UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

Lots of new DST stuff (Role Play Tricorder, Communicator & Phaser) at my TRU in the SF bay area - but no new mates...

Hey! I just noticed your location we most likely hit up the same TRU's...

EDIT on 6/30: Hey Captain, hit the Concord TRU if you get the chance, they got the BSG wave 1 in (minus the 3 packs I grabbed)

I've been busy buying a new car and haven't made the rounds to TRU in a couple of days - maybe I'll try close to home tonight -

BTW - where did your TRU stock them - that store is jammed pretty tight.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSS!! Finally; tomorrow i will be up and at-um at 8 o'clock, get dressed and crap, and hop in my Mom's car. Where will i be going you ask?? To TRU, of course, since ithey finally get they're stock in tomorrow (Thursday...?? :blink:) And i peaded with my Mother tonight to permit me quite an amount of money for these as well, explaining to her tyhat my heart would collapse into negative space and i'd spontaneously combust if i didn't. :lol:

D'anna, YOU SHALL BE MINE!! And yes, i will make the bad pun. I plan on unboxing her. :P

Found these today. Also a 7" Cylon to make me happy. Hit them to wait til next payday (don't worry, I left 2 whole sets!)

Anyone NOT wanting their Stealth and Dirty Cylons can PM me. Also anyone wanting the guys that came with them may PM me as well once I actually get them in hand. :P

YESSSSS!! Finally; tomorrow i will be up and at-um at 8 o'clock, get dressed and crap, and hop in my Mom's car. Where will i be going you ask?? To TRU, of course, since ithey finally get they're stock in tomorrow (Thursday...?? :blink:) And i peaded with my Mother tonight to permit me quite an amount of money for these as well, explaining to her tyhat my heart would collapse into negative space and i'd spontaneously combust if i didn't. :lol:

D'anna, YOU SHALL BE MINE!! And yes, i will make the bad pun. I plan on unboxing her. :P

Does your TRU have a night crew to stock the shelves? Did the truck come in today and the stock we be on the floor tomorrow or will the truck be tomorrow? In that case you may be showing up a bit early. These economic times make it so that store workers become "jack of all trades" where the people who unload the trucks are the same who put the stock on the floor who are also the same who get called up to do cash.

Anywho, hope you get them. Good luck.

it is as i have feared! i found these mates today not at the TRU 5 minutes from work NO! ofcourse not. i found them at the tru on the other side of town :( so now i have to decide

if i make the trek across town for them

wait and see/ hope if they will arive at the store close to me

drive out their next week get them and the ghostbusters

???????

so hard to figure out. well i will sleep out it.

Does your TRU have a night crew to stock the shelves? Did the truck come in today and the stock we be on the floor tomorrow or will the truck be tomorrow? In that case you may be showing up a bit early. These economic times make it so that store workers become "jack of all trades" where the people who unload the trucks are the same who put the stock on the floor who are also the same who get called up to do cash.

Anywho, hope you get them. Good luck.

My TRU stocks products at 6:30 in the morning (poor bastards). And yes, i did.

I can shut up now; D'anna is mine, and is as perfect as ever. Of course, she is still boxed for now, but that will all change soon enough.

I feel kinda bad though. I only left an Adama pack and a Starbuck pack on the shelves...no new BSGers at my TRU!! :lol:

thanks for all your reports. i was able to get all of series 1 at my (not so local) TRU last night. the closest TRU to me is a 20 minute drive (includes going on the freeway).

i had called ahead using the upc number and the lady checked and said there were 10 on the floor. she asked someone to confirm that they had it, but it ended up being a no. but like any good compulsive collector, i went anyway and there they were! i assume that these employees have no idea what bsg minimates are and wouldn't have been able to find it. btw, it was stocked next to the bsg action figures in the "misc" section.

PLUS, i was also able to use up the $20 gift card i got from purchasing the ghostbusters game from TRU.

D'anna is mine, and is as perfect as ever.

So the adulation for the new D'anna, almost, almost got me to buy that pack. But I couldn't go through with it.

I don't know, is it just me? I'm not too crazy about the new D'anna pose. Does it even look like Lucy Lawless? The original one at least had cool drawn on cleavage.

D'anna is mine, and is as perfect as ever.

So the adulation for the new D'anna, almost, almost got me to buy that pack. But I couldn't go through with it.

I don't know, is it just me? I'm not too crazy about the new D'anna pose. Does it even look like Lucy Lawless? The original one at least had cool drawn on cleavage.

