UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

infinity gauntlet set

undeadpool

Can you imagine what it must be like for DST Matt lurking on here to research the reaction to The Infinity Gauntlet Set ,reading the current posts & then wondering "Super-Adaptoid.....WTF?" :P

Or, "Super-Adaptoid. . .WFT were we thinking releasing Infinity Guantlet Gauntlet instead of a 2-pack with him and Mimic??"

That's why I'm always talking up Silver Age/Classic characters, villains such as Kang and Lizard, and mentioning old issues that Kirby did. I keep hoping they'll take note and release some of 'em.

If they concentrated ONLY on 1960's characters (with a few who carried over into the 1970's, such as Captain Mar-Vell) for awhile I think it'd be cooler than the underside of the pillow.

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they concentrated ONLY on 1960's characters (with a few who carried over into the 1970's, such as Captain Mar-Vell) for awhile I think it'd be cooler than the underside of the pillow.

would billy d. williams be there? I hope so, that'd be great :lol:

I am so stoked for this set, though personally I still prefer modernized versions of characters. though i'm sure we'll get a updated drax soon enough :D

someone else already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but i have to repeat it: wouldn't it be so cool if this set opened the door to a son of satan/hellcat 2-pack? or maybe a doctor strange/the hood pairing? both of those would make AWESOME TRU exclusives....

nighthawk! oh, hell yeah! i would LOVE to see ol' kyle get the 'mate treatment.... and gargoyle, too.

someone else already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but i have to repeat it: wouldn't it be so cool if this set opened the door to a son of satan/hellcat 2-pack? or maybe a doctor strange/the hood pairing? both of those would make AWESOME TRU exclusives....

Strange/Dormammu I think you mean. Right? :biggrin:

Awwww yeah!

Along with a Mordo/Ancient One set it'd be the bee's knees!

right! exactly... that dormammu demon thingie that the hood is hostin'. :)

Forgive me for my ignorance. I only read Ultimate. For now, Johnny Storm is the one that Dormammu is channeling in Ultimatum.

No. I think he means Strange/Mordo :P

Forgive me for my ignorance. I only read Ultimate. For now, Johnny Storm is the one that Dormammu is channeling in Ultimatum.

i didn't even know that. cool! (i don't read the ultimate titles... or ultimatum)

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one else get the forbidden planet news letter? if so did any one see the new infinity gauntlet box set? I dont know why it is important i just liked the look of it. it also looks like you could get a good Kang custom from it. :banana:

Does any one else get the forbidden planet news letter? if so did any one see the new infinity gauntlet box set? I dont know why it is important i just liked the look of it. it also looks like you could get a good Kang custom from it. :banana:

i get the newsletter aswell and was quite happy to see the boxset, but im kinda annoyed about it aswell cuz i already have the Thanos from the silver surfer/thanos exclusive. and the new one looks ten times better, it really annoys me now thought that newer mates look so much better and realistic than the older mates. and look strange in displays next to each other

I just finished reading the mini-series this weekend. I hadn't read it since it first came out 16-17 years ago, but I think it's a mini-series that holds up over time. It made me think about how simple things were in the MU. Yeah, it felt a little out-dated, but overall it was cool. I'm hoping this set might attract a little more interest to the series for some people who didn't even know it existed. I give the series a big Infinity Gaunlet wearin' thumbs up and I know can't wait for this set.

Oh, I agree that there are better storylines that still deserve a boxset (Annihilation and Planet Hulk both stand out to me), but I think that Infinity Gauntlet is still worthy of boxset treatment. Now, I won't feel the same if we get an Infinity War set (although a dopple-ganger Spider-Man would totally rock).

After looking at this set some more, I am really unhappy with how Drax turned out. In the comics during this time he had a huge body and a normal head. The minimate has a normal body and a huge head. They should have made a big chest piece for him that included the cape. But of course that would have raised the cost of this set... Also the detail on his legs bothers me. I know he is supposed to have huge bulging muscles there, but its too much detail in a small, concentrated place, and it looks more like wrinkles than muscles from far away.

Ok, I feel better getting that off my chest. :P

After looking at this set some more, I am really unhappy with how Drax turned out. In the comics during this time he had a huge body and a normal head. The minimate has a normal body and a huge head. They should have made a big chest piece for him that included the cape. But of course that would have raised the cost of this set... Also the detail on his legs bothers me. I know he is supposed to have huge bulging muscles there, but its too much detail in a small, concentrated place, and it looks more like wrinkles than muscles from far away.

While it is true drax was drawn as "space hulk" back during this event... I like this figure because it's more accurate to classic drax how he looked before that. He used to be just a regular sized guy, which is my preference. I pretty much want everything to be based on how it looked in the 70's and early 80's.

While it is true drax was drawn as "space hulk" back during this event... I like this figure because it's more accurate to classic drax how he looked before that. He used to be just a regular sized guy, which is my preference. I pretty much want everything to be based on how it looked in the 70's and early 80's.

Man, you and I think alike!

I read current comics and enjoy 'em. Gaurdians of the Galaxy, New Avengers, Thunderbolts, alla that stuff. But I really want minimates of the classic-er versions of these characters that I think of when I think of the characters. The versions that I grew up with and have known all my life.

I thought I was just about the only one.