UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Post your most prized posession

Greetings friends!!!

What would you grab if your house caught on fire?

I'm taking Gay Bob!

This is a real doll and not a fake. It was release in 1977 and is totally awesome. I saw this figure at a flea market for $200.00 in the mid 90's. A friend got it for me for a birthday present a few years back.

I love you Gay Bob. :P

Enjoy,

jason

post-2791-1249264594_thumb.jpg

post-2791-1249264605_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason4444
Edited to remove formatting of text!

MY prize posession is probably the admin account that lets me delete the accounts of people who post in large pink text or those who start new threads doing exactly the same as previous threads we have...

T.

Ah that's just TBT's way of saying "welcome to the community and don't piss me off" :P It's a bit of the ying and the yang that is TBT. I'm not sure what my prized possession is, but I'm pretty sure my wife picked it up for me :lol:

Edited by The_Donster

Jason, I have to admit I don't understand if this thread is for you to show your gayness or if you're making fun of gayness. Seriously. Or I suppose it could both. But, i think the nature of it (and how you posted it) might be TBT's issue with it (although I'm sure he'll let you know).

For now I'm not commenting either way on the "Gay content"

I am actually commenting about the post itself... Seriously when did we decided that brightly colored oversized text posts were ok & not as annoying as fuck?

IMO it just says that the person posting has nothing of value to say and is simply attention seeking instead of posting something that is worth reading.

T.

p.s. Isn't this the second time you've rubbed a mod up the wrong way today Jason?

Seeing as how I don't have a Gay Bob doll, if my house was on fire the most important thing I'd grab is any evidence that could implicate me.

If my home was on fire - i'd probably LEAVE any evidence that could implement me behind to burn in the fire. Nothing cleanses like sweet, sweet fire.

'Soon my pet, soon I will feed you the world'

EDIT: PS - the thing i would actually take would be my Action Figure Insurance List. Yeah . . . i'm nerd enough to actually create and maintain a list of all the action figures i own along with there dates of production & item/sku numbers. I figure it’d make it easier for me to replenish them if (god forbid) anything happens to them.

Edited by Nessex

I found your previously censored post ,hilarious, Jason but entirely understand that the Staff took the stance they did & you did the right thing by removing the pictures . This post has again put a smile on my 'early Monday morning face' but I guess you shouldn't be too proud of that either:D Tim is right of course because technically its a 'necro' from a while back & I always remember Shane saying what he actually DID take from his house when it WAS in peril. Not being around 'then' you aren't to know that but posting in the big pink letters probably clinched it for TBT.

'Gay Bob' is obviously totally PC these days & to be fair I think you'd get into more trouble if you had a toy called 'Heterosexual Rob' ;) .

My most prized poSsession would be my dictionary so that I can continue my own pompous bigotry. ;)

I remember Gay Bob! There used to be a joke shop in Convent Garden called 'Nutz' that my Mum would sometimes take me to. Nutz used to sell Gay Bob. I can remember getting in all sorts of trouble for telling my Step-Mum about it :D

Have to say Jason, I do agree with Tim about the font you were using. It is annoying as hell mate. Tone it down a tad and we'll all be good. Cheers.

For now I'm not commenting either way on the "Gay content"

I am actually commenting about the post itself... Seriously when did we decided that brightly colored oversized text posts were ok & not as annoying as fuck?

IMO it just says that the person posting has nothing of value to say and is simply attention seeking instead of posting something that is worth reading.

T.

p.s. Isn't this the second time you've rubbed a mod up the wrong way today Jason?

I was just trying to add something different. I guess this just came across wrong. I do like this figure and it is a prized poss.

And now I know ppl don't like colored text and oversized text..

Sorry about that.

I remember Gay Bob! There used to be a joke shop in Convent Garden called 'Nutz' that my Mum would sometimes take me to. Nutz used to sell Gay Bob. I can remember getting in all sorts of trouble for telling my Step-Mum about it :D

Have to say Jason, I do agree with Tim about the font you were using. It is annoying as hell mate. Tone it down a tad and we'll all be good. Cheers.

No more color or text....check.

Jason, I have to admit I don't understand if this thread is for you to show your gayness or if you're making fun of gayness. Seriously. Or I suppose it could both. But, i think the nature of it (and how you posted it) might be TBT's issue with it (although I'm sure he'll let you know).

I'm not making fun of nobody.

Edited by jason4444

The first time I saw a Gay Bob was on the early 90's Mego Museum when they were a part of RTM. Funny figure and a strange relic from the era.

I have so many "prized possesions" that it'd be tough to gather them all. Whe Hurricane Katrina was bearing down on my home, these are the items I took with me.

Picture album that belonged to my Dad. It is full of pictures he took during his tours of duty in the Vietnam War. He passed away many years ago.

All my Minimate protos & test shots (I also took my carded Bruce Lee figures).