New pose?? That part confused even me...But it does have a faint likeness to Lucy, to the normal buyer. Since i love Lucy as an actress and a singer i feel like it does very much look like her, but i suppose i'm biased to that fact. And, ya see, i hated the original for the fact that she had the drawn-on cleavage; it took away from the simple yet elegant look of her outfit that screamed "i am the ultimate narcissist; the perfect Cylon. Beware me." The new one has scuplted cleavage, and has an under-tampo of her normal, low-cut shirted look that uses the old jacket tampo.

I suppose, to be fair, that there is still something wrong with her that's distracting me; the way the jacket folds on the skirt. She uses the same skirt that was brought with Gwen Stacy (SM3), and that was bulky as hell. When the jacket slides on, the gap for the chest block is only made for that small space, and the skirt's girth cause it to expand abnormally. It doesn't make her look drastically fat or anything, since er jacket is supposed to be light and fold a lot, but it is awkward. Also, in the right light it's very easy to tell that the jacket is painted where as the arms are white plastic. But those are the only faults i can see.

I got to my TRU today as they were stocking the shelves with new stuff (one of my favorite events in the world) and I saw a box that said Diamond Select on it so I asked the guy if he cared if I opened it up (luckily this guy wasn't one of those people that is like no wait till we get it on the shelf). I was expecting to see the new wave of Marvel which I am also eagerly searching for, but it was the BSG minimates. I had impatiently ordered this online to make sure I got them and received them in the mail last week and love them all. So i just snagged a Starbuck and a Leoben cause my wife wanted a Starbuck for herself and is very excited to get an Anders to go with her. I was suprised that these showed up to my store before the new Marvel wave since there have been reports of those for quite a while, but I am also relieved that these BSG mates showed up at my store so I know I will be able to pick them up there in the future.

At my TRU they have them sandwiched between Star Wars and Star Trek, guess that makes sense. I'm still scratching my head about where Ghostbusters will be.

At my TRU they have them sandwiched between Star Wars and Star Trek, guess that makes sense. I'm still scratching my head about where Ghostbusters will be.

they might not stock them! i think those only hit the big tru. although if your TRU is getting BSG you probably won't have to worry.

Hoo-frak'in-ray, today was a good day! Scored a full set of the 'mates (wanted 2, but will have to go back later...spent way too much on these and other stuff today) and the BSG 7" excl. "Longshot", Battle-damaged Mortar Cylon, and Civil war Cylon. Not only that, but the kid rang it up wrong so I got 5 for the price of 3 (didn't realize this until I was in the car or I'd have gone back and bought the whole frak'in case!).

Big sigh of relief (until Series 2 and the Flyers). If my other 3 TRUs have these, I'll be more than happy to hook-up those that need these; let's clear those pegs! PM requests welcome.

I'm also getting really isck of going. I mean, i never went into TRU, unless it was for a cousins birthday, after i turned 10. And here i am, 16, going right back in. It's really awkward; i'm usually thinking "okay, let's see. No one staring at the tennager going into the toy store to buy a lot of action figures?? No?? Whew; let's make this fast." Can't imagine what it's like for all of you. :lol:

When I picked up my set yesterday, I had a stack of minimates to check out with. The funny thing is, the woman in front of me started asking me questions and picked up one of the BSG mates to check out. The cashier even started questioning me about them and what they were. Who knows, maybe my sale helped create a new fan or two!

well doom and gloom be gone i found the wave at my tru! full peg! and under neith it was big space just waiting to be filled with GB mates! so i got the stealth cylon pack that is the only one i really wanted (not a huge bsg fan) i figure i will go back for some more later. if they are sold out? oh well.

Found a full set on Wednesday. Loving them, especially Cavil (I want a second of the Cavil set so I can display John with and without his hat and coat).

Cavil Cavil Cavil yay!

It's too bad the Trek line was put on hiatus before they gave us an Archer, then we could have bashed together Quantum Leap 'mates....

Found a full set on Wednesday. Loving them, especially Cavil (I want a second of the Cavil set so I can display John with and without his hat and coat).

Cavil Cavil Cavil yay!

It's too bad the Trek line was put on hiatus before they gave us an Archer, then we could have bashed together Quantum Leap 'mates....

I'm sure you can find a suitable stand-in, as most 'mates only bear a vague resemblance to their subject. That's not to say that we don't still need some more Trek 'mates from the DST/TRU partnership (excellent opportunity for some aliens). ;)

Just stopped by my local "haunted" Toys R Us and BSG is warming 3 pegs. I went to every TRU in a 50 mile radius for 3 weeks straight and now the TRU down the road is stocked with them.

Maybe I should've been more patient. But I got mine 3 days before and they're still awesome.

They're in the Marvel minimate section.

post-2916-1246682631_thumb.jpg

And in the miscellaneous Sci Fi section, next to 7" BSG figs and Star Trek.

post-2916-1246682617_thumb.jpg

Get 'em while you can.