UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Post your most prized posession

Ok - ontop of my insurance list, i'd have to take my 7' Vinyl poster of Famke as Jean/Phoenix from X3.

I didn't love the film - but i love Famke :wub: and the poster looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: Thanx for reminding me about my Jean stuff, TTF.

Edited by Nessex

Maybe my Palisades Muppets, too.

If my Muppets weren't in a friend's barn stored away, I'd be willing to save them at the expense of never living it down with the missus. I suppose the fact that over 75% of my toys are in a friends barn stored away and if my house burned I wouldn't lose those kind of helps. Now if their barn burned...

And Sam, were you ever on the old Palisades boards?

I bet it was hard. It was bad enough for me and I was there from (almost) the very beginning. I got to volunteer for Palisades at WWC the year the line started. Muppets had just begun hitting shelves and all the hype was there and it was just awesome. I was hooked from then until the bitter, abrupt end.

I was active on the Muppet Central boards for a while, and read about how even when they were first released, figures like Zoot were going for $50+. Crazy. I grew up loving the Muppets, so when I got into action figures a couple years ago, they were at the top of my list of priorities to track down, along with all the vintage GI Joes I never had as a kid :D

I hope you got some nice swag for volunteering at WWC. Fortunately, even with that line, I'm not overly interested in the super-rare exclusives like the black and white striped Dr. Teeth or the white suit Rowlf. But I did need the iconic versions of Rowlf and Zoot, for instance, which were not cheap or easy to get.

I picked up a Zoot variant once at a Suncoast when it first hit the shelves, but took it back because I didn't want it or feel it'd be worth anything if I kept it. :(

Since there were lots of contests and such on their boards, I won lots of cooler stuff over the years, but had to sell some of it to pay for some legal matters of taking custody of my niece a few years ago. I had a white Rolf I won that I sold, but then won another one later. Sadly, I don't have normal Rolf because I couldn't find anywhere selling the Backstage when it came out and then couldn't afford it when the price sky rocketed. I'm still amazed at how much some of that stuff goes for.

When I was looking for him, yellow shirt Zoot went for as much as $200. However, I recently saw some auctions end around $70-80. This might be a good time to look into that stuff, if you are missing something you need.

I had previously seen this one go for $60+

I have all of the regular figures (although I don't have all of the variants) and alot of the exclusives. The only ones I'm missing that I'd like (but will never be able to afford/justify) are the backstage, rainbow Connection Kermit and Jim Henson. Those are so rare and expensive, they are the only grails I consider in my collecting.

And, so no one can say it's not on topic, I forgot about my two unreleased LOTR Minimates. I'd try and grab those if the house was going up in flames.

My Ex's mother gave me a gift voucher for a little comic book shop near her for my birthday one year, when i went in to have a look around - i saw that they had the Jim Henson muppets figure & couldn't resist it. It's one of the few figures i've kept MIB because i've always loved Jim Henson. My favourite movies growing up were the Dark Crystal (my mum tells me i watched it daily when i was about 4) & The Labyrinth. He's been kind of hero since i was a little tacker.

After much thought about this question I think I am just going to make my toy room fire proof so that I won't have to choose!

What a difficult question.

Obviously my family out of the house is priority #1. Then I would take a bucket or something and go scoop all of my minimates into it because they are my largest most complete and favorite collection of stuff. If I had time after that I would grab my Roron Corobb Gentle Giant Maquette that my wife got me for father's day that I just love. Then I would go for some of my MOTU stuff. . . . . .I could keep going but like I said this question is just too hard.

Edited by gambitron

• 2 weeks later...