UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

hello everyone

Guest s250

hello everyone

I'm newbie in Minimates.I'm from China.actually it's hard to find MM box sets here,it's rare and expensive,because brick toys not popular here.but we can find some loose figs from local auction web,the cheapest is about 5RMB(0.7USD),but no package,no accessories,just fig.

anyway,nice to meet you guys. :biggrin:

Welcome to the site s250. It's weird to think that minimates are expensive and hard to find in the country that makes them.

the key issue is,minimates,or say brick style toys,is unpopular here,so less toys seller like to do this business.

I'm a Transformers fans,and Transformers is much more popular than minimates,so there are lot of seller,and the price competition,leaked toys.....so we can get cheap transformers or new toys even not announced by official.

Strange that block figures are unpopular in China when other Asian markets go nuts for them. Although I suppose minimates themselves are more of a Western fad due to where they're designed and marketed. How do Kubrikcs and Qee's etc do?

Strange that block figures are unpopular in China when other Asian markets go nuts for them. Although I suppose minimates themselves are more of a Western fad due to where they're designed and marketed. How do Kubrikcs and Qee's etc do?

people more like Transformers,Gundam,or 6"/12"/18" action figures.less people like Lego and other brick/block toys.I think it because robot and big figures looks more cooler and "for adult" than small figures.

play toys is not a right behavior that mature man should do,that's a traditional thinking in China.So when people grow up and still want play toys,they always choose something looks for adult,complex robots,monsters,erotic figures,so on......brick/block figures looks small,simple and adorable,most people think it's childish.

and there are lot of KO QeeBear/Brickbear things....very cheap,bad quality,most of then nonsense paint,so only girls buy them for keychain/phone deco

post-3185-1249379173_thumb.jpg

Edited by s250

They'll learn where it's at eventually ;)

anyway,my small poor collection so far....

Not bad, not bad at all. Considering you have Black Spider-Woman. I never did find her... Oh well, the re-release will work.

And now it's time for your T42 welcome: the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!!

I quote a movie, you name the movie! And here's your quote: "this fate which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh."

Welcome to the Multiverse s250 :)

That's a really great start for a Minimate collection! And I know how you feel about most toy fans preferring "complex" stuff like Transformers and other action figures. We live practically a stone's throw away from China and us 'mate collectors are still something of a minority. I wouldn't call us block-figure lovers a "childish" lot however... okay, going by our posts here, maybe we are :P

And yes, I have seen my share of those bootleg "Brickbears"... around here they're called "Popobe bears" for some reason.

Not bad, not bad at all. Considering you have Black Spider-Woman. I never did find her... Oh well, the re-release will work.

And now it's time for your T42 welcome: the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!!

I quote a movie, you name the movie! And here's your quote: "this fate which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh."

The Phantom

ok! I cheated....I googled the quote..... :blush:

Welcome to the MiniMate Multiverse.

You have a great collection building up there. It took me months & months to get my hands on a Black SpiderWoman & Thanos. And i STILL don't have a Red Spiderwoman. Well done on finding them.