking more like 10-6. Although being in a weak division will help them make the playoffs. Is anyone else enjoying watching the Bengals as much as I am right now? I know that it can't last but they are exciting. That last drive against the Ravens last week had to be nerve racking and if the Ravens can't get the penalties under control they are going to take themselves out of a lot of games.

Being the fan of a crappy team all my life, I definitely have sympathy for teams like the Bengals. I don't know how many criminals they still have on their team, but if they win games, who cares? Not the fans, and not the NFL! :buttrock:

michael-vick.jpg