My Hulk action figure protos

My Grandfathers dictionary from his grade school days. he drew lots of funny pictures in it and wrote some interesting notes. It can't be replaced.

The only thing I would add now, that I didn't have then, is my Sideshow Hulk Premium format statue. I love this piece and it would not be easy to replace. It wouldn't be easy to carry either, but I'll tough it out...

What would I rescue from a fire? Wow, that's a tough one.

Well, right now my Minimates are all conveniently packed into one single bag (still haven't unpacked from ouy local con display), so I'll prolly grab that and my cherished LE Christmas mates first. Then there's my Stikfas dragon figure, just love that green guy. I might grab some of my urban vinyl minis, my favorites and the chases. Among them the little guy on the right is hands down one of my most beloved:

flow_bots_007.jpg

But then that leaves my insanely vast collection of other toys, books, CDs... :unsure:

Smurf it, somebody hand me that fire hose!!!

P.S. Fortunately some of my favorite books are already stacked in one neat pile on my desk... there's my Max Brooks stuff obviously, some autobiographical stuff by Gen-X authors, the bittersweetly-wonderful-to-read "The Salmon of Doubt" published after Douglas Adams died (:(), some hard-to-find locally-published stuff, that giant edition of "The Brothers Karamazov" I haven't started reading yet...

Off the top of my head I might rescue (or pay to replace) some rare CDs by local indie bands, and some of my "classics."

If there was a real fire, I'd be screwed fudged for life.

Edited by NorthRaider

Hmmm...

Actually this would have been easy to answer a month ago but as of now I don't really have a prized possesion any more, since I just sold my gold and silver spidermen.

I suppose if I had to pick a toy that would be first to save it would be my wave 5 Cap A paintmaster prototype.

As regards non toys... probably the Cat or the Hard drive I keep all my junk on!

T.

p.s. Cool stuff guys, I esp like the Robot SSP!

p.p.s *EDIT* Ok so I will include the uber cool Res Evil Tshirt one of our members picked up at SDCC for me! - right now it's my fave thing in the world... who doesn't love a shirt that you can flip over your head and become a zombie!!!!!!

If my house was on fire and I could grab stuff, I don't think I'd be taking any of my mates. Even though they are in one incredibly large container, I don't think I could justify it to the wife. 'Sorry I left all the scrapbooks and pictures, but I did get my favorite toys'. For some reason, I don't see that going over well.

Now, I did have a friend of mine who's house burned years ago. It started up-stairs and burned slow enough that they were able to clear out almost all of the downstairs before the fire department got there. So, I always keep a mental note that if I move somewhere with an upstairs to keep the cool stuff on the bottom level.

After getting the kids out of the house, I would try to knock as many of my minimate customs into a box as possible. Then I would grab my external hard-drive, which has back-ups of all of our data, family photos, videos, etc. on it. If there was still time, I would grab my Sideshow Dr. Doom, and some of my old artwork from college that is hanging on the walls. And if there was still time after that, I would take the 52" flatscreen TV off the wall and tell the insurance company that it was lost in the fire. :P

Meanwhile, my wife would be rushing to grab the Xbox 360, to make sure her Call of Duty and Fallout save files were not lost.

Honestly, I don't have a single most prized possession, but after my hard-drive with my dissertation back-ups, I would probably try to salvage as many 12 inch figures, Minimates, and Kubricks as I could. None of them hold specific sentimental value--as I could replace all of them and enjoy the replacements just as much as the originals--but some of them were a real bitch to finally get a hold of, and I would not want to go looking for some of those Minimate variants or rare Kubricks again. Maybe my Palisades Muppets, too. After that, I would try to save the dogs.

Meanwhile, my wife would be rushing to grab the Xbox 360, to make sure her Call of Duty and Fallout save files were not lost.

What a cool wife!

Wow...this is a really hard question. Definitely my first priority would be to get my Mom, Dad, and little brother out of the house as fast as i can. If i had the time i'd definitely run back in for the following:

My first "baby blanket." It was given to me by my Grandmother, who is more like a best friend. I love her and it'd feel wrong to lose it.

My signed and numbered Jean Grey lithograph drawn by Greg Horn (Emma Frost series)

Any other Jean Grey item in reach that i can carry on top of it, like comic covers or trades, and minimates (luckily all of those are always by my bedside)

My Black Lantern ring (i love it)

Iron Patriot, Karla Ms. Marvel, Carol Ms. Marvel, and D'anna minimates

And then i'd run for it. If this happened further into the future, i'd also grab my future Black Widow(s) and Jean Grey (yup, she's officially announced) Bishoujo Statues.

I'm taking Gay Bob!

I remember Gay Bob!

The first time I saw a Gay Bob was on the early 90's Mego Museum when they were a part of RTM.

Wait a minute!?!

I might not have the time to read the holy boards regularly these days, but...!

:P

Hey, Bob!